PDA

View Full Version : Col Clarence E "Bud" Anderson

Daveroo
November 11th, 2012, 08:42
ive talked before about having met and befriended Bud,weve had breakfast and lunch at the "Wings" resturant at the auburn airport many times now,i have him on my email list and we "chat" on yahoo once in awhile,he is a great guy,very willing to visit and be friendly,
the point to this post....
the city of Auburn California,Bud was born in a small community nearby,and now lives here in auburn ( a stones throw from my home),the city is honoring him today ..to start he will be the grand marshal of the vetrans parade,then there will be a cerimony to name a city street after him,,"in his honor",then a statue will be presented,they say the real statue is not finished,and no one knows what it is yet,but its supposed to be large,and all bronze..they are presenting a smaller version of it today,then will place the finished one in about 6-8 months from now..

Bomber_12th
November 11th, 2012, 10:46
Thank you for sharing that, Dave! Not only for his service, but his character (just the type of guy he is), he deserves every bit of honor. Unlike another equally well known 357th FG ace, Bud never has seemed to be the sort to carry a chip on his shoulder. It's really great that you have been able to have such a close relationship with him, Dave!

Bud has been friends of the Fagen family, who have the newly opened Fagen Fighters WWII Museum here in Minnesota and has even taken part in a documentary that was filmed at the museum. Outside of the main museum, next to a replica of the 357th FG's Leiston Airfield briefing room "Nissen Hut", there stands a statue of Bud as well.

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y282/Bomber_12th/raiden/599695_396466423742941_1254275158_n.jpg

Daveroo
November 11th, 2012, 13:44
cool...thanks for sharing that

roger-wilco-66
November 11th, 2012, 22:32
Nice tribute to him. I have his autobiography which he hand-signed for me, one of my most precious items in my library.

Cheers,
Mark