PDA

View Full Version : Virus with CapitanSim's Software or a mistake

Flame-Prop
November 18th, 2012, 14:20
I had a friend who claims to have been hit with a Virus from CapitanSim's software planes. When he brought this to their attention they just gave him a $10 refund back due to his computer detecting the installer as a virus this process took 4 months.....This can't be right, CapitanSim is a well known for their excellent add-ons. Was this an anti-virus misfiring? The plane was the 707........is anyone had a similar thing when it comes to the 707? I was thinking of purchasing it, in honor of Qantas's 92 birthday today with their majestic 707 which was a pleasure flying in the 70's in.

Bradburger
November 18th, 2012, 14:45
I have the same problem with AVG 2012 Free detecting my CS Yak 3 update exe as a virus and also the paintkit template. It also flags a couple of Flight 1 installers as viruses too.

The thing is, all these were never picked up by AVG when I originally got these files several years ago, so it would seem the results are a false postive, although when I sent the results to AVG, they came back saying the results were correct! :confused:

Anyway, I just ignore AVG when it's pop ups tell me these files are infected.

Cheers

Paul

UnknownGuest12
November 18th, 2012, 15:50
Bought 707 longtime ago, installed several times, no problem at all with NIS...

kilo delta
November 19th, 2012, 01:05
I've been running Microsoft's Security Essentials for the last couple of years. No issues with any of my CS installers whatsoever. I wouldn't use AVG if they paid me to use it ...due to the number of false positives it puts out, but that's just my opinion. :)

expat
November 19th, 2012, 01:08
I have AVG Free 2011 and the CS 707 and 727 and no problems of this kind at all.

Have just been flying the 707 again and it is one of my very favorite payware aircraft - truly a work of art.

Taco
November 19th, 2012, 04:36
I have had the same problem with getting a virus when I download the Captainsim 707....So I stopped buying anything from them.

bstolle
November 19th, 2012, 04:50
Do you really believe that any company would release a plane with a virus ????
As mentioned before, e.g. the Flight1 false positive is also known since years.

Gdavis101
November 19th, 2012, 12:27
AVG, in my experience, is more trouble than its worth.. It was a great Antivirus 2 or 3 version ago, but their newer versions just seem to get more system intensive and are almost reminiscent of Norton at times with older computers. I switched to AVAST a few years back and have been really happy with their free version and it it doesn't take a hit on my system performance like AVG did. I remember getting the Flight 1 alert from AVG and that was one of the reasons I made the switch to AVAST on my home PC's.

Flame-Prop
November 20th, 2012, 03:15
Good God, I never realized how much times have changed, I just did not think it was much of a hiccup having AVG.....maybe it's time to switch the Avast! ..... Wonder if I'm protected at all.... I wanna take a chance this Christmas and grab the 707, despite I love Piston Pounders to death and in need of slight hardware upgrades two........I mean it sounds crazy :icon_eek:

expat
November 20th, 2012, 04:25
Funny. Had AVG a long time ago, then switched to Avast. Later found that Avast was really slowing down my cpu so switched back to AVG. Some innocent sole here I think as a result of that discussion installed Avast and had to reformat his HDD and lost everything and took days to restore!! Felt very guilty about it all.

Hanimichal
November 20th, 2012, 06:14
http://imageshack.us/a/img29/885/kasmc.th.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/29/kasmc.jpg/)
NO virus or othre malware: CaptainSim: B707, F-18D and CSweapon

Damien
November 20th, 2012, 10:21
I get false positives on milviz aircraft and some flight1 wrappers using Norton 360 6.0 every once in a while. It's just a long known false positive. In all the time I've used the aircraft and had false positives I've ignored, I've never had an incident that's me question the integrity of the company or the publisher.

-Damien

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2