PDA

View Full Version : Windows 8

rewasiuk
October 27th, 2012, 08:44
A couple of issues which have popped up since my installation of Windows 8, one is Ultimate Traffic 2 in that the software installs OK but the airliners and GA aircraft do not appear at airports. The second is the Just Flight Airbus A320 which also installs OK but when I pick that aircraft to fly, the screen CTDs. I have tried installing the A320 update from Just Flight but to no avail. Other than those two issues, FSX flies very well.

FAC257
October 27th, 2012, 10:12
Try turning off the W8 SmartScreen Filter while you are installing those items that gave you trouble. I would also suggest leaving the filter off at least until after the first time you have FSX up and running with those programs.

You can access the SmartScreen Filter controls through the Windows Control Panel > Action Center.

No guarantee, but worth a shot.

FAC

orionll
October 27th, 2012, 10:54
However, SmartScreen filter shouldn't prevent you from doing something - you can still go to the more info label then click the run anyway button.

FAC257
October 27th, 2012, 11:03
Exactly. I leave it up and running, but just an early hunch is that in some cases it may "confuse" some initialization actions.

Installed so far with zero issues:
FSX w/Acceleration
FSX_SDK w/activated menu items
FSG Mesh
ActiveSky2012
UTX
GEX
FSUIPC
FlyTampa, Tampa, St Marteen, Grenadines
LatinVFR, Key West

Working on the aircraft hanger one by one.

FAC

rewasiuk
October 27th, 2012, 17:17
Firstly, I am going to try turning off the smartscreen filter and hopefully that works. But what I find strange is that other Just Flight aircraft such as DC-3 and Super Constellation have have no problems. But thanks for all of your input it really was much appreciated.

Martyn
October 31st, 2012, 01:32
Thanks for reporting the problem with the A320. We suspect it may be something to do with the FMC used in the aircraft, which would explain why it doesn't occur on the majority of our products (e.g. DC-3).