PDA

View Full Version : WIP posted on Virtavia site: Mi-24 'Hind-D'

Dain Arns
November 21st, 2012, 09:57
Some of you who know me, know I'm happy to hear about anything WIP that has a rotor on top... :icon_lol:

Looks like Virtavia is progressing along on a Hind-D project.
http://www.virtavia.com/gallery_Mi-24D.html

Daube
November 21st, 2012, 12:07
Nice 3D model, lots of buttons in that cockpit. But I suppose only the batteries and NAV lights will be clickable, as usual...
It's really a shame that there are so few serious helicopters in FSX...

YoYo
November 21st, 2012, 12:15
GOOD NEWS! After FS9 and Mi-24P of Nemeth brothers, no Mi-24 and here will come and D version! :wiggle:

Flyboy208
November 21st, 2012, 13:07
For me, this will be a must-have ... great news ! Mike :jump:

jeansy
November 21st, 2012, 20:34
For me, this will be a must-have ... great news ! Mike :jump:
interesting nemeth have announced they're making one as well

its looks like this one will be ready first

mal and frank please convince Phil to hire someone who can do a load out manager, as much as I'm keen on the a4 and this, I can't bring myself to get this and the previous releases just to have 1000s of thumb nails of various paints with different load outs, I have enough to select from as it is

Warrant
November 22nd, 2012, 07:49
Great news! Hope they consider a "F" model and the MI-35 as well :salute:

empeck
November 22nd, 2012, 08:10
Nice 3D model, lots of buttons in that cockpit. But I suppose only the batteries and NAV lights will be clickable, as usual...
It's really a shame that there are so few serious helicopters in FSX...

My thoughts exactly.

flaviossa
November 22nd, 2012, 08:19
Great news! Hope they consider a "F" model and the MI-35 as well :salute:

Plus +1 for the Mi-35M!

falcon409
November 22nd, 2012, 08:55
. . . . . .mal and frank please convince Phil to hire someone who can do a load out manager, as much as I'm keen on the A4 and this, I can't bring myself to get this and the previous releases just to have 1000s of thumb nails of various paints with different load outs, I have enough to select from as it is
Yea, I don't know how difficult it is to code something like that, but when I can afford a Military addon, I spend the first few sessions whittling away all the aircraft liveries/Loadouts I'll never fly. Normally settling on 2 or 3 at the most. As for liveries in general, I always thought that for the first release. . .do a couple that illustrate the Units they were first delivered to....not one for every country that every flew it or considered flying it. Then at a later date release other livery packs for the remaining Air Forces. It would cut down on release times (not having to wait while the artists complete the 250 liveries expected at release) and it would allow folks to pick and choose what other livery packs they really want. Just a thought.

Montie
February 5th, 2013, 04:00
New WIP screenshots of the Hind: http://www.virtavia.com/gallery_Mi-24D.html

skyhawka4m
February 5th, 2013, 04:19
There stuff would be so much nicer if they used ambiant layers on their skins...ie the Skyhawks I've done use them and it makes a whole new plane. If I knew how to do them I'd volunteer. I know how to use them once they are made but...thats the easy part......kinda. LOL

Dain Arns
February 5th, 2013, 06:07
I dunno, the web page says "images represent the final product".
Front page says some work yet on the manual and sounds.
This is going to be released, "soon".
Yeah, I used the "s" word. :icon_lol:

I'm fine with what I'm seeing.
As long as it's reasonably priced, I'm sure being the rotorhead I am, I'll add it to the hangar. :jump:

Montie
February 5th, 2013, 07:11
There stuff would be so much nicer if they used ambiant layers on their skins...ie the Skyhawks I've done use them and it makes a whole new plane. If I knew how to do them I'd volunteer. I know how to use them once they are made but...thats the easy part......kinda. LOL

Agree:salute:

fsafranek
February 5th, 2013, 07:35
There are only three external configurations and one of three texture sets assigned to each. So no real need. But I agree it would be nice to have one in all packages.

interesting nemeth have announced they're making one as well

its looks like this one will be ready first

mal and frank please convince Phil to hire someone who can do a load out manager, as much as I'm keen on the a4 and this, I can't bring myself to get this and the previous releases just to have 1000s of thumb nails of various paints with different load outs, I have enough to select from as it is

fsafranek
February 5th, 2013, 07:42
I read and proofed the manual over the last weekend. If/once my edits get in there that will be finished. Just sound files beyond that. Have not had the privilage of actually seeing the model on this one though. Just the same images as everyone else sees on the website. Have no clue what it will be priced at.

I dunno, the web page says "images represent the final product".
Front page says some work yet on the manual and sounds.
This is going to be released, "soon".
Yeah, I used the "s" word. :icon_lol:

I'm fine with what I'm seeing.
As long as it's reasonably priced, I'm sure being the rotorhead I am, I'll add it to the hangar. :jump:

fsafranek
February 5th, 2013, 10:01
You need the mesh file in 3dsMax to make real ambiant layers. It looks great but takes time as it can require mapping adjustments/modifcations. So its something the modeler does. Short of that the best we can do as painters/repainters is make something like what "merida72" did for the Virtavia A-4.
:ernae:

skyhawka4m
February 5th, 2013, 10:15
You need the mesh file in 3dsMax to make real ambiant layers. It looks great but takes time as it can require mapping adjustments/modifcations. So its something the modeler does. Short of that the best we can do as painters/repainters is make something like what "merida72" did for the Virtavia A-4.
:ernae:

Understood....I guess what I should have said was a shadowing layer. If I could figure out how our man did the other one I'd probably attempt one myself.

Cirrus N210MS
February 5th, 2013, 11:18
it looks nice i may get this one!

http://www.virtavia.com/images/mi-24d/fullsize/Virtavia_Mi-24_02.jpg
http://www.virtavia.com/images/mi-24d/fullsize/Virtavia_Mi-24_01.jpg
http://www.virtavia.com/images/mi-24d/fullsize/Virtavia_Mi-24_10.jpg

Dain Arns
February 5th, 2013, 11:38
I read and proofed the manual over the last weekend. If/once my edits get in there that will be finished. Just sound files beyond that. Have not had the privilage of actually seeing the model on this one though. Just the same images as everyone else sees on the website. Have no clue what it will be priced at.

Thanks for the response, Frank. :applause:

Knowing myself, I'll get it. :icon_lol:
Especially since I just finished watching one of the old "Wings" episodes on the Mi-24, from the Discovery channel.

FSN
February 22nd, 2013, 14:57
Very soon...select HD for best results.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cKA2d941wTM

MCDesigns
February 22nd, 2013, 15:51
Nice video, always liked the Hind. They REALLY need to spend some more time on the rotor animation, especially the tail rotor, looks terrible.

Hanimichal
February 22nd, 2013, 16:23
Awesome sound
I need this paints
81669 81670 81671

Hope come with easy and detailed Paint Kit

JensOle
February 23rd, 2013, 01:54
Looks jolly good!

I have flown in the Czech Tiger Hind, so please paint :)

fleurdelys
February 23rd, 2013, 04:16
Nice video but there seems to be a problem with the landing gear when it touches down on the tarmac... :kilroy:

But then I don't really mind as I usually crash land the contraption to my grandson's delight... :icon_lol:

Cheers,

Fleurdelys

FSN
February 23rd, 2013, 04:26
Ya the gear clipping the terrain is my fault. I used an older build of the Hind to record the flight in fs recorder.