PDA

View Full Version : what ever hapened

Ickie
November 11th, 2012, 02:54
What ever hapened to the hype of 12-21-12, :isadizzy: its the end of the world (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z0GFRcFm-aY) day, lol

Rami
November 11th, 2012, 03:09
Ickie,

It served its purpose....it scared some people, fired up the religious zealots, and gave enough press to make a crappy movie out of it. From what I've been seeing in the news recently, a recent American event has already come to symbolize the end of life as we know it, but I'll stop there...lol :icon_lol:

Dev One
November 11th, 2012, 03:53
We have got another 6 weeks to see if its true!

Terry
November 11th, 2012, 03:54
No need for concern!

Dangerousdave26
November 11th, 2012, 04:12
ITS STILL COMING

FULL REPORT ON THE 22nd

:icon_lol:

All kidding aside the Mayan long count calender is no different than their short calenders. They all end on one day and start back with day one the next day. They cycle the same as our calendars.

The Mayans use the calendars to measure time and predict when they would have troubled times like natural disasters and political unrest/war. They never stated that the world would end on a certain date that is an interpretation of the long count calendar by some people.

We can look at the current trend the last few years and see...

Major Earthquakes on land world wide some causing Tsunami's
Nuclear Meltdown in Japan
Hurricanes Hurricanes
Typhoons in the Pacific
Forest fires have burnt all over the world
War and Fighting
Protests
Drought and Floods
Dust bowls or sand storms
Tornadoes
and I bet I left something out

One of the many misconceptions is that the event will happen on the last day of the calendar. That is not the case the events take place at the end of the calendar cycle which means in the last few years not days or hours.

The question is how did they determine that there would be an increase in these natural phenomenon?

Everything related to people we could contribute to a self full fulling prophecy but in order for it to be a self fulfilling prophecy people must know about it before hand.

Its all very interesting to see unfold. It will not be as bad as some predict but for others it will take their life.

The bottom line the next day the world moves on Time will not stop...

Even when this world is no longer inhabitable by man which will happen some day. Time will not stop.

gradyhappyg
November 11th, 2012, 06:37
People who predict earthquakes,floods,wars and man made and natural disasters are always right.
Nothing impressive there.
Just same ole same ole.
As for the those Mayan knuckleheads predicting ability I might have some confidence if only they had predicted what happened to the Mayans.
Seems they kinda missed out big time on that one.
You want to show me predicting and have me believe it and be impressed hand me those lotto numbers heck I'll even share.

T Square
November 11th, 2012, 06:47
If it happens on the 22nd I'm going to find a Mayan somewhere we're going to become Buddies on our way to Vegas, and make a lot of cash:icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_ lol::icon_lol: !!!!!!!!

Matt Wynn
November 11th, 2012, 07:32
interesting reading, and here i was thinking they simply built a giant Oreo to celebrate 100 years of the things.... well i mean they DO look similar.... eerily similar :icon_lol:

Sascha66
November 11th, 2012, 08:33
interesting reading, and here i was thinking they simply built a giant Oreo to celebrate 100 years of the things.... well i mean they DO look similar.... eerily similar :icon_lol:

:bump::bump::bump:

Odie
November 11th, 2012, 10:24
I'm still going with Nostradomus' prediction that the world will stop in 3792; not end, STOP. At any rate, I'll be long gone despite any advances in medical technology. Unless, of course, I'm an immortal
of the Highlander variety....but, then, there's THE GATHERING thing to go through and no-telling how many countless Zombie apocalypses to wade through....Just put on some Prince and party like it's
1999....Y2K - It'll be okay. :mixedsmi:

Toastmaker
November 11th, 2012, 16:10
I think much of this has been discounted as people realized that the Mayans were high most of the time. . .

:running:

stansdds
November 11th, 2012, 16:26
I'm guessing we will know for certain on the 22nd of December. I'm not going out and max out my lines of credit, not that I discount the Mayans, it's just that I don't want to end up owing more than I can ever repay... just in case the 12-21-12 thing turns out to be much ado about nothing.

On the flip side, if the world does come to an end on 12-21-12 I guess we don't have to worry about that pesky national debt thing. :icon_lol:

Skyhawk_310R
November 11th, 2012, 16:51
Never underestimate the desire of some to concoct anything for money. Never underestimate the gullibility of some to pay them for doing it.

All that is required is surrender of integrity among the former and loss of common sense among the latter. The information age merely allows each to connect more frequently and worldwide.

Ken

robert41
November 11th, 2012, 17:13
Be interesting just how the world will come to an end in one day.
Any natural or manmade disaster is not going destroy the whole world. Not in one day.
Maybe the death star will come by and blast us.

stansdds
November 13th, 2012, 02:05
Eventually, the sun will expand and incinerate the earth. Supposed to happen in a few billion years, I think.

Navy Chief
November 13th, 2012, 03:11
Ickie,

It served its purpose....it scared some people, fired up the religious zealots, and gave enough press to make a crappy movie out of it. From what I've been seeing in the news recently, a recent American event has already come to symbolize the end of life as we know it, but I'll stop there...lol :icon_lol:

Ditto....

NC

KellyB
November 13th, 2012, 04:58
Never underestimate the desire of some to concoct anything for money. Never underestimate the gullibility of some to pay them for doing it.

All that is required is surrender of integrity among the former and loss of common sense among the latter. The information age merely allows each to connect more frequently and worldwide.

Ken

Just imagine if P.T. Barnum were alive today!

magoo
November 13th, 2012, 07:32
Oprah says you don't have to stock up on canned peaches or run for the hills. It going to be a period of alignment and enlightenment.

With that, I cleaned out the family car's junk trunk, and had a steering alignment done.

Drives like a new car.

Bring on the Mayans.

Ickie
November 13th, 2012, 15:56
well i am going to find out tonight

http://www.excite.com/tv/prog.jsp?id=EP016315160001&s=201211131900&sid=65732&sn=H2HD&st=201211132000&cn=1243