PDA

View Full Version : fsx.cfg - again!

dhasdell
October 29th, 2012, 00:58
Can someone help me with this, please? I have found the fsx.cfg file and edited it as has been suggested elsewhere. However, as soon as the game is run my edits disappear, although others made during a session, such as allowing particular .gau files to be trusted when loading an aircraft for the first time, remain. This even happens with a dummy separation line at the end: //------------------------.

Any suggestions, please?

Phantom88
October 29th, 2012, 01:22
Are you editing your cfg. as a text file? If so you need to save it before you close it under File.

SpaceWeevil
October 29th, 2012, 01:50
I wonder if you're saving it back as a .txt file instead of a .cfg? That would explain the changes that fsx makes being retained and yours not. I'd suggest backing up fsx.cfg (just to be safe) then right click, choose 'Edit' and make your changes, then Save As and select 'all files' instead of 'txt'. Hope it helps.

Sieggie
October 29th, 2012, 04:38
FSX modifies things in the fsx.cfg on the fly. If you go into any of the config menus, it will resave stuff in the fsx.cfg file to conform to the changes in the menu. The most annoying being the texturemap resolution changing back to 1024. Could this be what you are seeing.

Dave

fxsttcb
October 29th, 2012, 04:57
Can someone help me with this, please? I have found the fsx.cfg file and edited it...Are you sure you are editing the "Working" fsx.cfg? The one in the main FSX folder is a default back-up copy and is not in use.
The one FSX actually uses is located at { C:\Users\User Name\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX } ...Don

dhasdell
October 29th, 2012, 08:48
Thank you. The file mentioned in the above reply is the one I was using, but I was dragging onto the desktop to edit as I didn't think it would allow it while in the folder. I've tried again without moving it and it seems to have worked. Thanks for that, but another query is on its way!
:salute: