PDA

View Full Version : How many of you here.......

Wittpilot
January 3rd, 2009, 16:50
... have that special place in that secret place underneath the house that typically the wife only uses to do laundry from time to time.... some call it a man-cave, some call it their den, I call it....home away from home...

Worked all day clearing up a portion of the basement for myself.... I recently was bit with the modeling bug and need someplace to set up shop. So I created a little place for myself in the basement... Kicker is, it is an unfinished basement...so... no cable hook ups, no heat, no air, no windows.... and one electrical outlet for the entire basement.... so... being a the keen man I am... I ran extension cords beside the older heating and air ducting in the house from the rooms upstairs...walla... and cable and internet hook ups through another hole in the floor... now I have internet, cable and a few electrical possibilities... it has a lot of work to be done on int... but its nice for now... chekc it out... and post pics of your own 'cave'...

-witt

and sadly, all of my die-cast are really all upstairs still...no room for them down here...

smoores
January 3rd, 2009, 16:52
I turned the garage into a workshop, whenever I need to leave, I go in there and lock the door.:rapture:

Lionheart
January 3rd, 2009, 17:34
Nice man-cave, Witt!

:ernae:

No cellars over here in Phoenix.. arrghh...

Pepere
January 3rd, 2009, 17:51
Will this do: And it's messy too! I have a man cave but not married so I can't upset anyone. Not as much fun :kilroy:

David :typing:

Wittpilot
January 3rd, 2009, 18:04
Great setup there David... I am eventually going to put together something for myself... I've been going through ideas for about a year now... I just don't know if I have the building know-how to make it happen... some day.. some day.....

-witt

Wittpilot
January 3rd, 2009, 19:23
Here's another.. Some self-made art, a model I built some 6 years ago that I still manage to have in one piece..... and another passion of mine.....soccer... and there is a nice little futon down in there too....

Toastmaker
January 4th, 2009, 05:25
Seems like the need for a "man-cave" is practically universal. I've always had one. And, if you're married, it may serve as a rather comfortable dog-house - that is when you've "been bad". . .

Maybe that's why Wittpilot has a futon. . . ?

:typing:

jmig
January 4th, 2009, 05:44
Will this do: And it's messy too! I have a man cave but not married so I can't upset anyone. Not as much fun :kilroy:

David :typing:

David what's the dynamite strapped the the left rear seat leg for? Ejection? :jump:

Nice set up!

I have a workshop in the back yard.

Buddha13
January 4th, 2009, 06:01
Back spre bedroom is my escape point.

Buddha13

Pepere
January 4th, 2009, 06:15
David what's the dynamite strapped the the left rear seat leg for? Ejection? :jump:

Nice set up!

I have a workshop in the back yard.

Buttkicker. Adds vibration. I also have added a sliding door to the rear so it's now completely inclosed. It helps the real as it gets feeling somehow:whistle:

David

rpjkw
January 4th, 2009, 08:02
Front spare bedroom is my lair, though it's hardly secret. PC, books, TV, very comfy chair for reading, futon for reading/snoozing (when our dog's not on it since she doesn't like to share:icon32:). I wish it were more private, though.

Bob

cheezyflier
January 4th, 2009, 10:55
oh, the luxuries that came with bachelorhood! when i wuz one, my whole apt was a man cave:applause:

and i had a nice garage as well! these days....:173go1:

kjb
January 4th, 2009, 12:33
Here's my hideaway...

http://www.users.qwest.net/%7Eburnskevin/GameRm1_1024.jpg

http://www.users.qwest.net/%7Eburnskevin/GameRm2_1024.jpg

Navy Chief
January 4th, 2009, 13:38
Here are two pictures of my setup. The closeup of the simcockpit is only a couple months old. The one of the room with the wall mounted screen was taken 3 years ago. The main changes since then are I have painted the ceiling dark blue, and the room is much more cluttered now. We added two recliners in front of my simpit, so we can watch dvds. I bought cheap ($25) bass shaker speakers, and installed one per chair, hooked to a 75 watt amplifier, and connected to my PC sound card. When an explosion happens on the screen, the chairs let you feel it! My screen image is provided by a BENQ DLP projector, and resolution is 1080 by 720. By today's standards, that isn't the best, but it suits me just fine. The sound system is a cheap Creative brand, but for the room is more than ok. I covered the walls of the room with thin insulation boards, and then bought bedsheets to staple over them.

Pete

Lionheart
January 4th, 2009, 14:15
Dang guys...! Some cool 'man caves'!!!

Pepere, very awesome cabin structure!

'Honey, I decided to get us a cabin!' :d :faint:

Bill

Snuffy
January 4th, 2009, 14:54
Hey Witt,

You might want to reconsider where you got your digs man ...

If you start using that plastic cement and doing any heavy duty painting, all those noxious fumes will be sucked right into that return air vent on your heating and cooling uint and then they'll be spread all through the house.

:)

Being a single guy like I am ... my whole house is a man cave!
Other than that ... some nice stuff here guys! :ernae: