PDA

View Full Version : Enhanced FW190A-8's posted by Team Daedalus

Captain Kurt
November 23rd, 2012, 19:32
Team Daedalus can't post because of some change Sim-Outhouse made, but we were able to upload 5 enhanced versions of Akemi's mz-FW190A-8 model. So while SOH is fixing the problem, I'll post our announcement.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Team Daedalus is pleased to announce our first project, the Focke Wulf FW190A-8.

The aircraft is an enhancement of Akemi’s original model mz-fw190-a8, and uploaded only at Sim-Outhouse with Akemi’s permission.

Team Daedalus would like to dedicate this project to Akemi as a tribute to him for all the excellent aircraft he has done for everyone over the years. Thank You Akemi!

Team Daedalus Members
---------------------
Kurt Schwabauer 'Captain Kurt'
Paul Straney 'Pstrany' http://www.virtualwings.org/
Gary Morrow 'Oglivie'

Credits
-------
Akemi - Original Aircraft
Kurt - Skin Paints, Panel, Aircraft.cfg, Air File and DP
Paul - Weapons and Aircraft Enhancement Parts
Gary - Scasm Edit of Aircraft Model for Added Enhancements and DP

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Paul and Gary worked some real magic on Akemi's FW190A-8 to make an already nice model even better.

Gary animated the prop spinner, changed a number of part colors in the cockpit, gear doors etc, fixed the aileron cutouts, and added all of Pauls new parts to the model. He also helped with the dp and aircraft config files.
Paul made new cannons and fairings, shell ejector chutes, upper wing cannon bulges, morane antenna, new pitot tube, and under fuselage radio FuG16ZE DF loop all of which were incorporated into the model by Gary.
Paul also made an incredible set of new weapons and the FW190A-8 ETC501 centerline rack which you will have to see to believe the details. I will post a few close up pics in a separate post to show you what they look like.

Me, I just painted it all and made a new flight model and a dp to use all of the new goodies along with a new panel.

Hopefully they'll be approved and available shortly.

There are 5 different models in all:

JG1
JG5
JG11
JG54
JG301

Captain Kurt
November 23rd, 2012, 19:42
Part 1 Here are some close ups of the weapons package that Paul did. Yes, that's shiny oil on the second drop tank pic.

Captain Kurt
November 23rd, 2012, 19:49
Part 2 more pics of the Team Daedalus FW190A-8 weapons by Paul and one close up of the updated model cockpit - matches the new panel.

Wulf190
November 23rd, 2012, 20:43
Nice!

I wonder if there any any news on the Doras. I know at one time Paul was re-working his fantastic classics.

mksystem
November 24th, 2012, 10:02
76080 Feel free to use this in your new and AMAZING Fw190 packages. I found the green that surrounded the cooling fan that is on the fw190-03 texture just didn't fit the caliber of the rest of your textures and work, so I simply turned the green to black and it really makes a sense of depth to the cowl/fan/engine area. Feel free to take a look, if you like it feel free to include. Thank You for all the amazing improvements you have created over the years! God bless you. MKSYSTEM :salute:

Rami
November 24th, 2012, 11:54
Captain Kurt and others,

This is outstanding, thank you so very much for your work on this. I look forward to flying them! :medals:

watchdog22
November 24th, 2012, 12:21
Fantastic work Team Daedalus! I have downloaded them and will scoot off to fly them. Thank you all :jump:

Discus
November 24th, 2012, 13:23
Thanks Team Daedalus. Excelent job. The details are wondeful. I´m downloading them and taking this ladies them for a ride to see what happens with the frame rates in my rig. I´ll have to fight through some Mustangs before I can get to the honey with the JG301. I hope the bees don´t get to angry before I reach it!! And that some cameraden protect my back.

Cheers, Discus

watchdog22
November 24th, 2012, 14:38
Great plane and flies really well except when you attach the Ab250 cluster bomb, then she wallows and becomes alomst uncontrollable. It must be due to the weight of 15 250Kg bombs in the cluster. I'll try replacing them with 50Kg bombs to see if this makes a difference. The visual model is absolutely outstanding and the textures are awesome!

sc7500
November 24th, 2012, 14:50
...when you attach the Ab250 cluster bomb, then she wallows and becomes alomst uncontrollable. It must be due to the weight of 15 250Kg bombs in the cluster...

Dawg - You can modify the weight of the individual bombs in their respective DP files and cheat the system.

[IF you don't mind non-standard bomb weights in your Sim - some folks like 120% realism,,,]

This doesn't change the destructive power of the bombs - just makes it easier to fly with a belly-full.

Try it and see :wavey:
SC

:kilroy:

Oglivie
November 24th, 2012, 18:15
Great plane and flies really well except when you attach the Ab250 cluster bomb, then she wallows and becomes alomst uncontrollable. It must be due to the weight of 15 250Kg bombs in the cluster. I'll try replacing them with 50Kg bombs to see if this makes a difference. The visual model is absolutely outstanding and the textures are awesome!

I think the Ab250 DPs in the uploaded package may not be the right ones (that were corrected for this problem). Try the the ones I attached, it should fix it.

Please note that the Ab250 bomblets (no visual model is set in the bgl for the bomblets) are set in the aircraft DP to drop a 'splatter gun' effect pattern and because of this are set far from the centerline of the aircraft (so the lateral cg is off quite a bit). The Ab250 DPs (for the OBJECTS_DP folder) are set up special so they do not cause the lateral cg instability to the aircraft.

Cheers, O

watchdog22
November 25th, 2012, 00:57
Thanks Ogilvie, that did the trick. The plane is much more controllable now :salute:

ian elliot
November 25th, 2012, 03:32
A big thank you to all involved, they work just fine in FS9 also, :icon29:
cheers ian

Shessi
November 25th, 2012, 09:18
Beautiful work gents! :ernae:

Thanks v.much.

CK, these skins are just superb, some of the best (IMHO). Look great with a texture and worn look. Can expect great things in the future?

A small thing, but a very nice touch, is the shiney oil stained drop tank. Is the shiney part of the tank modeled separately from the rest of the tank, and given a high spec/refelect...Or just texture colour? Clever and very effective; if you've not seen it, go and have a play.

Cheers

Shessi

Captain Kurt
November 25th, 2012, 10:07
Beautiful work gents! :ernae:

Thanks v.much.

CK, these skins are just superb, some of the best (IMHO). Look great with a texture and worn look. Can expect great things in the future?

A small thing, but a very nice touch, is the shiney oil stained drop tank. Is the shiney part of the tank modeled separately from the rest of the tank, and given a high spec/refelect...Or just texture colour? Clever and very effective; if you've not seen it, go and have a play.

Cheers

Shessi

Thanks. It's Paul's idea, I thought it was very clever too. It's done with the alpha and an overlay texture. He can explain it much better than I can.

We hope there will be more to come, but that is up to Akemi's decision.

Ettico
November 25th, 2012, 11:30
Excellent work. I've always been a fan of the FW 190, the look of it, it's performance, and it's firepower. The only thing I didn't like about the MZ 190 was the VC, and now that's been improved. Not much to complain about now.

:salute:

Navtech
November 25th, 2012, 14:21
Nice to see in the project a "old chap" from EAW :salute:
http://www.sandbagger.uk.com/index2.html

Team Daedalus
November 26th, 2012, 18:32
Some updates have been uploaded to fix a problem with the AB250 bomblets and some other adjustments to DP weights, as well as a new Aircraft DP. We'll also attach the update here for everyone in the mean time.

These files were previously completed, but we inadvertently missed getting them included into the original packages.

Rami
November 27th, 2012, 00:06
Good morning,

I will approve the update package for now, and then update the original packages when I get the chance. Thanks! :salute:

kelticheart
November 27th, 2012, 04:47
What a treat!
Thank you, Team Daedalus!

:applause: :jump: :applause: :jump: :applause: :jump: :applause:

...and a big thank you to Akemi for allowing this update.

:salute:

I guess Santa's arriving early this year!! :santahat:

Cheers!
KH :ernae:

misson
November 27th, 2012, 15:16
I want to say THANK U to all people involved in this project. I´m really enjoying it.:icon29:

pstrany
December 1st, 2012, 12:36
Glad everyone is enjoying our work. It was very nice of Akemi to allow us to modify his original model, and we are extremely grateful to him for this.

One quick note about the "oily" fuel tank. The 190A was notorious for leaking oil onto the drop tank. If you look closely at photographs, this was a quite frequent occurrence. To simulate this, I took the original droptank model, copied it, and expanded the copy so that it was SLIGHTLY larger than the original, I then increased the specularity (shininess) of the copied part, and added an alpha-channel (transparent) texture. This second texture is fairly simple, the texture itself is a dark brown-black, and I use the alpha properties to decide where the "oil" shows up, and where it does not, creating a dribble pattern to simulate the oil drizzled over the tank, the higher specularity giving it is sheen in the light. Again, i should only be SLIGHTLY closer to the viewer than the underlying part, or it just starts to look weird.

By the by, this also works to create bare metal in CFS2, so that a wing, for instance, will have the high shine of metal, but the seams and other details do not, so that when "sunlight" is reflected off the surface, these details are not lost. I've used it with some success to simulate the bare metal undersurfaces of late-war Luftwaffe aircraft......

Paul

Shessi
December 2nd, 2012, 01:23
Thanks for the explanation Paul.

A clever trick, and one that works very well!

Hmmmmm?...giving me some ideas.........

Cheers

Shessi