PDA

View Full Version : BladeSlapSND and Prepar3D

OleBoy
November 15th, 2012, 20:57
I'm hoping someone who flies helicopters in Prepar3D can figure this goodie out. I tried it, although the dsd_fsx_xml_sound file caused P3D to crash. I never did get it to work.
More about it here. http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/showthread.php?73422-Helicopter-Rotor-Slap-Sounds

I've done several repaints for it, so I tested it with the Nemeth AS350. Has anyone else got it working?

Lionheart
November 16th, 2012, 05:36
You might need that gaugesound.DLL in P3 to get it to work. Also, I wonder if you need FSUIPC? I dont know, but just some possible things to try out.

OleBoy
November 16th, 2012, 10:26
Gaugesound.dll is in the root.

When I posted above I was try getting a screen grab of the error so I could post it. Here it is. Any ideas why this is happening?

Shane Strong CYHZ
November 19th, 2012, 14:20
Gaugesound.dll is in the root.

When I posted above I was try getting a screen grab of the error so I could post it. Here it is. Any ideas why this is happening?

any headway with this before I try to install it :)

OleBoy
November 19th, 2012, 16:56
Nothing yet. I downloaded the latest dsd_xml from Doug Dawson's website, and still it's a no go.

n4gix
November 20th, 2012, 08:19
Well, the obvious question must be, do you have that .ini file in the required folder?

OleBoy
November 20th, 2012, 08:33
Hi Bill.
I followed the directions to the letter.

1. Extract / Copy folders into FS

The 2 folders „GAUGES“ and „SOUND“ contained in this package have to be extracted into the
main FS-directory. You can check, that everything went right if you can see a sub-folder
BladeSlapSND inside the Gauges and the Sound-Folder of your Flightsimulator installation. Looks
like follows:
… FSX main direcory … \Sound\BladeSlapSND
… FSX main direcory … \Gauges\BladeSlapSND

2. Edit your Panel.CFG

After installing the files, you have to add a configuration in each Panel.cfg (of the helicopters you
which to add the effect). Add the following 2 lines as described below. The second line depends on
the helicopter-type:
gaugexx=dsd_fsx_xml_sound!Sound, 2,2,2,2,./Sound/BladeSlapSND/Sound-Config.ini
gaugexx=BladeSlapSND!EC135-SLAP, 3,3,3,3

dsd_fsx_xml_sound.gau, and dsd_fsx_xml_sound.ini are both in the Gauges/root folder.
I have also tried both those files in the;
-Gauges/BladeSlapSND
-and Sound/BladeSlapSND folders.