PDA

View Full Version : Skysim Website

Aaron
November 24th, 2012, 02:36
Hi

Is the skysim website safe to buy from, I always get warning messages on it and it is never updated. I would really like to get the Hawk but it just seems to much of a risk to buy from their store.

Roger
November 24th, 2012, 02:53
I'm not getting any warnings using MS Security Essentials but having visited their forums there appears to be some activation issues. UKmil has made a freeware Hawk though.

Aaron
November 24th, 2012, 03:02
I'm not getting any warnings using MS Security Essentials but having visited their forums there appears to be some activation issues. UKmil has made a freeware Hawk though.

When I go to checkout I get a message saying the certificate is invalid. I've also read the customer service is terrible.

dandog
November 24th, 2012, 07:20
Make sure to keep your operating system and browser up to date. If not, that's when you get certificate errors.

falcon409
November 24th, 2012, 07:42
Hi
Is the Skysim website safe to buy from, I always get warning messages on it and it is never updated. I would really like to get the Hawk but it just seems to much of a risk to buy from their store.
The Hawk is an excellent model, well worth the price, and while it's been a long time since I made the purchase I do remember it having a very quirky activation system. Actually when I went back a year or so later to get help re-activating it, the developer and the Skysim folks had parted ways and I actually had to go through the developer to get the issue corrected. He was very cordial in his responses to me but it was also obvious his experience with Skysim had left a bad taste in his mouth.

As far as being safe to order from, seems like it's usually more a problem with the Virus programs we run more than it is some malicious coding on the site. . . .some of these programs will see the dumbest things as viruses and it can be aggravating.

Mickey D
November 24th, 2012, 11:19
I've asked Rick Piper to drop by as he's the only one now who can cast some light on it. AFAIK the Hawk can still be purhased OK. The parent company is now dealing with sales. Unfortunately the site is in a sorry state since we all left. There are still refs. to Team SDB scenery in there and we've been left 3 years!!

Aaron
November 24th, 2012, 12:43
Make sure to keep your operating system and browser up to date. If not, that's when you get certificate errors.

I've just reinstalled windows and done all of my updates so that isn't the problem. I had the same issue before aswell.