PDA

View Full Version : As if the "prequels" were not bad enough...

Rami
October 30th, 2012, 15:27
Good evening,

I have no words for this, but it will certainly be the end of an era: http://xfinity.comcast.net/articles/entertainment/20121030/US.Disney.Lucasfilm/

n4gix
October 30th, 2012, 15:41
Oh, I'm not all that worried about it. Disney does have a habit of doing well with their acquisitions.

Panther_99FS
October 30th, 2012, 15:53
Oh, I'm not all that worried about it. Disney does have a habit of doing well with their acquisitions.

Yep.
Disney did a stunning job with "The Black Hole' & "Tron".....:icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol:

Gdavis101
October 30th, 2012, 16:17
As long as they do not cast Johnny Depp as Jedi Jack Sparrow I am in!

gecko65
October 30th, 2012, 17:54
Twitter feeds with the hashtag "DisneyStarWars."

— When You Wish Upon a Death Star.
— Finding Greedo.
— Song of the Sith.
— Lando and the Tramp.
— Snow White and the Seven Droids.
— The Princess Leia Diaries.
— Emperor Palpatine's New Groove.
— The Wookiee.
— Beauty and the Boba Fett.
— Lilo & Sith.
— The Fox and the Han Solo.
— Droid Story.
— Jabba the Pooh.
— Bambi Wan Kenobi.
— Chitty Chitty Death Star.
— That's So Vader.

Sascha66
October 31st, 2012, 04:23
I thought the prequels were very entertaining:wavey:

Odie
October 31st, 2012, 10:14
As long as they do not cast Johnny Depp as Jedi Jack Sparrow I am in!

They won't go that far, Gdavis, but they will cast THE ROCK, as...well, THE ROCK!

BPbobafett1982
October 31st, 2012, 11:45
At least Leia will be a Disney princess now!

I'm a Star Wars Fanboy, so I hope they do well and not botch the whole thing.

Brian

Rami
October 31st, 2012, 12:05
Lando and the Tramp.

Point of Parliamentary procedure here...isn't Lando already "the tramp?" :icon_lol:

Ferry_vO
October 31st, 2012, 12:40
Seems Disney worked quite fast!:

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a262/Ferror/1alldisneywars.jpg

gecko65
October 31st, 2012, 19:12
Yes, quite fast indeed

Eoraptor1
November 3rd, 2012, 07:00
Everyone knows by now that I'm a deep nerd. My "gang sign" is the Vulcan salute. I also love Star Wars. I love bad Star Wars. I'm not talking about the prequels here, which I thought could have been much better if Papa Jedi had just loosened up on the dialog. I'm talking Star Wars Holiday Special, where Boba Fett was introduced in a cartoon short. If you remember that you are indeed hard core.

I was surprised by this move. I have Lucas on tape saying emphatically he would never give up control of the franchise. I'm now very curious as to what inspired the turnaround. As to what Disney will do with it, I did see on television that Lucas has ceded rough outlines of Episodes 7, 8, and 9. I'm content to wait until 2015. One thing that does irritate me about my people (the nerds) is they're given to flaming films while they're still in pre-production. When the films come out, we'll see what we'll see. I'm kind of 50/50 on Disney output. Some of it I think is really fine, while some things I find rather formulaic. One thing I do know, is if I'm still alive, I'll be on line to see Episode 7.

JAMES

magoo
November 3rd, 2012, 07:53
The film industry is going down the tubes. Lucas is bailing.

Plans to develop an extensive studio complex on the Marin County Grady ranch lands have been canceled after twenty five years of planning and "neighbourly" disagreement. The property's up for sale, maybe has even been bought by now. (There was talk of a low income subsidized development.....lol...)

Nah....he's getting out. He's made his money.

I have to wonder what'll happen to Disney. They seem to be grabbing up companies like mad....but sooner or later a diminishing market will mean they'll downsize or die. The next decade should be very interesting to watch.

Odie
November 3rd, 2012, 12:35
Good point, Magoo. Also the delivery of movies is changing as well. With Netflix, OnDemand, various cloud solutions, I wonder how much longer
the physical DVD will be around.

Gdavis101
November 3rd, 2012, 13:15
That and there is hardly no originality anymore when it comes to new movies, everything is a remake of something that did well years ago. Kind of sad really, but stuff like Star Wars has a lot of potential I think and its something that will draw most of us fans back for another adventure no matter how bad it might be.

Dain Arns
November 3rd, 2012, 13:39
That and there is hardly no originality anymore when it comes to new movies, everything is a remake of something that did well years ago. Kind of sad really, but stuff like Star Wars has a lot of potential I think and its something that will draw most of us fans back for another adventure no matter how bad it might be.

As long as The Mouse doesn't screw with my "Star Wars:The Clone Wars" on Cartoon Network until its finished it's run. :icon_lol:
It's been really developing well over the past few years.
Fourth Season, last year was really good, and this year's Fifth Season has been doing very well so far.
Very Dark. And this Anakin is DARK and not whiny like his cinema counterpart.

Wished they would have left it in the 'Adult Swim' timeblock on Friday nights, instead of Saturday mornings now though.
Smell a merchandising ploy...

Eoraptor1
November 4th, 2012, 07:54

I hear what you're saying, but I also question whether large audiences (where the money is) really want anything too original. Seriously, assuming a film maker could attract funding for such a venture, would people go to see a movie that didn’t follow traditional narrative structure, or where characters they liked were randomly killed off by disease or car accidents - like inlife, or where the bad guy gets away with it? I honestly don’t know. I know I see people howling on YouTube or on nerd forums when their favorite character on Boardwalk Empire, Game of Thrones, or The Walking Dead gets killed off, but that’s television. If you kill off someone like Batman or James Bond onscreen, you’re also killing the franchise, and thus the money.

JAMES