PDA

View Full Version : Sim Skunk Works F/RF 104G ver. 1.2 is ready!

PLUTO16
October 27th, 2012, 07:56
Hi all, SSW team has uploaded the newest relase for the "G" zipper,the 1.2.0.

http://www.simskunkworks.102virtual.org/

So,what's new?

- Multiplayer oriented models and liveries (28) expansion pack;
- Enhanced DDIS (Dynamic Drag Index System), in other words dropping payload (missiles, rockets,bombs,tanks) will affect both weight and drag thus changing model aerodynamic behaviour;
- New HD textures and a revised model;
- Users feed-back bugs fixed;
- The F-104G is 100% Lockheed-Martin Prepar3D compliant, soon an installer oriented to P3D will be available.

USERS THAT ALREADY HAVE PREVIOUS VERSION WILL FIND DOWNLOAD LINKS ON SSW SUPPORT FORUM!

Cheers,SSW staff.

Barfly
October 27th, 2012, 08:37
Thanks! Download for 1.2 is very slow at the moment...

Tube and Rag
October 27th, 2012, 12:18
I have tried numerous times--to no avail--to register on your website. I have emailed you via the site, again no joy. Have I somehow or another offended you? Otherwise, why do you not wish to deal with me?

smoky942
October 27th, 2012, 13:25
I doubt you've offended anyone. Fact is the server is very slow due to the number of folk downloading. Best to wait till things calm down a bit, that's what I'm doing.

Tube and Rag
October 27th, 2012, 13:45
Thanks Smoky, but I'm talking about a period of two months. You really think they're that busy?

smoky942
October 27th, 2012, 13:55
Oh right..that's different. I bet it's something to do with your email, either not getting through to them, or (more likely) their's not getting through to you. They're a great bunch of guys, and I'll be surprised if Pluto 16 does'nt answer you when he reads this.

Barfly
October 27th, 2012, 14:08
75% downloaded, 12 hours to go, lol. It will be worth it though...

DagR
October 28th, 2012, 01:53
75% downloaded, 12 hours to go, lol. It will be worth it though...

All worth it, great addon with great variety.
Stay away from mentioning b*ndw%dth.

RobM
October 28th, 2012, 08:08
Since I've been trying to get a log on to the SSW Support Forum for almost a month now without success, I'll report a small, well, not really a problem, more of a little boo-boo with the new Weapon Pack 3.8.0.

All the new weapons in the pack are now producing thumbnails with the big blue question mark (= no actual picture available) in the Select Aircraft screen, whereas the old Weapon Pack version 3.5.0 did not do this.

I think I see why this is happening (although honestly, I really don't know much about FSX nuts and bolts).

Both the .cfg files in new and old versions have a "panel= " entry. But whereas the older 3.5.0 had no actual panel folders in the individual weapon pack entries (which I think means automatically no thumbnail will appear in the Select Aircraft screen), the new Weapon Packs 3.8.0 now does add a Panel folder in each of the Weapon entries, and so I guess now does create thumbnails in the Select Aircraft screen But because there's no actual jpeg pictures, there's just the big blue question marks.

I think this is why, but maybe this is only on my install (some kind of corrupted download on my part). Anyway, as said not a biggie, it doesn't seem to effect performance any (although I haven't tried to bomb anything yet, I'm pretty peaceable these days), but it does kind of clutter up the Aircraft Select screen with a bunch of blue question marks.

Just thought I would mention. But I hope this doesn't put anyone off; as a lots of people have already said, this is otherwise a really excellent model, a great looking aircraft with a truly fine feeling and challenging FDE (not just simply a Cessna 172 able to do Mach 1.5), and IMOP well worth the donation.

Thanks - Rob

Pluto12
October 28th, 2012, 08:20
I have tried numerous times--to no avail--to register on your website. I have emailed you via the site, again no joy. Have I somehow or another offended you? Otherwise, why do you not wish to deal with me?

Hi....
Such behaviour from the registration form is strange, the procedure is automatic, and no "Human" makes the registration. I think that, may be, your provider has our "Servers" in the "Black list", so you will never receive an e-mail from us...I don't remember which provider has such behaviour, comcast for sure....I can suggest to try with another e-mail account, or to check the Spam filter :)....
The same doesn't applied for the registration on the forum. Every users, togheter with the mail which contains the reg key, in the same mail get an UserID for the forum. You have to use that UserID to register on the forum. Every other type of UserID is deleted.
Regards
Emanuele

Pluto12
October 28th, 2012, 08:33
Since I've been trying to get a log on to the SSW Support Forum for almost a month now without success, I'll report a small, well, not really a problem, more of a little boo-boo with the new Weapon Pack 3.8.0.

All the new weapons in the pack are now producing thumbnails with the big blue question mark (= no actual picture available) in the Select Aircraft screen, whereas the old Weapon Pack version 3.5.0 did not do this.

I think I see why this is happening (although honestly, I really don't know much about FSX nuts and bolts).

Both the .cfg files in new and old versions have a "panel= " entry. But whereas the older 3.5.0 had no actual panel folders in the individual weapon pack entries (which I think means automatically no thumbnail will appear in the Select Aircraft screen), the new Weapon Packs 3.8.0 now does add a Panel folder in each of the Weapon entries, and so I guess now does create thumbnails in the Select Aircraft screen But because there's no actual jpeg pictures, there's just the big blue question marks.

I think this is why, but maybe this is only on my install (some kind of corrupted download on my part). Anyway, as said not a biggie, it doesn't seem to effect performance any (although I haven't tried to bomb anything yet, I'm pretty peaceable these days), but it does kind of clutter up the Aircraft Select screen with a bunch of blue question marks.

Just thought I would mention. But I hope this doesn't put anyone off; as a lots of people have already said, this is otherwise a really excellent model, a great looking aircraft with a truly fine feeling and challenging FDE (not just simply a Cessna 172 able to do Mach 1.5), and IMOP well worth the donation.

Thanks - Rob

Hi Rob,
the weapon pack is evolving every day. The behaviour you notice is true, we change the managment of the weapons, and for this reason you can see them in the "Select Aircraft Screen". The change was made to optimize the Multi, and Single Player behaviour of the weapons. It is something that we must use to let the weapons work, and fly correctly (the unguided weapons, for the guide we are working on them). Also others Developers Aircrafts show the weapon's thumbnails in the "Aircraft Selection Screen"...Unfortunately sometimes we have to bend our will to the FSX engine...
About the registration at the forum, if you use the UserID we provided you with the reg key (you can find it in the same e-mail), you should register. Try to make again the registration with that UserID and let me know which user ID is (if you want send me a PM), so I can check you request.
Thanks for the appreciations
Regards
Emanuele

JIMJAM
October 28th, 2012, 13:56
It was only just last month I bought and installed the G model. I would almost rather have all my teeth pulled while being audited by the IRS than delete what I have and reinstall this. However thats exactly what I am about to do.:icon_eek:

OOOOOH RAAAHHH !!

PS---- All went well. Guess the initial password/forum log in was the worst of it. I simply downloaded, went to FSX mian directory and used the 2 uninstallers to remove the older version. Installed this ver and never was ask a question, have to email or enter any codes.
I really did not know the 104 very well so I cannot comment on improvement or any radical graphics changes. Still a smooth flying rocket with tiny wings and a killer howl.

flaviossa
October 28th, 2012, 14:59
Hi Rob,
the weapon pack is evolving every day. The behaviour you notice is true, we change the managment of the weapons, and for this reason you can see them in the "Select Aircraft Screen". The change was made to optimize the Multi, and Single Player behaviour of the weapons. It is something that we must use to let the weapons work, and fly correctly (the unguided weapons, for the guide we are working on them). Also others Developers Aircrafts show the weapon's thumbnails in the "Aircraft Selection Screen"...Unfortunately sometimes we have to bend our will to the FSX engine...
Regards
Emanuele

Hello Emanuele,
As described above, the weapon package is evolving, thanks for that! But, i know that for offline mode there is no need of this feature. Itīs only needed for online flying and other developers confirmed that before. My suggestion is that you do what you already did with the main model. I think you should create two separate versions of the weapon package for the people as, like me, donīt fly online and donīt want to (Yes, they exist). So, this weapons at it is now in the aircraft list, is just waste of processing power and it just slow down FS.
I know that SSW staff will consider this in the future :salute:

RobM
October 28th, 2012, 16:20
Hi Rob,
About the registration at the forum, if you use the UserID we provided you with the reg key (you can find it in the same e-mail), you should register. Try to make again the registration with that UserID and let me know which user ID is (if you want send me a PM), so I can check you request.
Thanks for the appreciations
Regards
Emanuele

Thanks for the reply Emanuele, Retried applying for admission to the Support Forum, and this time for sure, Registration activated and I'm in.

As for the (missing) weapon thumbnails in the Aircraft Select screen, that's what I thought, but thought I would ask.

However, although it may not bother other people much, myself I'm not a fan of the big blue question mark in place of an actual thumbnail in the Select Aircraft screen. I know, I know, but it's just me.

I assume (but haven't actually tried yet) that if I generate my own thumbnail and drop it into the texture sub folders in each of the weapon folders, that will be what will show instead. So i'll just do up a single suitable generic thumbnail and try that.

Thanks again - Rob

Akatsuki
October 28th, 2012, 16:35
To get rid of the weapons thumbnails simply add "-" (without the quote) after "panel=" in the aircraft.cfg files of each weapons. Maybe SSW should do it for their next weapon pack release.

Pluto12
October 29th, 2012, 03:39
Hi....
the generic thumbnail can be an easy workaround to replace the "question mark"....
About what said by Josquin, that workaround is useful to prevent the question mark to show in the selection screen, but it has a side effect. With that change all our weapons become useless, you can uninstall it. It is something we cannot change if we want the weapons work correctly in FSX (as example the question mark shows in FSX but not in Prepar3D)
Our weapon pack is useful not only for the Multiplayer, but also for the single palyer....if you remove it, you will never see dropping bombs...rockets and others.....for sure you will see the weapons under aircraft wings, when you load them, but if you drop them you will not see explosions, impacts etc....
For sure we will do our best to improve it...
Regards
Emanuele

seawing
October 30th, 2012, 05:26
Hi Emanuele,

first of all, great aircraft. My father flew it, so now I can take out his old Dash-1 and fly it in the Sim! Great!

So, I just activated the model and since then I can no longer load the tip tanks. All other stores work well, only the tip tanks don't show up. I can not even klick the "tank" and "refuel" spots an the config panel. Have I done something wrong?

Cheers,

Seawing

P.S.: I think I just found the problem - I wasn't aware, that I may not change the aircraft's ATC callsign!!

seawing
October 31st, 2012, 07:41
Ciao Emanulele,

once again, great aircraft. Just back from two test flights. I have one issue, though. The fire extinguisher access panels at the rear of the fuselage seem to open and close whenever the engine is running. Bug or feature??

Seawing

PLUTO16
October 31st, 2012, 08:06
Ciao Emanulele,

once again, great aircraft. Just back from two test flights. I have one issue, though. The fire extinguisher access panels at the rear of the fuselage seem to open and close whenever the engine is running. Bug or feature??

Seawing

Hi,is all normal,when engine is running you can see those 4 panels opening and closing to balance internal and esternal pressure of fuselage/engine. If you look at some real footage of the zipper you can realize yourself this feature,they opens both on ground and airborne.

seawing
October 31st, 2012, 13:04
Ok, wasn't aware about this! Still a lot to learn! Will talk to my old man about it next week ;-)

Seawing

seawing
November 1st, 2012, 13:01
Hi Emanuele,

after a few flight hours in the 104 I have some points, I would like to mention:

- flying the RF-104G, I understand I can use the camera. I switch on the system (the 3 views appear) and arm the camera. Now when I take shots the gun (which the RF didn't have) is firing and I can only take pictures as long as the gun is firing. After the ammo is out I can take no more pictures, even if the indicator reads that some 90 frames would be left in the camera.

- after about 60 - 90 minutes of flying I get a hung-up FSX or even CTD. It happen to me three times in a row now.

- after firing a Kormoran ASM, the pylons disappeared. Bug or feature? They would normally stay with the aircraft, of course.

Well, otherwise, I really love this bird!!!
Keep it up!

Seawing

Pluto12
November 2nd, 2012, 02:01
Hi Emanuele,

after a few flight hours in the 104 I have some points, I would like to mention:

- flying the RF-104G, I understand I can use the camera. I switch on the system (the 3 views appear) and arm the camera. Now when I take shots the gun (which the RF didn't have) is firing and I can only take pictures as long as the gun is firing. After the ammo is out I can take no more pictures, even if the indicator reads that some 90 frames would be left in the camera.

- after about 60 - 90 minutes of flying I get a hung-up FSX or even CTD. It happen to me three times in a row now.

- after firing a Kormoran ASM, the pylons disappeared. Bug or feature? They would normally stay with the aircraft, of course.

Well, otherwise, I really love this bird!!!
Keep it up!

Seawing

Hi Seawing....
I can say that the FSX hung up, or CTD is not due to the model. After 60/90 minutes of flying iothers problems could generate the error (may be the Crash report can help to find out what generates the error)
About the Kormoran Pylons, and the Camera system of the RF we will check them.....
I suggest to register to our forum and to post there the problems you found...it will be usefull for others users and for the others members of the staff (to register you should have the UserID in tha mail with the .reg key...use that UserID to register into the forum)
Regards
Emanuele

seawing
November 2nd, 2012, 05:05
Ok, will do! See you there!

Seawing

seawing
November 7th, 2012, 08:09
Ciao Emanuele,

I have tried to register as instructed, but I have not received a login and password to the forum since. Can you help?

Seawing

Pluto12
November 7th, 2012, 11:11
Ciao Emanuele,

I have tried to register as instructed, but I have not received a login and password to the forum since. Can you help?

Seawing

Hi....
Have you registered to the forum, with the UserID we gave to you? (after the registration that UserID is your username)
Please Try again...and send me your UserID, so I can check the registration. Last week we suffered several attacks on our website and we were busy to solve the problem, and even if the Forum was totally safe, may be your request was lost.
Just a last thing, as we wrote on our website our e-mails have problems with some Providers like comcast and others, we suggesto to make the registration with others...
Thank you
Regards
Emanuele