PDA

View Full Version : Is lwdesigns.au website down.

Robert John
November 10th, 2012, 07:21
Hi all,
I have recently been on lwdesigns.au website, but today I cannot.( 10 11 12 )
Is it my computer or is it having maintainance done to it.
RJ

sc7500
November 10th, 2012, 07:40
They typically do their website maintenance at "off hours"....

And, since Oz is 16 - 18 hours ahead of me, I'd say they've shut the doors to sweep the floors.

Be patient - check them in an hour or so. :wiggle:
SC
:kilroy:

sc7500
November 11th, 2012, 06:07
http://forum.lwdesigns.com.au is Still Offline.

Do we have any reports from our Oz Brethren ?

SC
:kilroy:

Collin
November 11th, 2012, 12:40
TR is trying to get in touch with him through his business email, but, no reply as yet.

C :ernae:

Fibber
November 13th, 2012, 09:04
Glad someone else noticed that, so I am not alone. I was starting to think that my computer had gone wonky since I had no power for 8 days and lost it again :pop4:yesterday for awhile.
Btw; nothing today either (11-13-12; 1303 hrs)

PomBee
November 13th, 2012, 13:35
I've sent a couple of emails to Lindsay, but had no reply. Tango was overseeing the site, but I haven't tried it today. Will give it a go later.

Cheers,

PomBee.:ernae:

PomBee
November 13th, 2012, 13:39
Just checked, and no go.

John Pirnie
November 14th, 2012, 18:07
Just checked, and no go.

Has anybody been able to contact him?
JP

Robert John
November 15th, 2012, 11:25
The site is still down.
RJ

UncleTgt
November 15th, 2012, 13:39
This is wierd, I can log onto lwdesigns during the working day (UK time), even managed to post some pics yesterday morning, but evening hours it's a no show. It loading slow during the day, but it does load.

I posted a PM to the admin whilst I was on this morning, maybe I'll get a response...

Nole
November 15th, 2012, 15:57
I talked to TR today and he confirmed that the host server for the lwdesigns site is offline, and that no one has been able to contact Lindsay for over two weeks. Not much information, but there it is for rumor control purposes. :kilroy:

Blood_Hawk23
November 16th, 2012, 12:28
hey all. no word i see. i'll message Tango again. its not like LW to just stop without a word.

till later
John
(aka Polar_Lion)

Nole
November 18th, 2012, 06:59
Talked to TR again last night and this is the gist of the conversation :

He has been able to confirm that Lindsay is alive and well through a third party, though Lindsay has not responded to anyone in the flightsim community. Without having an explanation, the registrar of record for lwdesigns.com.au has confirmed that the host server/site are no longer on the net. It is unknown why Lindsay has taken this action without any explanation or communication, though he has been increasingly absent from the site over the past several months. The mystery remains, but TR and the other moderators, as well as some of the Aussie members have made every effort to communicate with Lindsay, and can only take it that his silence is intentional. Sadly, TR can only conclude that lwdesigns is permanently offline.

Seagull V
November 18th, 2012, 20:39
Hello all

Hopefully LW is okay and well, having said that the Aussie economy is on 2 levels.

The level associated with mining is doing well at the moment (but there will be a downturn at some stage that a lot of people have not counted on - always has been in the past).

The other level outside of mining is doing very poorly, and can have some very severe effects, especially if you are also suffering poor health. There have been a heap of government cutbacks that are affecting a wide range of people.

Please respect LWs work, hopefully he will return at some stage, no doubt I will also return at some stage as well, but have cut down my involvement for quite a few reasons.

Trust and hope everyone is doing well.

Regards, SGV :wavey:

Nole
November 20th, 2012, 02:39
TR reports that because of some recent developments it is possible that the site may be resurrected. That's all very mysterious but it's all he would say. :kilroy:

Talon
November 20th, 2012, 02:41
I just heard from Lindsay's brother.They have been moving around alot and haven't always had an internet connection.The site is expected to be up in maybe 24 hours.

Talon

Talon
November 20th, 2012, 08:48
This is from Lindsay's brother.

Just letting you know that there was a server migration that Lindsay was unaware of and that is why his site has been down. The site NS1 and NS2 have been repointed and the site should be back up again with 24hrs.

Talon

Worthless
November 20th, 2012, 12:36
Thanks for the good news, Talon.

skylane
November 20th, 2012, 23:01
Good news indeed! Thanks for the update!

SgtT
November 21st, 2012, 00:41
Thanks Talon for the update.

T.

Blood_Hawk23
November 21st, 2012, 19:35
TR reports the same so lets hope they get it soon. i have to finish my WWI project.

mav
November 24th, 2012, 00:11
(http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/showthread.php?73330-Is-lwdesigns-au-website-down)lwdesigns.au... is back online!!! :ernae:

PomBee
November 27th, 2012, 14:23
Great news!!

:ernae:

Robert John
November 29th, 2012, 06:43
Great news.