PDA

View Full Version : [FSX] Movie! Over the Rockies!

abyfredde79
November 9th, 2012, 03:03
Hi, sharing my latest fsx movie! Watch in 1080p for best graphic!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=30cF6X96pQQ

Addons used:
FTX NA Blue Usa/Canada Pacific Fjords http://fullterrain.c...duct_napfj.html
PMDG 737-800
REX Essentials + OD
Enb series (i use these enb files (http://www.realenvironmentxtreme.com/forums/index.php?app=core&module=attach&section=attach&attach_id=2098)
Adobe after effects for editing

Thanks for watching!

n4gix
November 9th, 2012, 07:06
Sorry to say, you lost my attention on the first drum beat...

jim1245
November 9th, 2012, 07:45
Stunning in HD. I would like more in focus.. less out of focus fades..

clmooring
November 9th, 2012, 09:42
thanks for sharing. What were the departure and arrival airports.

robertorizzo
November 9th, 2012, 11:50
Sorry to say: boring I couldn't watch at it till the end.
Try again, among all that mess there are some good ideas.

Anneke
November 9th, 2012, 12:11
Wow is this the new way of communicating among flightsimmer hobbyists? Love this impoliteness and bluntness....:blind:

abyfredde79
November 9th, 2012, 12:33
well , thanks for the feedback guys :toilet:, sure helps me to improve my videos... in some way i suppose!

abyfredde79
November 9th, 2012, 12:36
thanks for sharing. What were the departure and arrival airports.

departing from (CYYJ) Viktoria International to (KGEG) Spokane International.

imn2sims
November 9th, 2012, 12:37
Well, I enjoyed it and thanks for sharing. The only little thing I noticed was maybe overuse of the blur effect. Better than I could do for sure!

Steve

abyfredde79
November 9th, 2012, 12:48
Well, I enjoyed it and thanks for sharing. The only little thing I noticed was maybe overuse of the blur effect. Better than I could do for sure!

Steve

thanks for watching, í´ll keep that in mind for upcoming video´s...

Scratch
November 9th, 2012, 13:41
Nice quality in that vid. It showcased the plane and scenery very well and the music used enhanced the overall effect. Nice job! It's apparent you have the talent for videos, please post some more.:applause:

n4gix
November 9th, 2012, 15:23
Wow is this the new way of communicating among flightsimmer hobbyists? Love this impoliteness and bluntness....:blind:
I'm not going to mince words about something I honestly do not like. If I wanted a music video there's tons of 'em around. Airplanes make their own beautiful music...

Turning off the sound to mute the music leaves nothing but a silent film... :mix-smi:

clmooring
November 9th, 2012, 16:43
I'm not going to mince words about something I honestly do not like. If I wanted a music video there's tons of 'em around. Airplanes make their own beautiful music...

Turning off the sound to mute the music leaves nothing but a silent film... :mix-smi:

One option then is to be silent. Another option is a private message.

I personally appreciate any act of creation in the hobby. Especially when it is shared without cost.

Beyond that it was well crafted. The video is an example of why I view this forum. I enjoy aviation, fs and the contributions others make to the fs community.

n4gix
November 10th, 2012, 08:30
One option then is to be silent. Another option is a private message.
In that case, the original poster should surely specify that only positive comments are welcomed...

One of the problems with YouTube's "Like/Dislike" voting is that the person making such a choice rarely leaves a comment on just WHY they chose "Dislike." It may be that it was the presence of the so-called music that prompted the negative vote.

In any case, you are perfectly free to feel however you wish about my comment, just as I reserve the right to make my comments. :ernae:

Obie311
November 10th, 2012, 09:11
thanks for watching, í´ll keep that in mind for upcoming video´s...

Uhh.... if you sincerely want a little feedback.

Plus: very nice camera angles and excellent camera moves (loved the dolly shot across the nose wheel), great high resolution video, wonderful scenery, nice pace to the edits

Minus: hated the continual use of soft dissolve as previously noted by others. (Maybe OK to set up opening and closing shots but very irritating in an otherwise fine presentation). It spoiled the video for me. Sort of the curse of the Digital Age. Over a thousand presets in your effects tools but only five you'd really want to use.

Maybe 4 minutes TRT is a little long for just beauty shots of an aircraft. I know it's tough to cut scenes you worked hard on but maybe ask a friend or two for a second opinion. If you want to run 4 minutes perhaps you'd want to set up a little storyline. I'd have liked to see what the pilots or flight gauges were doing or maybe pax getting drinks or working on their laptops.

Music. I severely disliked the "Casio synthesizer demo" soundtrack but I understand the limitations of using copyrighted music on YouTube.

Thanks again for posting. You obviously have talent. Please post your next effort.

Obie

scott967b
November 10th, 2012, 12:24
I agree that there's a little too much of the fade in/out on every shot, but still nice work.

What do you use to pan/dolly your cameras?

scott s.

PrivateCustard
November 10th, 2012, 14:35
I agree that there's a little too much of the fade in/out on every shot, but still nice work.

What do you use to pan/dolly your cameras?

scott s.

Looks like EZDoK.

As for the video, I have a major gripe. Regardless of how smooth and well coloured/processed it is, there's simply no timing going on. A hell of a lot of people do videos like this and, if you were to mute them all, they'd all look the same. Doesn't matter if the soundtrack is 'sail', some random two steps from hell track, a Hans Zimmer theme, or something mental from Skrillex.....the pacing's always the same.

I'm a stickler for actually using the music to play with the visuals.

abyfredde79
November 11th, 2012, 00:50
In that case, the original poster should surely specify that only positive comments are welcomed...

One of the problems with YouTube's "Like/Dislike" voting is that the person making such a choice rarely leaves a comment on just WHY they chose "Dislike." It may be that it was the presence of the so-called music that prompted the negative vote.

In any case, you are perfectly free to feel however you wish about my comment, just as I reserve the right to make my comments. :ernae:

ok, take is easy guys, i really appreciate all the feedback, good or bad, it helps me to make the next video better than the one before... thats why post them in forums, to get them critically examined... some of the feedback i can do something about, like use of certain transitions, camera angels etc.... some of the feedback not so much... like the use of certain music or sound effects...

thanks!