PDA

View Full Version : my folks best friends cars..Packards.

Daveroo
November 11th, 2012, 14:17
my folks best friends,,ed and shirley,,,,my mother ,Cathy,and Shirley have been best friends since they were in the same class in 5th grade,they are still best friends and all most inseperable 63 years later,and my dad ,Dave,and Ed,fight and argue like two pitbulls in a pit over the silliest things...lol...like ed believes jeep ( willys) was the only company to make a forward cab truck,4x4 or 4x2...they argue over that fact for hours all the time...:icon_eek:

in one of the photos,,the two women,,shirley is the blonde on the left,,cathy ( my mother) on the right,,my dad is the guy with the hat near the 55 Caribbean convertible

the cars:
1937 Packard 180 Straight 8 convertible roadster,
1939 Packard sedan..nothing really specail about this car..but its my favorite,fun to drive,nice ride,good handling,and just looks "right"
1955 Packard Caribbean convertible

he used to have a 1965 Packard 400 hardtop sedan,was green and white,was a 100 point car but he got a great offer on it and sold it.

aircav1970
November 11th, 2012, 14:29
Love the '55 Caribbean Convertible,always wanted one,maybe sometime before I kick the bucket I'll have to have one.....:cool:

SSI01
November 11th, 2012, 14:46
There's a pretty good chance Dad helped build that '55 Packard, he used to work for them right around that time. Their slogan - "Ask the man who owns one."

beana51
November 11th, 2012, 15:23
My Grand Pa was a Funerial Director...in the 30s and untill the 50s...had every Packard limo,hearse,and Flower car in all those years.Caddies and Lincolns replaced them....The 1937 Packard was great. 7 passenger,big seats,with a buffalo robe blanket to keep legs warm.. The Chauffeur was behind a roll up window!..Weddings,Funerals,or family outings....In 1939/1940 Packard had Air Condition,Grand Pa used it as his personnel car also...and riding with him in that car?...Never will forget!

arfyhun
November 12th, 2012, 05:06
Daveroo, it has to be the Roadster for me. Never seen one in G.B. but the picture sells it for me. Ace.

Graham.

Panther_99FS
November 12th, 2012, 08:06
They have some nice wheels there! :jump: