PDA

View Full Version : How To Launch A 377 & Score 2 Points

FAC257
January 4th, 2009, 07:17
Here's a sequence of pics from the other day departing Funafuti Intl (NGFU), Tuvalu. The airport has a 5052' coral runway with some good sized trees on each end.

Passenger load is light with medium fuel load. I was aiming for the slot between "goal posts" anchored by the one tall tree off the right far corner of the runway in the first pic. Before releasing the brakes I run up the engines until the torque pressure is nearing 190PSI, RPM master lever at 85%, flaps 25 degrees.

The view inside the cockpit and all the gauge parameters on the way out actually looked pretty normal. It's the exterior view that looks a little insane. :)

Marlin
January 4th, 2009, 07:30
Did you damage anything? :caked:

Great shots, it was one of those hold on to your shorts takeoff huh?:rapture:

Scratch
January 4th, 2009, 07:35
Did you make the passengers scream?:jump:

FAC257
January 4th, 2009, 07:55
Actually everone including the crew were dead silent. I made sure everyone had plenty of those funny little island drinks with the umbrellas in 'em before we boarded. :)

Nick C
January 4th, 2009, 08:48
You did better than I did at O'Hare today. The last thing I heard the co-pilot say was "engine heat returned to normal captain". Blithering idiot :whistle:

I guess I can't fly this thing from memory after all!

stansdds
January 4th, 2009, 11:24
At least everyone walked away from the landing.

Pepere
January 4th, 2009, 13:13
I burnt up all four engines on take-off after I had update the B377 not knowing the new setting need to keep the big bird going up - no where to land but a lake! :wave:

David

CodyValkyrie
January 4th, 2009, 13:49
Goaaaaaallllllll!!!!