PDA

View Full Version : ORBX has updated more installers

OleBoy
November 20th, 2012, 04:55
Check your emails and FSS accounts for the updates.
A fresh install of PNW USA/Can.

All settings = maxed out (no subs) One of my repaint projects.
http://img401.imageshack.us/img401/5236/p3d11202012.jpg

Clutch Cargo
November 20th, 2012, 07:50
Nice to hear that. Will have to check out their forums. Any mention on the .dll issue they have when starting P3D? Did they fix that? That's what I have been waiting for.

Phantom88
November 23rd, 2012, 11:56
Beautiful shot!! I like the repaint:salute:

OleBoy
November 23rd, 2012, 17:02
Nice to hear that. Will have to check out their forums. Any mention on the .dll issue they have when starting P3D? Did they fix that? That's what I have been waiting for.

I've not had any .DLL problems. Knock on wood.

Beautiful shot!! I like the repaint:salute:
One of many projects not completed :icon_lol:

Lionheart
November 23rd, 2012, 17:55

Mine do that too, and I am tired of it. For some reason, I started having memory crashes with ORBX so I have gone back to regular scenery so I can fly over 10 min's. I still have to deal with 6 DLL issues though when starting.

Seems like the issue popped up (memory crashes) when I updated all of my airports. They were running fine, and then memory crashes...

Very nice repaint, Ole Boy.

IanHenry
November 23rd, 2012, 22:28
Mine do that too, and I am tired of it. For some reason, I started having memory crashes with ORBX so I have gone back to regular scenery so I can fly over 10 min's. I still have to deal with 6 DLL issues though when starting.

Seems like the issue popped up (memory crashes) when I updated all of my airports. They were running fine, and then memory crashes...

Very nice repaint, Ole Boy.

I found a way to resolve the DLL problem. Open your DLL file with Notepad (make sure that you make a copy first), and look for the areas that are causing a problem. Simply change the line that reads "disabled" from "False" to "True". This worked for me, and I can't see any noticeable difference with the scenery, though I'm sure there must be something.

Regards,
Ian.

Lionheart
November 24th, 2012, 09:06
I found a way to resolve the DLL problem. Open your DLL file with Notepad (make sure that you make a copy first), and look for the areas that are causing a problem. Simply change the line that reads "disabled" from "False" to "True". This worked for me, and I can't see any noticeable difference with the scenery, though I'm sure there must be something.

Regards,
Ian.

Smart thinking! Why didnt I think of this.....?

Off to try it.

Crusader
November 24th, 2012, 12:01
http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum

It worked for me . Can't wait for the rest of the dual installers to come out then I'm going to give FSX the old heave ho !

Rich

Clutch Cargo
November 25th, 2012, 08:15
FYI - Orbx just posted patches for the .dll warning messages. Two types of patches: a Direct or a Linker depending on what type of install you performed. All info is at their site. Good news!

Crusader
November 25th, 2012, 13:22
I have re-downloaded PNW , NRM and CRM which have , from everything I've read , now have direct P3D installers . My question is , do I re-install over my current regions which I migrated over using their Migrator tool for the above regions ? I am anxiously awaiting the direct installers for some of their older airfields . I have KJAC which already had a direct installer . Goal , uninstall FSX and run P3D only .

Rich