PDA

View Full Version : Beginnings

richw_82
November 13th, 2012, 02:50
Hi all,

The bug has finally bitten and other peoples repaints aren't doing it for me. I need my own!

I've started playing about repainting the Paul Foster/Phoenix Design Shackleton MR2 for FS2004.... mostly because I like flying the beast, and also because I look after the last running Avro Shackleton in the UK. I'm doing fairly well, but I fear this is only going to lead on to redoing the panel and then building a new model (Gmax installed last night..)

What is the etiquette regarding repaints? I have about three or four really good Shackleton schemes in progress that I'd like to share when finished but I'm wary of copyright issues.

Kind regards,

Rich W

RobH
November 16th, 2012, 05:36
What is the etiquette regarding repaints? I have about three or four really good Shackleton schemes in progress that I'd like to share when finished but I'm wary of copyright issues.

Kind regards,

Rich W

Rich,
check the read me file or any other documents that were included with the plane to see if there are any restrictions set by the creator. If there are none, then you should be ok. If you still have concerns, you could always email the original owner asking permission and tell them what your intentions are. Back in the day we used to have to contact the owner and ask permission, now a days, not so much.

As I'm sure you know, when you create your read me that you will include with your paint, it is proper etiquette to say thank you to the creator. If I can remember to, lol, I also try to say something like, "the original textures are by ......." That should have you pretty well covered.

Hope that helps and good luck!

stansdds
November 17th, 2012, 06:31
That's good advice. Always check the legal stuff and always give credit where it is due.

richw_82
November 18th, 2012, 03:43
Thanks chaps, I'm checking the read me out before I go any further.