PDA

View Full Version : One Small Dream.

warchild
November 22nd, 2012, 11:34
Several years ago i started out to create an adversary wing for the virtual US Navy. I failed. But I failed because of this plane, and now even years later, I find myself proud to have gotten what we have so far. Its not finished yet, but i do hope you enjoy this one small thanksgiving gift.
Pam

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6V6Fwxx_hUQ&feature=youtu.be

Kiwikat
November 22nd, 2012, 12:22
Very nice! Really looking forward to it. :applause:

Hope something can be done about those afterburner effects though.

dharris
November 22nd, 2012, 12:50
Nice tail slide Warchild, hope you continue on her, looking good. Thanks for sharing and have a great Thanksgiving. Don

jankees
November 22nd, 2012, 13:02
fascinating movie, well done!

jetstreamsky
November 22nd, 2012, 14:02
Oh very we'll done indeed, great balance has been achieved and some nice flying to go with it.

looks like the real thing.

Roger
November 22nd, 2012, 14:52
Looks to me that you've nailed it Pam:applause: Great video and some amazing manoeuvres:engel016:

rcbarend
November 22nd, 2012, 15:47
Hi Pam,

Some amazing "vectored thrust" in there ...:)

Great video !!!

Cheers, Rob

fleurdelys
November 22nd, 2012, 16:03
"Thanks given", Pam... :icon29:

Cheers,

Fleurdelys

warchild
November 22nd, 2012, 17:21
Hi Pam,

Some amazing "vectored thrust" in there ...:)

Great video !!!

Cheers, Rob

::lol::: Thanks Rob.. Like i said though, without you, it couldnt be done..
Pam

warchild
November 22nd, 2012, 17:27
Looks to me that you've nailed it Pam:applause: Great video and some amazing manoeuvres:engel016:

Thanks Roger.. Its a whole team thats made it this far. TVC Actuator by RCBerand, Engines by John Cagle,, visual model by Paul Dominque, and flight model and tweaks here and there by myself and Paul Frimston..
We're getting close :)..

warchild
November 22nd, 2012, 17:46

yeahhh.. there will be.. i put in temporary effects so that no oner had to look at a blank tail pipe.. since the engines are animated, the flames will all also need to be animated.. technically, at least during a performance, you should never see the afterburner as the throttle never goes above fifty percent.. not even on takeoff.. Afterburn is used only to push it past mach 1.5 up to mach 2.3.

warchild
November 22nd, 2012, 17:49
Nice tail slide Warchild, hope you continue on her, looking good. Thanks for sharing and have a great Thanksgiving. Don

:) Thanks Don. :).. I really am grateful that everyone has enjoyed it so far.. It can be a lil scary sometimes when your this far out on the edge..

Paul Domingue
November 24th, 2012, 15:41

I've corrected the afterburner effect and it now moves with the nozzle. I also now have the nozzles opening and closing as they should. I have a little more refining to do then Pam will have it for her future videos.

I need more info and pictures of the cockpit! This is a request to anyone might have such information. This cockpit is one of a kind and finding anything on it has been very difficult. Anybody who does have something of interest can PM me or Pam. Thanks

modelr
November 24th, 2012, 16:40
Some great flying there, Pam. Beautiful video. Looking forward to this from your team. :applause::applause::applause:

Kiwikat
November 24th, 2012, 17:11
I've corrected the afterburner effect and it now moves with the nozzle. I also now have the nozzles opening and closing as they should. I have a little more refining to do then Pam will have it for her future videos.

Awesome! Can't wait till we can try it out for ourselves. :jump:

hairyspin
November 25th, 2012, 06:50
I thought what's with the overdone smoke effects? - until the first manoeuvres. I think she's nailed it chaps, I do think she has! :salute:

FSDSMAN
November 25th, 2012, 07:17
Looks like my old AlphaSim Flanker set.
I thought I only granted you to use the SU33?

Sundog
November 25th, 2012, 08:43

I thought this model was Paul's creation from scratch?

warchild
November 25th, 2012, 12:16

Sorry FSDMan.. Not your flanker, although without your flanker, we could never have gotten this far. For that, I thank you.. What your looking at is Paul Dominques Su-37 which weve been jointly developing over the last year or so. You can follow the development at http://www.facebook.com/Su37DevelopersNotes. Paul D is still progresing on the visual model and Delta558 and I are still drilling down through all the gremlins to make the flight model as accurate as possible.. I want to say that i sincerely hope everyone enjoys it when it comes out, and I DO hope everyone enjoys it, but truth told, I'm making it for myself Paul and Paul. It and the P-61 are "supposed" to be my greatest work of art. Insane maybe, but hey, i'm not so young any more, at least physically. I can be senile.. :)

warchild
November 25th, 2012, 12:21

Sorry FSDMan.. Not your flanker, although without your flanker's ( yes plural. I used your su-27 as a mule as well ), we could never have gotten this far. For that, I greatly thank you.. What your looking at is Paul Dominques Su-37 which weve been jointly developing over the last year or so. You can follow the development at http://www.facebook.com/Su37DevelopersNotes. Paul D is still progresing on the visual model and Delta558 and I are still drilling down through all the gremlins to make the flight model as accurate as possible.. I want to say that i sincerely hope everyone enjoys it when it comes out, and I DO hope everyone enjoys it, but truth told, I'm making it for myself Paul and Paul. It and the P-61 are "supposed" to be my greatest work of art. Insane maybe, but hey, i'm not so young any more, at least physically. I can be senile.. :)

Warhawk1130
November 26th, 2012, 08:45
::lol::: Thanks Rob.. Like i said though, without you, it couldnt be done..
Pam

Thats what I love most about Rob...he is always there to help when you need to make something work...

warchild
November 26th, 2012, 12:47
heh.. we had fun last night.. you see, fsx goes some pretty strange places during a stall.. we'd go to roll the plane out of the stall and it would yaw wildely, we'd go to yaw the plane out and it would roll.. it was frustrating.. I spent about 20 hours on it and did almost everything except punch a hole in the wall ( which i seriously considered ). In the end, we deleted all mention of ailerons and elevators from the config file, and replaced them with elevons. the changes are subtle, but it really does fly more like the actual aircraft now and the problem appears to be fixed though that was more a matter of cg location ( moved it two inches ) and elevon authority.. now we're getting the expected control reversal during tail slides, and its behaviour is much more realistic over all.. time for coffee.. :)..
Pam