PDA

View Full Version : AICarriers in P3D?

fsafranek
October 27th, 2012, 11:07
Has anyone successfully used AI Carriers with P3D? I was looking at the manual install instructions and he mentions editing "%APPDATA%\Microsoft\FSX\EXE.XML" but I haven't been able to find the equivalent in P3D. That is what tells FSX to put it in the drop down menus. Hoping there is something similar in P3D.
:ernae:

SkippyBing
October 27th, 2012, 11:21
Yeah, it works fine, the only trick is that for some reason P3D doesn't have an EXE.XML on install. However once you put one in the right place it works fine, I think "%APPDATA%\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D\EXE.XML" should work, although I don't appear to have put it back since I upgraded to 1.4

Alternatively, just double click on the AICarriers.exe once P3D has started and it'll find it anyway.

fsafranek
October 28th, 2012, 14:21
Yeah, it works fine, the only trick is that for some reason P3D doesn't have an EXE.XML on install. However once you put one in the right place it works fine, I think "%APPDATA%\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D\EXE.XML" should work, although I don't appear to have put it back since I upgraded to 1.4

Alternatively, just double click on the AICarriers.exe once P3D has started and it'll find it anyway.
Thanks. Soon after I asked the question I tried just copying over the EXE.XML file from FSX into P3D and that did the trick. The file just tells the program that is reading it where to find the external program so there is no reference to FSX in the file.

Hadn't thought of running AICarriers.exe directly after starting P3D but will give that a try also just to know. Thanks again for the reply.
:ernae: