PDA

View Full Version : Ansco Model 110 Dark Room light

Ickie
November 8th, 2012, 14:29
I own this Ansco Model 110 dark Room Light (Flash ??) and posted it on Craigslist
http://tampa.craigslist.org/pnl/pho/3395468147.html

I will sell it to any of you here at SOH for $20 plus UPS shipping.

I also have a new spare red & white bulb included.

Ickie
November 9th, 2012, 12:59
Does anyone know anything about this box? I sure would like to know something.
All pictures show the white bulb in the always on position, and the red bulb set to the momentary pressure switch, (only on when the button is pushed and held), I do not understand what this will do.
If it was a flash box I think the red is always on and the white on the momentary switch to give a flash??

I was told it was maybe a flash box?, another website refers to it as a:
tower safelight, safe light, darkroom light box.

I cannot find anything useful on google.
There is a clue on label, says "22 1/2 watts" .............. the white bulb is 15 watts and the red bulb is 7.5 watts.

Dangerousdave26
November 10th, 2012, 18:08
Normally how a dark room worked is the amber light is the safe light.

With the safe light on in a dark room you can see to work to develop the film and the light from the bulb will not damage the paper.

The normal white light would expose the paper just like film and ruin it.

What I don't understand is why the box is set up like it is. Why would the amber light be on a momentary open switch and the white light always on? :isadizzy:

The next question would be why do you need the lights in a box at all?

Its certainly beyond my dark room experience.

Ickie
November 15th, 2012, 04:15
this is limited knowledge, but the box was used for making re-prints of old negatives ? one website offers old negs to make yer own using this box, that's why the door is hinged to do 2 sizes, but I am still confused. I use to work in a photo/print shop when I was 17. when the door was locked the white light went off & the red light came on and on the outside of room too.