PDA

View Full Version : is anyone interested in driving a miura?

hadhart
October 28th, 2012, 04:00
is anyone interested in driving a miura?74570

Hanimichal
October 28th, 2012, 04:52
I need one with good control and clean VC glass and very VERY fast

jankees
October 28th, 2012, 08:36
I'll take one!

huub vink
October 28th, 2012, 11:05
Only when it is yellow :icon_lol:

Huub

aeronca1
October 29th, 2012, 07:29
Only when it is yellow :icon_lol:

OMG Huub... I've been in 3 major vehicle accidents in my life. All in yellow vehicles. Now, I won't ever cross the street if I see a yellow vehicle approaching. :icon_lol:

napamule
October 29th, 2012, 17:32
I'd like to have a crack at doing the FDEs for this 'Bird' (ie:'.. VERY FAST..'). I already have the FDE's. Just wonder if you're interested at trying out what I have. Let me know. Here is link to 2 sample at YouTube I posted. No tricks. It's all 'real'.
Link1: (70 Pinto): http://youtu.be/ib_OCZHQ7aw
Link2: (F1 Ferrari):http://youtu.be/8cy3Kd-1-wk
Chuck B
Napamule

PutPut
October 29th, 2012, 18:06
I'll go for a red one. (One that says "catch me if you can!")

Best, Paul

hadhart
October 29th, 2012, 19:36
it has VC, and it's Yellow, and it'd be interesting to have fde for something that doesn't fly ;)
may be i'll paint it red, to get away from any accident relating to yellow :icon_lol:

napamule
October 30th, 2012, 13:57
hadhart,
You say: '..fde for something that doesn't fly'. Well it's top speed is 170 Mph, so that's almost flying. The video of Pinto 'flying' was the 'Before' (aircraft.cfg) tweak. The 'After' shows it jamming but not flying (crashing). Max Speed can be tuned to be 170 Mph (145 kts) if you want. I got the FDE (mostly) from Hama's BMW cfg and air, and added my 'touch/mods' specifically for vehicles to both.

If you want to drive vehicles FAST in Sims you will need some 'finger tip' control of controls. 1st is throttle. A joy slider is ackward to use. I use a 10 key pad (USB) with keys maped to throttle (F1,F2,F3,F4), spoiler, view change (top down), parking brake, etc, and sits to left of regular keypad, with right hand will be on joystick for steering (twist grip) and brakes. The spoiler as it's used for braking before going into turn and removed to continue after making turn so I can toggle without look at keyboard. And it happens fast, so no time to 'look' anywhere on curves. Without spoiler you can't make turns as brakes will never be strong enough to slow you down to avoid a crash.

So your 'attitude', or 'outlook', will have to be modified for vehicle driving (my FDEs anyway). Other FDEs allow you to drive 40 kts and that is it and on turn will let you flip and spin endlessly in air. I never have found any OTHER FDEs that work 'seamlessly' with vehicles. Let me know.
Chuck B
Napamule

napamule
November 2nd, 2012, 03:19
Ok. I worked on the FDE for the Lambo, but the model did not let me 'set' the contact points to where the wheels touch the ground. That is a model problem and I can't fix. It now turns (twist grip joy or paddles). I couldn't make a turn (went straight) with the original cfg & air. Not sure why. Cruise is (should be) 70 kts or so. After that the bumps magnify roll noise. Top speed is 199 kts but you will be losing control at that speed. When going on bridges it will 'fall through' (again, a model problem) if over 25 kts. Use spoiler for braking so as to slow down for turns. It has 'floats' (again, model did not let me 'set' the floats) and even if it will not sink, it only skims on water. Maybe next version will be better proportioned (or scaled) to allow wheel clearance under the carraige (ie: undercarriage is dragging, or has parts protruding (not visible) under body-I BELIEVE but don't know for sure). It's a 'WIP' and will 'Stand By' for further tweaks in future version. Cheers.
Chuck B
Napamule

hadhart
November 2nd, 2012, 19:04
ok, that's great, thanks :mixedsmi:

napamule
November 11th, 2012, 00:21
It's been a week since posting of my FDEs for the Miura and just wondering if anyone out there is using/enjoying this Vehicle. I see the model zip had 60 hits. My FDE had several hits. I just need some feedback and wonder if orig modeler is going to make an attempt to improve this one or is going to make a new one (maybe?). Thanks for any comment.
Chuck B
Napamule

hadhart
November 12th, 2012, 22:55
we haven't got any feedback either ;)

Hanimichal
November 14th, 2012, 03:18
Hey!
Really there are a big problem with this model!
Installing only the car i can't turn, but after added the new FDE I lost all control settings in the FSX!!!

hadhart
November 18th, 2012, 01:09
did you use the yoke/stick or the rudder pedals to turn the car?
if you use the stick/yoke, use the rudder pedal to turn

Hanimichal
November 18th, 2012, 05:01
did you use the yoke/stick or the rudder pedals to turn the car?
if you use the stick/yoke, use the rudder pedal to turn

I don't have rudder pedal.
I use Rudder in rotating stick, and it give me just wrist in the front wheel but no turn the car