PDA

View Full Version : Speaking of banks: "Forest Whitaker"

Cazzie
October 4th, 2008, 04:13
Not only does he have my Christian first name (spelled correctly too), but he is one of the best of the black actors out there. Yet look at what of executive of finance had to say about "my man". This is not America talking either, this is Australia.

http://www.blackvoices.com/blogs/2008/10/02/someone-said-forest-whitaker-is-ugly-black-and-unbankable/?icid=100214839x1210917285x1200670326

Caz

jmig
October 4th, 2008, 05:14
I guess no country is free of bigots. Kind of makes me want to go see the movie.

The fellow did get one thing correct, however. Mr. Whitaker is Black. :)

cheezyflier
October 4th, 2008, 06:00
man! what an awesome actor!!! how many of you remember one of his first films, fast times at ridgemont high?
i also really loved him in ghost dog, way of the samurai. the concept seems a little far-fetched when you read it, but it is brilliantly executed. it's a vastly underated film.

Dain Arns
October 4th, 2008, 07:56
He's an outstanding actor. "Last King Of Scotland", was an incredible Oscar worthy performance as Idi Amin. Definitely recommend if you enjoy good acting. :kilroy:

dominique
October 4th, 2008, 08:56
I dont know about ugliness but I aint a top model either anyway :costumes: Ugly but kinda likable. And isn't likability bankable in Hollywood :d ?

Yes he was pretty good in Jarmusch's "Ghost dog : the way of the samurai", Jarmusch can really make the most of a guy like FW...

Jarmusch is indeed himself underrated. "Down by law" and "mystery train" were pretty good movies.

Cazzie
October 4th, 2008, 09:22
I dont know about ugliness but I aint a top model either anyway :costumes: Ugly but kinda likable. And isn't likability bankable in Hollywood :d ?

Yes he was pretty good in Jarmusch's "Ghost dog : the way of the samurai", Jarmusch can really make the most of a guy like FW...

Jarmusch is indeed himself underrated. "Down by law" and "mystery train" were pretty good movies.

How about Tommy Lee Jones? Christ, the man's ugly enough to put scabs on a dog's arse! :d

Caz

dominique
October 4th, 2008, 09:39
The all time ugliest of them all was, I guess, the wonderful Marty Feldman of Young Frankenstein's fame.

One who gives me the willies is Christopher Walken :d...

Daveroo
October 4th, 2008, 10:32
i hope this bites that guy in the ass many times.....comes back and hounts him for many years...nothin wrong with forrest..

Willy
October 4th, 2008, 12:08
Some folks are just ignorant. Or even worse, stupid.

Cazzie
October 4th, 2008, 12:26
i hope this bites that guy in the ass many times.....comes back and hounts him for many years...nothin wrong with forrest..

Please Dave, it's Forest with one 'r'. Up there in the North they spell it Forrest and pronounce it For-rest, down here in the great land of Dixie (Forest is a Southerner too), it's spelled Forest and pronounced Far-est. Not trying to be cheeky, it's the truth. :d

Caz, born Forest Addison Dalton

cheezyflier
October 4th, 2008, 12:49
He's an outstanding actor. "Last King Of Scotland", was an incredible Oscar worthy performance as Idi Amin.

see, i was gonna mention that one, but i was afraid of letting myself go off on a tangent, as i sometimes do...:redf: