PDA

View Full Version : more on my scanner radio issue

Daveroo
October 27th, 2012, 11:10
ive gone back and cleaned all the parts of the antena again,all connectors from the antena to the radio.still sqwacking all the time,i changed to a differant power supply and my handheald scanner,,it is doing the same thing,,,NOW then,,,i chat in a general chatroom often ,it uses the java applet,,sun systems?..and when you type a line of text and hit enter,,it "dings"......last night,the scanner was just squelching,,,driving me nuts,,i was locking channels out,turning them back on,ect,,,and it then locked on to 122.700 its a "unicom" channel the KAUN uses...i was getting frustrated,then i noticed everytime i hit the "enter" key on my keyboard,i could hear that "ding" from the scanner speaker,,,,,i played around and i could hear it on MANY differant channels on my scanner..then i hooked the main desktop scanner up,and it did it with it too,,

my keyboard and mouse are both wireless,and i have a wifi thingy,from the wifi modem to my desktop modem is a solid ethernet wire,,,

any ideas of how to isolate or shield the scanner or RG58 cable from picking the interfearance from my pc stuff?

Ickie
October 27th, 2012, 13:19
I had a problem with my neighbors phone and my wireless modem/router, so I changed channels on the modem/router to # 11
do you have wireless modum/router, give it a try.

Daveroo
October 27th, 2012, 16:42
how would i do that ickie? i have no clue how..id like to try it...

Ickie
October 27th, 2012, 17:00
since everyone has a differant one, it would be easier to call your ISP and tell them you want to change your freq and they will walk you through how to and the pasword, it is very simple but i just do not know your password and they do.

Cirrus N210MS
October 27th, 2012, 17:22
No fun

Daveroo
October 27th, 2012, 18:40
since everyone has a differant one, it would be easier to call your ISP and tell them you want to change your freq and they will walk you through how to and the pasword, it is very simple but i just do not know your password and they do.
ok thanks....apprieate it