PDA

View Full Version : 2nd Mission Builder Install

_486_Col_Wolf
November 20th, 2012, 16:09
I recently added a CFS2 WWI install to my computer. Don't know if I did it right... just copied CFS2, renamed it and added/removed planes, scenery, GSL's ect... to make it all WWI. Is there a way to create a 2nd Mission Builder install that operates from this so that missions can be created from the WWI install with only the WWI scenery/bases showing? Many of the WWI bases do not appear in my WWI install and I need to see them to create/edit the new WWI missions.

Allen
November 20th, 2012, 17:57
It shouldn't be hard. Make a shortcut to your WW1 CFS2. Now go to Properties of said shortcut. In Properties you will see Target: In that box it should read something like this "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\*YOUR CFS2 WWI HERE*\cfs2.exe" after then " add /BUILDER. It should look like this C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\*YOUR CFS2 WWI HERE*\cfs2.exe" /BUILDER:

As for the airbases. In the INFO folder you will have to edit the airbases.dat with note/wordpad. How best to do this I'm not sure.

Ghostrider
November 20th, 2012, 18:55
And make sure that the "BUILDER" switch is in all caps, just as Allen typed it, otherwise it won't work. Ask me how I know this. :isadizzy:

_486_Col_Wolf
November 21st, 2012, 05:52
It shouldn't be hard. Make a shortcut to your WW1 CFS2. Now go to Properties of said shortcut. In Properties you will see Target: In that box it should read something like this "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\*YOUR CFS2 WWI HERE*\cfs2.exe" after then " add /BUILDER. It should look like this C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\*YOUR CFS2 WWI HERE*\cfs2.exe" /BUILDER:

As for the airbases. In the INFO folder you will have to edit the airbases.dat with note/wordpad. How best to do this I'm not sure.

Allen,

I should have mentioned that I tried that already. But when I hit apply after changing the target it tells me the path is invalid. Does this have something to do with the fact that I just copied and pasted another install instead of doing a CDROM second install?

_486_Col_Wolf
November 21st, 2012, 06:13
OK here's the trick. After ....CFS2.exe" you have to add "space/BUILDER:". The space and ending colon were my mistakes.

Thanks guys!