PDA

View Full Version : New book added to my library

OBIO
October 28th, 2012, 22:42
One night in the grocery store, came across a box of discounted books. Right on top was a book that I had to have. It is by Marcus Brotherton.....or I should say it is edited by Marcus....as all the content is the recorded accounts of members of Easy Company, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne.....you know....Easy Company as in Band Of Brothers and all that jazz. The book is called "We Who Are Alive and Remain: Untold Stories From The Band Of Brothers." The book was priced at $5....could not pass it up. I carry it to the bathroom with me and do my reading on thrown....which is were all good men do their important reading.

If you folks are looking to add a book to your libraries, this would be a great book to find and add to your war collection.

Tim

Jagdflieger
October 29th, 2012, 06:36
Thanks for the tip Obio. I'm always up for a good book.

OBIO
October 29th, 2012, 09:34
Oy Vey....reading my original post, it is clear that my brain had been turned to jello by alien gamma rays or something. I do all my reading on the "thrown"? And that was what I changed my first spelling to after I had typed "throan". Oh my goodness.....I should never post on the internet in such a state of mental dullness. Throan? Thrown? Fear not.....in the light of day and with a refreshened mind, I know that the correct spelling is "throne."

Tim

brad kaste
October 29th, 2012, 10:58
Obio,......I noticed you had used the different spelling for the word 'throne.' However,....I've blown more than my share of brain pharts in my day so I respectfully left it alone. Heck,...it's easy to get one's homonyms mixed up these days!:kilroy:

Ferry_vO
October 29th, 2012, 11:40
Might have to pick that one up too; I already have the books by Ambrose (The original BoB), Dick Winters, Don Malarkey and Babe Heffron & Bill Guarnere.

Odie
October 29th, 2012, 12:09
. I carry it to the bathroom with me and do my reading on thrown....which is were all good men do their important reading.

Tim

Gives new meaning to the phrase, "float a book over to someone...." Thanks for the find! :mixedsmi: