PDA

View Full Version : FSUIPC Problem

IanHenry
November 18th, 2012, 06:24
I was wondering if anyone can help me with a problem that I have. I have both FSX and Prepar3D installed, and I used the ORBX migrate tool so that I could use their scenery in both simulators, but when I run it, it said that my DLL file was corrupted, and did I want to replace it. This I did, but obviously FSUIPC did not work, so I re installed it.

Now I have a situation where FSUIPC works in FSX, but does not in Prepar3D because I have no "add ons" tab in the toolbar. There is however, an entry for it in Prepar3D's DLL file.

Does anyone have any ideas how I might get FSUIPC to run in Prepar3D (I am using the latest version)?

Thanks,
Ian.

Dave Torkington
November 18th, 2012, 06:55
Hi Ian,

If you have no Addons toolbar then your P3D dll.xml is indeed corrupted somehow...

PMDG have a very nice Info / Troubleshooting guide for FSX, but the P3D dll.xml has the same structure:

http://support.precisionmanuals.com/KB/a92/dllxml-information-and-troubleshooting.aspx

Hope this helps,

Dave. :salute:

p.s. Trying to copy / paste sample data from my P3D dll.xml here but struggling!!!<simbase.document type="Launch" version="1,0">
</simbase.document>

IanHenry
November 18th, 2012, 07:55
Many thanks for your reply Dave. It reminded my that I'd made a back up of the DLL file when I installed Prepar3D, so I just used that, which did the trick! I think it's always a good idea to make a back up of that file, because, through experience, I've found the DLL file to be one of the most comman problems with FSX. Thanks again for your help.

Regards,
Ian.

Dave Torkington
November 18th, 2012, 08:52
Glad to be of some assistance Ian, credit to you for making the backup.

Regards, Dave. :salute: