PDA

View Full Version : Where are the Lights in S2F FSX?

FSX68
November 16th, 2012, 16:11
http://eaglerotorcraftsimulations.com/fsx_s2f3.php

I downloaded the new s2f3 from here and at flightsim and I noticed in the ACFT.CFG file that there isn't any (Lights) section. I couldn't get the search light to come on and
thought I'd poke around in the acft.cfg file and low and behold I don't see a (lights) section. I found the A2A shockwave forum that explains how to add shockwave lights
and their direction have you cut and past their changes into the acft.cfg file. Still no search light and yes I flipped that little switch on the co-pilots side near the cockpit.

What is up with the lights on this "Final" edition of the S2F? Did I miss something?

I'm a little confused here.........:blind:

ColoKent
November 16th, 2012, 16:15
I believe if you "look" to the right towards the copilot's window in the VC, you'll find what looks to be a pistol grip type controller against the right side cockpit window...in front of that controller is a toggle switch-- that toggles the right wing searchlight on and off.

Kent

Edit: Oops, Richoday...didn't see your reference to having already tried the toggle...sorry about that...

falcon409
November 16th, 2012, 16:16
With some advanced models (and this may be one of them) the lights are modeled into the aircraft itself, due to such things as folding wings, wing flex and so on. Stationary lights wouldn't work in those cases. . . .if you fold the wings the lights would remain in a position the wings were at in the down and locked position. The fact that there is no light section bears this out.

FSX68
November 16th, 2012, 16:30
I believe if you "look" to the right towards the copilot's window in the VC, you'll find what looks to be a pistol grip type controller against the right side cockpit window...in front of that controller is a toggle switch-- that toggles the right wing searchlight on and off.

Kent

I did (see my original post). No searchlight came on.

FSX68
November 16th, 2012, 16:33
With some advanced models (and this may be one of them) the lights are modeled into the aircraft itself, due to such things as folding wings, wing flex and so on. Stationary lights wouldn't work in those cases. . . .if you fold the wings the lights would remain in a position the wings were at in the down and locked position. The fact that there is no light section bears this out.

So how do you add shockwave lights to this? I did a cut and paste to the Aircraft.cfg and that didn't phase it. No search light either even when I toggled that switch on the co-pilots
side (next to the canopy). I may go back to the FS9 ported version.

falcon409
November 16th, 2012, 16:47
So how do you add shockwave lights to this? I did a cut and paste to the Aircraft.cfg and that didn't phase it. No search light either even when I toggled that switch on the co-pilots
side (next to the canopy). I may go back to the FS9 ported version.
That's just it, if the lights are part of the mdl file, there is no changing them to A2A lights.

Milton Shupe
November 16th, 2012, 18:30
I agree there is no lights section in the cfg but the searchlight works correctly for me here.

FSX68
November 16th, 2012, 18:38
OK,

I think there is one effect file missing from the FSX final version. I downloaded and inspected both FS9 and FSX version esp the effects and noted that the FS9 version HAS a
file called (are you ready for this?).....fx_searchlight.fx and when I added that one effect file then I have a functional searchlight. SO to sum it up....
Borrow from peter to pay paul meaning install the FS9 version to a dummy directory and then pull that searchlight file and add it to the FSX effects folder and there you go.

Still think that there must be a missing shockwave version of this searchlight but I don't know I will have to probe that mystery out.

FSX68
November 17th, 2012, 04:41
I agree there is no lights section in the cfg but the searchlight works correctly for me here.

Milton,

You mean you didn't have to resort to what I did (posted here) to get the searchlight to function? ^^
Hummm....

I had to actually add the searchlight effect file (obtained from the FS9 version) to my FSX effects file in order for it to function.

FSX68
November 17th, 2012, 05:33
That's just it, if the lights are part of the mdl file, there is no changing them to A2A lights.

You are correct, I got a PM from Euroastar stating that he coded the lights as you said. I still have to manually install the searchlight file from the old FS9 version in my FSX effects
to make it work. I just removed reinstalled it this AM and same issues. Oh well. Just some kind of crazy fluke on my end especially if others are not having this issue.

euroastar350
November 17th, 2012, 07:02
I will do a version of the S2F, E1B and any future G7 aircraft to have shockwave lights coded into them for those that prefer to use those lights. I will need a list of each G7 aircraft with the lights that look the best on the aircraft. And I will make sure the S2F3 gets fully updated with everything necessary, seems like the first upload had missing files in the final release.

FSX68
November 17th, 2012, 07:11
I will do a version of the S2F, E1B and any future G7 aircraft to have shockwave lights coded into them for those that prefer to use those lights. I will need a list of each G7 aircraft with the lights that look the best on the aircraft. And I will make sure the S2F3 gets fully updated with everything necessary, seems like the first upload had missing files in the final release.

Ah HA!!! Thanks for picking up on that...I appreciate your efforts and talents on development of this and the other G7's to follow in FSX.

For now I have the final S2f3 installed with the Searchlight effect borrowed from the old FS9 port over version installed (only way it works for me)
Maybe you can distinguish in the filename (I dunno V1.5 or something) so we can keep up with the latest version that you have improved on.

You da man!!!!

:salute:

euroastar350
November 17th, 2012, 07:42
Funny you mention using the effect from the FS9 model as that is where the effect I am using came from in the first place:icon_lol:

FSX68
November 17th, 2012, 07:55
Funny you mention using the effect from the FS9 model as that is where the effect I am using came from in the first place:icon_lol:

Well, what I am saying is, if I use your installer, the searchlight no workee, I have to resort to manually "copy and paste" the searchlight effect from the FS9 version and paste it
to my effects folders otherwise it just don't light up. And when you said you had missing files ^ I assumed that this searchlight effect file was one of them.

falcon409
November 17th, 2012, 08:39
You are correct, I got a PM from Euroastar stating that he coded the lights as you said. I still have to manually install the searchlight file from the old FS9 version in my FSX effects
to make it work. I just removed reinstalled it this AM and same issues. Oh well. Just some kind of crazy fluke on my end especially if others are not having this issue.
Is that effect file possibly installed but not in the correct place? Sometimes installer throw stuff in some desolate spots in FSX and unless you know where that is. . .you'll play hell tryin' to locate it. I don't have those airplanes (not my type really), so I can't get Eurostars installer and try it to see.

"OK", I went ahead and used the Installer. When I loaded the aircraft, the searchlight was already on. . . .looked for the pistol grip on the Co-Pilot side, flicked the switch and the searchlight went out. I can vouch for the fact that the installer (here at SOH) does install correctly.

falcon409
November 17th, 2012, 08:58
One thing that just came to me. . . . .does the installer include that particular effect for sure, or is it an effect that over time most people have just accumulated from other installations and you just happen to not have it? I wouldn't think that would be the case, surely if it requires a specific effect that would be included. . . .just thinking out loud since it worked fine for me without having to manually install.