PDA

View Full Version : orbx USA pacific northwest

Warhawk1130
November 10th, 2012, 18:50
I am frustrated that there are only three links to DL this from, and none give more than 30 KB per second speeds, we are talking DAYS to download it after purchase. Anyone know of faster links to get this? Thanks!

glennc
November 10th, 2012, 19:14
Warhawk,

Where have you tried? I'm assuming you have a descent download speed from other places? What kind of internet connection do you have? Could your ISP have you throttled due to usage? There are some connections that have limits, especially on a WiFi hotspot.

Glenn

Lawman
November 11th, 2012, 01:06
If you're buying it from FSS, their servers might get hammered because a lot of people are trying to download REX Essential +.

Warhawk1130
November 11th, 2012, 03:56
If you're buying it from FSS, their servers might get hammered because a lot of people are trying to download REX Essential +.

Yes from FSS....no other mirrors?

Lawman
November 11th, 2012, 04:14
IIRC, they have 4 mirrors you can choose to download from, but all of them may be slow ATM.

Warhawk1130
November 11th, 2012, 04:40
IIRC? have a link, please? in the meantime, I am pumping the udders LOL.

Lawman
November 11th, 2012, 05:02
When you start a download, you should be presented with a screen that gives you the size of the download file and the MD5-hash. Below that you can choose between three or four download locations.

Edit: I just tried to download Rex Essential Plus from FSS and it is giving me a reasonable download speed (appr. 3-3.5MB/sec ATM, though decreasing).

Edit 2: Now pretty stable @ approx. 2.5MB/sec

Warhawk1130
November 11th, 2012, 05:32
When you start a download, you should be presented with a screen that gives you the size of the download file and the MD5-hash. Below that you can choose between three or four download locations.

Edit: I just tried to download Rex Essential Plus from FSS and it is giving me a reasonable download speed (appr. 3-3.5MB/sec ATM, though decreasing).

Edit 2: Now pretty stable @ approx. 2.5MB/sec

Its up and down...guess i'll just have to be patient and let it run its course....the GB link doesn't work, and the euro one is no bettert than the US one LOL

olderndirt
November 11th, 2012, 08:16
I've ended up getting all my Orbx stuff on CD's. Requires patience and a few extra bucks but eliminates all that download agony.

Warhawk1130
November 11th, 2012, 12:57
I've ended up getting all my Orbx stuff on CD's. Requires patience and a few extra bucks but eliminates all that download agony.

I'll say...waited all morning for it to finish just to find a corrupted download...I give up!

TeaSea
November 11th, 2012, 14:27
War hawk, are you using any type of downloading App such as Internet Download Manager? If not, I'd strongly suggest you do so.