PDA

View Full Version : Milviz F-86F-30 Sabre - Released

Pages : [1] 2 3

MenendezDiego
October 26th, 2012, 19:08
Milviz is proud to present the latest and greatest, the F-86F-30 Sabrejet!

Buy it, try it, fly it: http://milviz.com/fs/item.php?id=F-86

Manual can be found here: http://www.milviz.com/filesfordownload/Milviz%20F86%20User%20Guide.pdf

Promotional Video:

http://youtu.be/3-rTefDdEIg

Quick Startup Video:

http://youtu.be/fXX71W67Nf4

All the best, Diego

anthony31
October 26th, 2012, 19:13
How disappointing. It requires Acceleration and I don't have that :( . I was looking forward to this too.

Scratch
October 26th, 2012, 19:24
Beer put down, coffee on and downloading. HOT DANG!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for the link, I've been banging on the Buy Now button on the Milviz site for the past 30 minutes and it goes 404 on me.

ColoKent
October 26th, 2012, 19:28
...as I await the completion of the download....HOT DAMN!

Kent

Whitehawk
October 26th, 2012, 19:38
Also downloading! Now, where's my crash helmet lol??

ryanbatc
October 26th, 2012, 19:50
In case anyone needs it, 7-Zip (freeware) will extract .rar files:

http://7-zip.org/

p.s. If someone would post at avsim that would be great! They wouldn't like it if I did hehe.

Scratch
October 26th, 2012, 19:50
Man y'all are serious about turning off all virus protection, I had to totally lower my shields to install this gem.

Whitehawk
October 26th, 2012, 19:56
Man y'all are serious about turning off all virus protection, I had to totally lower my shields to install this gem.
Heh heh yeah, oh well no issues with that! All installed now :jump: first flight has to wait due to family commitments, curses! :icon_lol:

Kiwikat
October 26th, 2012, 20:05
Well shoot, you guys release it while I'm away from home. Guess I'll have something to look forward to come Sunday! :jump:

Hope you guys are successful with this one. It sure looks like a winner! :salute:

RyanJames170
October 26th, 2012, 20:13
Well shoot, you guys release it while I'm away from home. Guess I'll have something to look forward to come Sunday! :jump:

Hope you guys are successful with this one. It sure looks like a winner! :salute:

i agree it sure dose look like a winner, i hope you guys decide to do a Mig at some point,

Ian Warren
October 26th, 2012, 20:32
:cool:86 .. I'm in , Rolling ! :running:<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><input jscode="leoInternalChangeDone()" onclick="if(typeof(jsCall)=='function'){jsCall();}else{setT imeout('jsCall()',500);}" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

oakfloor
October 26th, 2012, 21:29
How disappointing. It requires Acceleration and I don't have that :( . I was looking forward to this too.

You have got to be joking! all this time waiting and you have to have Accelration? this totaly blows when did that requirement happin?:angryfir:

Scratch
October 26th, 2012, 21:32
Gotta respect the flight model, flame outs are no fun at 6000 ft.:gameoff:

Barnes
October 26th, 2012, 21:49
My Golden Retriever woke me up early this saturday - he must have known it was ready to download - good boy

bstolle
October 26th, 2012, 21:54
You have got to be joking! all this time waiting and you have to have Accelration? this totaly blows when did that requirement happin?:angryfir:

Acceleration improves FSX engine physics and other important parts of the flight dynamics. It's essentially another FSX improvement patch with additional features/planes. I don't understand why some people still don't have it

dvj
October 26th, 2012, 22:06
No ground power at all with the quick start. Off to cruise the manual. Stunning visuals, still need to get her powered.

d

MenendezDiego
October 26th, 2012, 22:14
No ground power at all with the quick start. Off to cruise the manual. Stunning visuals, still need to get her powered.

d

I have responded via PM :)

Make sure you are right clicking then left clicking the Battery/Starter switch.

All the best, Diego

oakfloor
October 26th, 2012, 22:24
Acceleration improves FSX engine physics and other important parts of the flight dynamics. It's essentially another FSX improvement patch with additional features/planes. I don't understand why some people still don't have it
Ive read that it can cause problems, and there are few solutions to fix it. Have the bugs been fixed?

skyhawka4m
October 26th, 2012, 22:32
hey oak....I've had Acceleration from day one and have had no issues with it.

Barnes
October 26th, 2012, 22:36
I have not had problems ever with excelleration - whole fsx works better.

Unlike the hassle im going though to download and install this product flight 1 wrapper is causing me problems and just cant get an order approved grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr usually its easy

Now had to reset Norton again

MenendezDiego
October 26th, 2012, 22:38
I have not had problems ever with excelleration - whole fsx works better.

Unlike the hassle im going though to download and install this product flight 1 wrapper is causing me problems and just cant get an order approved grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Now had to reset Norton again

Hey Barnes,

You may have missed this on the product page, but it is an important piece of information.

"NOTICE! FAILURE TO TURN OFF ALL ANTI-VIRUS SOFTWARE BEFORE DOWNLOADING WILL RESULT IN A BAD INSTALL! ALL VIRUS WARNINGS FOR FILES DOWNLOADED OFF THIS PAGE ARE FALSE POSITIVES!!"

All the best, Diego

Barnes
October 26th, 2012, 22:39
yes turned all that off at the start but no luck.

OleBoy
October 26th, 2012, 22:46
I was almost about to commit to the "buy now", and then I realized that all of the schemes shown in the previous thread are not included. Unless I missed something?
I was really looking forward to http://www.warbirdregistry.org/jetregistry/f86registry/images/f86-524959-a.jpg

MenendezDiego
October 26th, 2012, 22:48
I was almost about to commit to the "buy now", and then I realized that all of the schemes shown in the previous thread are not included. Unless I missed something?
I was really looking forward to http://www.warbirdregistry.org/jetregistry/f86registry/images/f86-524959-a.jpg

In total, there are 18 liveries, 6 in this installer.

The remaining 12 will be released shortly.

All the best, Diego

OleBoy
October 26th, 2012, 22:57
Downloading.

Thanks.

Barnes
October 26th, 2012, 22:59
Wow that took a lot of hassle on my pc but it sure is worth it - fantasic product - well done Milviz team

OleBoy
October 26th, 2012, 23:13
Wow that took a lot of hassle on my pc but it sure is worth it - fantasic product - well done Milviz team

Hassle? How, what type of hassles? Downloading, installing or activating?

krazycolin
October 26th, 2012, 23:23
On the subject of acceleration, it has been clearly marked on the webpage since it went up that it is only for acceleration. All of our products are using at least part of that SDK and for good reason.

Thanks

Ian Warren
October 26th, 2012, 23:40
:icon_lol: I no one Kiwi a Wobblyvillian (ex Christchurch) who is really going to hate this ... or me , always stops by regular just to see whats new ... hes off home in the hour or so to buy ... just keeps cursing me :icon_lol: ... love the icing , .. do have a little glitch , full control but the stick is not animated ? ... but that'll get sorted ... this is really the Bees Knees :cool:<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><input jscode="leoInternalChangeDone()" onclick="if(typeof(jsCall)=='function'){jsCall();}else{setT imeout('jsCall()',500);}" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

Scratch
October 26th, 2012, 23:40
DX10 seems to make the exterior canopy reflections go away, it looks fine from the inside and also in DX9. Is there some setting I may have wrong?

krazycolin
October 26th, 2012, 23:45
DX10 is not supported by this, or any of our products. Use at your own risk. If it works, great... if not....

Barnes
October 26th, 2012, 23:48
Its brilliant Cockpit is fantastic.
but i must be missing something in the manual as I just cant get a start.
I think i will have to go out for a while and look at it again with fresh eyes

Scratch
October 26th, 2012, 23:49
No big deal, I haven't found one thing not to like about this bird. Outstanding job!:applause:

bstolle
October 26th, 2012, 23:57
do have a little glitch , full control but the stick is not animated ? ... but that'll get sorted <input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><input id="jsProxy" onclick="if(typeof(jsCall)=='function'){jsCall();}else{setT imeout('jsCall()',500);}" type="hidden" jscode="leoInternalChangeDone()">

Looks like your battery switch is OFF....

krazycolin
October 27th, 2012, 00:24
For those of you who want to check out what's involved...

http://www.milviz.com/filesfordownload/Milviz%20F86%20User%20Guide.pdf

Ian Warren
October 27th, 2012, 01:29
Looks like your battery switch is OFF....
That a negatory on that one , checked and double check , went thru procedure , all control surfaces are animated but in the cockpit it static , and leans to the left , 40 to 50 min test flight trying everything . ... cant complain about the weather and air affects , bouncing around now evening and all home lights off .. impressive :cool: , .... first problem not a biggy .. see what happens over few day of use and maybe others may find the same issue .

IT IS A GOODIE :applause: Great work you guys

<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><input jscode="leoInternalChangeDone()" onclick="if(typeof(jsCall)=='function'){jsCall();}else{setT imeout('jsCall()',500);}" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

bstolle
October 27th, 2012, 01:54
advanced animations checked ? Acceleration installed ? The only items I can think of.

Barnes
October 27th, 2012, 02:15
Got it all working now - fantastic and thank for the great support Milviz

Just seen its for sale at simmarket - wish i had known! would have saved some time.

Barnes
October 27th, 2012, 02:34
Just found the different view points - superb idea to include those, i love the flyby

MudMarine
October 27th, 2012, 02:40
No P3D support, no sale!

Peter SWE
October 27th, 2012, 02:41
How are the switches programmed? Is it possible to fly it from the default key commands or do i need to click the switches with the mouse? Reason for asking is iīm using a simpit that are built around the default key commands to operate the aircraft systems.

bstolle
October 27th, 2012, 02:42
No P3D support, no sale!

??? Quote from the Milviz site: This product requires FSX Acceleration or P3D....Installation into P3D requires that you point to your installation

Ian Warren
October 27th, 2012, 02:43
advanced animations checked ? Acceleration installed ? The only items I can think of.
Advanced A 's Always , Acceleration - never leave home without it , ... i have full control all external wing and control animation , internal all switch's .. rudder pedals , just simply the stick wont move ! ? .. still no real issue , still enjoy it and can preform approach and rough weather flight , .. just a strange , new to me .

<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><input jscode="leoInternalChangeDone()" onclick="if(typeof(jsCall)=='function'){jsCall();}else{setT imeout('jsCall()',500);}" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

MudMarine
October 27th, 2012, 03:30
??? Quote from the Milviz site: This product requires FSX Acceleration or P3D....Installation into P3D requires that you point to your installation

It also says that P3D is NOT supported at this time......"Support for P3D is not supplied at this time." Why should I spend $35 of my hard earned dollars on a something that doesn't support my sim of choice P3D? In my humble opinion; the superior simulation.

Barnes
October 27th, 2012, 03:54
Hi

I would love to buy the skin pack now - is it planned to be available soon?

bstolle
October 27th, 2012, 04:00
Why should I spend $35 of my hard earned dollars on a something that doesn't support my sim of choice P3D?

Maybe because you have a no-questions-asked money back guarantee ?

Roadburner440
October 27th, 2012, 04:17
Good to see people are having fun with the product. As far as the acceleration requirement that is something that we have had in place since the T-38. There are a lot of differences between coding for SP1, and SP2/Accel. I would also like to point out since I am sure most don't get over to our forums that if they would like a forum account you can email me whether you have the product or not. If you do have it please specify though so I may add you to the support forum. Can reach me at Roadburner440 at milviz dot com. Hope everyone is enjoying the bird!

MudMarine
October 27th, 2012, 04:28
Maybe because you have a no-questions-asked money back guarantee ?

I'd rather see support up front first than buy something and when it and if it doesn't work go through the hassle of getting my money back. You make your choices, I make mine. I want to see that the developer cares enough about the product they produce that they support it.

YoYo
October 27th, 2012, 04:56
Hi

I would love to buy the skin pack now - is it planned to be available soon?

I think it will be for free.

About Acceleration - many addons used not only SP1 and 2. Sorry, but I cant imagine how "sourios simmer" havent a Acceleration pack from 2007 :icon_eek: .
Just must have enlargement. Developper gives conditions for good performance of the product, thats all.

krazycolin
October 27th, 2012, 05:04
Concerning P3D and the "lack" of support.... It's not so much that we don't support it... it's HOW can we support it?

Mud, you buy the product, you install it in P3D. If it works (and it does), great. If it doesn't then you can ask and we will more than likely help you being who we are ... or, you can return it.

In the end, we will help you but we can't support a product whose own support system is lacking. (as an example, we had to post several times to get an answer and then the answer was... sorry we can't/won't help you).

FSX has had over 4 years of operation with hundreds of thousands of users adding to that support system... so...

And, finally, there is no hassle about getting your money back. You contact F1 and say... i want my money back. Done. Easy. One email. No questions asked.

Anyway...

griphos
October 27th, 2012, 05:42
Yeah, hard to see how Acceleration and P3D are real issues. Given the money-back guarantee, even my concern about flooding is not an issue. I've downloaded it. I'll check it for flooding, and if it does, I'll return it. Simple. Or I won't, if its as good as it promises. Might make me fly single player more. :-)

As for Acceleration, every addon you put into FSX has more of a chance to bugger it than Acceleration does. Put it in or get left behind. P3D is FSX with an interface change. It's in no real way superior. Might be eventually, but I'm not holding my breath. But since its just FSX in. Different package, then the Sabre will work fine in it. The programs that have problems in P3D are the ones that work outside the original program, like EZDOK or TrackIR or others interfacing through simconnect.

Looking forward to trying her out when I get home.

brettt777
October 27th, 2012, 06:01
Wow, where have I been? I didn't even know this was in the works! What other secret projects do they have waiting in the wings? Can't wait to try this one!

stovall
October 27th, 2012, 06:12
[QUOTE The programs that have problems in P3D are the ones that work outside the original program, like EZDOK or TrackIR or others interfacing through simconnect.
[/QUOTE]

GRIPHOS, you need to check the TrackIR website as they have made TrackIR compatible with Prepar3D. I have used the new software and it works perfectly. You can check the SOH Prepar3D forum for updates for things just like this. Enjoy!

Warhawk1130
October 27th, 2012, 06:22

Because microsoft will not offer it as a digital download....just the basic and deluxe.

n4gix
October 27th, 2012, 06:42
It also says that P3D is NOT supported at this time......"Support for P3D is not supplied at this time." Why should I spend $35 of my hard earned dollars on a something that doesn't support my sim of choice P3D? In my humble opinion; the superior simulation.

First of all, there's no risk at all if you buy through Flight1, since there is an iron-clad thirty day return policy enforced by Flight1.

Secondly, I've tested this throughly in Prepar3D (since I have the Developer's License) and it works perfectly... :applause:

Naruto-kun
October 27th, 2012, 06:45
FWIW FSX Gold(FSX + Accel) is available from several places for only 29.99. Cheaper than most add-ons. I used the Acceleration SimConnect and Gauges libraries in my programming as well as a couple function calls and variables available only in Acceleration. It is way easier to support a product for only Accel than for both. Otherwise I would have to change my code twice, recompile twice, etc etc to make sure everything is working each time a patch or service pack comes out. Nevermind development before release with its hundreds of tweaks and recompilations.

@PeterSWE

Unfortunately due to the level of detail i put into the programming I could not use default key events. They are all custom. If you ask on the Milviz forums ill happily provide you with the list of key events for hardware integration via FSUIPC. It makes use of the evt file thing that FSUIPC provides in the same way the PMDG NGX does(thats what i was told by Pete Dawson. I dont have registered FSUIPC nor do i have a use for it since i can do the same straight with Simconnect). I am toying with the idea of making my own unique hardware integration program that will allow you to link your hardware directly our jet but please do not take that as a promise as the amount of hurdles I have to jump to get DirectInput working between the modules and the GUI config manager is nothing short of insane.

As for P3D, as Bill pointed out above it works fine. I have a P3D license but my internet speed is rather low so I havent had the chance to download it entirely yet. The large files of 3D models, textures, and manuals that have been passing between me and Milviz has taken priority.

n4gix
October 27th, 2012, 07:11
Because microsoft will not offer it as a digital download....just the basic and deluxe.
I know that they did sell it as a downloadable, since I recently help a fellow developer to locate the FSX Acceleration SDK in his extracted installation folder...

...and I've seen it myself listed at the Microsoft Store. I'll be darned if I can find it now though... :mix-smi:

noddy
October 27th, 2012, 07:11
74475 74476

Fantastic job guys, well done. :applause:

noddy
October 27th, 2012, 07:30
74477 74478

bstolle
October 27th, 2012, 07:37
fantastic screenshots, well done! :)

skyhawka4m
October 27th, 2012, 07:46
Loving this plane!!! Anyword on the other skins? Also...kinda bummed that no clean bare metal aircraft was included. Other than that she is awesome!

TeiscoDelRay
October 27th, 2012, 07:55
Nice plane, does it have system failure or damage similar to accusim or aerosoft pby?

MenendezDiego
October 27th, 2012, 07:55
74475 74476

Fantastic job guys, well done. :applause:

This has to be my favorite livery out of them all. One of our testers actually flew to Bitburg to take photos of the real deal!

great screenies.

OleBoy
October 27th, 2012, 07:56
Anyword on the other skins?
Lots of posts in the topic, but it was mentioned earlier they are coming shortly.

Also...kinda bummed that no clean bare metal aircraft was included.
+1. I was expecting a factory fresh layout myself.

Other than that she is awesome!
Awesome model! Though I've yet to "commit" to buy.

Naruto-kun
October 27th, 2012, 08:05
Nice plane, does it have system failure or damage similar to accusim or aerosoft pby?

I considered this but had to drop it for 2 reasons:

1: The J47-GE-27 was a very reliable engine. I have simulated several other things like the special flight control system (normal and alternate. lose your engine and run out of battery power and stick responses disappear), engine icing, and a unique trim system which bypasses the FSX system. Otherwise though there isnt much to fail...

2: The "accusim" feature as you describe it is something i wanted to implement but I require very detailed tables on the airflow/temperature/fuel flow data for the J47 which i simply could not find. If anyone can get these for me I would appreciate it as there are some things I want to experiment with. I am perfectly capable of coding such systems but i refuse to pull the necessary info out of my ass otherwise you guys will get s**t for a model.

noddy
October 27th, 2012, 08:07
One more of the RAF scheme.

noddy
October 27th, 2012, 08:27

Last one for now!

dvj
October 27th, 2012, 08:38
I have responded via PM :)

Make sure you are right clicking then left clicking the Battery/Starter switch.

All the best, Diego

Tried that , no joy.

Reoladed, now have engine power, no GPU that I can tell. No GPU motor sound when checked. But I am flying.

Great flyer, and the sound set is amazing. Blew out the neighbors!

Naruto-kun
October 27th, 2012, 08:47
If GPU sounds not playing or other sounds...

http://www.milviz.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=70&t=2457&p=23016#p23016

MenendezDiego
October 27th, 2012, 08:50
For all support, please use the Milviz Support Forum.

Diego

Naruto-kun
October 27th, 2012, 08:53
Posted that link to send him there ;)

TheGrunt
October 27th, 2012, 08:54
Just bought this baby, unwrapped the pacakge and installed it to P3D. Now, I'm going to make some coffee, load the sim and take Sabre out perhaps in Reno or Las Vegas. I can't wait: screenshots look absolutely magnificent and I think highly of other MilViz products that I own74499

Offtopic: I just wish somebody would remake this sweet combat sim:

flaviossa
October 27th, 2012, 09:41
Very nice. Will buy it for sure November1th when i recieve my pay check. One question: I saw that the plane has FD effects like the buffeting one saw in the video. Does it has side effects with A2A Accufeel or they can live well in the system as i like the effects it does. Thanks :salute:

krazycolin
October 27th, 2012, 09:43
Accufeel may (as previously stated) have issues with this plane. We contacted them but they refused to even consider that contact. Sorry. Not much we can do.

flaviossa
October 27th, 2012, 09:48
Ok, didnīt saw your previous statment on this. Iīll disable accufeel for the plane as it already has itīs on effects. Thanks for the clarification :salute:

MDIvey
October 27th, 2012, 09:53
The screenshots really just dont do it justice. Havent had time to use it yet apart from taking a quick looksy at the Huff. Glad I got it.

Matt

oakfloor
October 27th, 2012, 10:28
http://www.amazon.com/Microsoft-Flight-Simulator-Acceleration-Expansion-Pc/dp/B000U96L54

skyhawka4m
October 27th, 2012, 10:29
how does one make the pilot disappear on the ground?

n4gix
October 27th, 2012, 10:47
how does one make the pilot disappear on the ground?

Open the ACM (Aircraft Container Manager) with Shift-2, open the MISC tab and click on the third option: Pilot...

Wouldn't it have been more faster and efficient to check the manual though? :icon_lol:

ronvking
October 27th, 2012, 10:54
Or tell the pilot there a beer waiting for him at the bar. :icon_lol:

Open the ACM (Aircraft Container Manager) with Shift-2, open the MISC tab and click on the third option: Pilot...

Wouldn't it have been more faster and efficient to check the manual though? :icon_lol:

fleurdelys
October 27th, 2012, 11:20
Not too many jets in my hangars...:kilroy:

This one is a keeper though, and a gorgeous one at that ... :icon29:

Nice work Milviz and Co.

Fleurdelys

cortomalteseit
October 27th, 2012, 11:32
http://imageshack.us/a/img442/7721/fsx2012102719385482.jpg

TheGrunt
October 27th, 2012, 11:43
After quick testing, this is truly one of the best vintage birds. VC is perhaps the best I've seen, looks really authentic and gives nice depth of view: some nice 3D cockpits feel IMO a bit 'flat', but not this one.

Seems to work otherwise flawlessly with Prepar3D, but I get ntdll.dll crash with F86 when exiting Prepar3D. Other addons exit nicely so there is something special about this. Small annoyance and doesn't spoil terrific plane. May of course be just something in my installation that causes conflict with F86, who knows.

Mach3DS
October 27th, 2012, 11:59
A big hand to the Dev team at Milviz for this one! -- The testing phase was organized very well, and I think most users will really enjoy this product! There was alot of research digging and some extremely hard to find info went into getting this bird as authentic as possible. Congrats to Colin and the team. There will be no buyers remorse on this one! :D IMHO it will be one of the "must haves" for the FSX hangar.

Anneke
October 27th, 2012, 12:09
I'd rather see support up front first than buy something and when it and if it doesn't work go through the hassle of getting my money back. You make your choices, I make mine. I want to see that the developer cares enough about the product they produce that they support it.

Jezus, why all the hostality? Why so sour, got dissapointed with life, and now you're picking on a flightsim product? Darn what happened to this world?!

Love the plane, great rendition!

Whitehawk
October 27th, 2012, 12:27
First flight complete, another hour in the logbook. What a blast to fly! Very nicely produced aeroplane, flies, looks and sounds the part! Did encounter canopy icing but found the offending switch soon enough. Probably also the first time (in a non-PMDG aircraft!) that I took the time to run through the performance charts to make sure I could get out of my home plate of NZAR, and it's 1500m (~5000ft) runway.

Congratulations and THANK YOU to the MilViz team for an outstanding product! :applause:

fox18delta
October 27th, 2012, 12:43
Just finished my first hop, no snags, just a beautiful ride:-).
Congratulations to the Milviz team.
"Hawk One" lives just down the road from me, in Gatineau, Quebec, and this Sabre is a beauty in it's own right and a wonderful addition to FSX.
For me it's all about frame rates and flight models.
A-plus for both from me... 32 fps where I like to fly, perfect.
paul

MudMarine
October 27th, 2012, 12:45
Jezus, why all the hostality? Why so sour, got dissapointed with life, and now you're picking on a flightsim product? Darn what happened to this world?!

Love the plane, great rendition!

Hostilitly? Really? You're reading WAY too much into a simple comment.

MudMarine
October 27th, 2012, 12:48
Concerning P3D and the "lack" of support.... It's not so much that we don't support it... it's HOW can we support it?

Mud, you buy the product, you install it in P3D. If it works (and it does), great. If it doesn't then you can ask and we will more than likely help you being who we are ... or, you can return it.

In the end, we will help you but we can't support a product whose own support system is lacking. (as an example, we had to post several times to get an answer and then the answer was... sorry we can't/won't help you).

FSX has had over 4 years of operation with hundreds of thousands of users adding to that support system... so...

And, finally, there is no hassle about getting your money back. You contact F1 and say... i want my money back. Done. Easy. One email. No questions asked.

Anyway...

Good! Then why didn't you say something to the effect in the disclaimer? Or am I expecting too much? My bad? I'm not sorry for refusing to use FSX anymore, I've made my opinion on MS/FSX well know here.

PS I won't buy from F1. That in itself is a hassle in my opinion.

PPS I don't recall using the word or term "lack". I've never had a "lack" of support from Milviz, only good experiences. I

Kiwikat
October 27th, 2012, 13:05
PS I won't buy from F1. That in itself is a hassle in my opinion.

What is a hassle about the Flight1 wrapper? I find it to be one of the more convenient systems. No having to log in to various stores and remember all sorts of passwords. The no questions asked refunds are nice as well.

Roger
October 27th, 2012, 13:08
I now use Dx10 only, but with the money back guarantee I will risk a purchase, probably tomorrow because it does look fabulous! However with the advent of Steve Parson's new shaders for Dx10 and many other fixes, vendors should take note that as FsX is the end of the MS Fsim line, more and more fixes will come along to make FsX/A/Dx10 the norm eventually. P3D will go one step further and become Dx11 compatible with V.2, so anomalies will not be acceptable for vendors with a non-money-back guarantee.

Mach3DS
October 27th, 2012, 13:30
http://i1359.photobucket.com/albums/q782/000rick000/fsx2012-10-2713-47-15-89copy.png

http://i1359.photobucket.com/albums/q782/000rick000/fsx2012-10-2714-01-37-49copy.png

krazycolin
October 27th, 2012, 13:36
And once that happens we will be on the band wagon.

TheGrunt
October 27th, 2012, 13:36
I may have to take back the exit crash with P3D. After writing my post I checked my P3D installation so that I myself haven't fiddled something to a broken state (nothing found), then rebooted the computer and kicked P3D up with default flight in Sabre. When I now exited the sim, everything went normally and no crash was present. I tried this few times in row and everything went smoothly.

I have had my computer on for a couple of days and done some stuff with it, but it is still strange if reboot was needed for some reason. Also, no other aircraft caused a crash when I tested them (I tried three or four payware planes, one of them was MilViz B55 and exit went without errors).

I fly Sabre more tomorrow more so we'll see if more errors occur. If they still jump up, I'll report it to MilViz forum so they can check it out. So far it seems though that this error was on my end.

YoYo
October 27th, 2012, 13:44
Some of pictures:

http://img443.imageshack.us/img443/2840/f86f30sabre4.jpg

http://img138.imageshack.us/img138/9431/f86f30sabre5.jpg

http://img534.imageshack.us/img534/8793/f86f30sabre1.jpg

Daube
October 27th, 2012, 15:16
It's a real beauty !
Made my first flight from Bowerman, just a few minutes, low to high altitude, just to burn some fuel before landing.
Once again, I get quite a big FPS hit with that plane, just like with the Baron and the F-15, and even with the texture_max_load at 1024. However, given the fact that many people told me they didn't have any FPS hit at all with this Sabre, I am now investigating (once more) my various settings to try to spot the cause of the hit.

The Sabre remains enjoyable (a lot) in the not-so-crowded areas, I love it so far :)

http://sapdaube.free.fr/fsx/daube_image1923.jpg

http://sapdaube.free.fr/fsx/daube_image1924.jpg

olderndirt
October 27th, 2012, 16:48
Not even 6pm yet, here in the PNW, and already 95 first day comments. Not too shabby - could be time to polish the plastic.

griphos
October 27th, 2012, 17:04
Those are amazing shots! What incredible graphics this plane has.

CODY
October 27th, 2012, 17:53
Well...A work in progress...

Felixthreeone
October 27th, 2012, 19:13
I am considering this plane...might have to wait though...

JAllen
October 27th, 2012, 21:22
D/L to engine start and not a hitch. Absolutely a work of art and a great flyer. First flight from Sheppard AFB up to 30K and tried a stall recovery. AMAZING!! Took almost 10K back to level flight but then, I took my time with it. :applause:

Barnes
October 27th, 2012, 22:11
I agree - now rate this product as one of the best in hangar and a keeper.

Barnes
October 27th, 2012, 22:13

Great Work Cody - my version of Photoshop wont really work the paintkit so I look forward to that one :salute:

Skyhawk18
October 27th, 2012, 23:00

Excellent work Cody.
I am very glad to see that some are using the paint kit. :salute:

yankeeromeo
October 28th, 2012, 00:27
http://i1359.photobucket.com/albums/q782/000rick000/fsx2012-10-2714-01-37-49copy.png

Waaaahhhhoooooo, Winner of the year , incredible, CONGRATS:salute:

YoYo
October 28th, 2012, 01:07
http://imageshack.us/a/img145/3377/f86f30sabre7.jpg

http://imageshack.us/a/img267/6512/f86f30sabre6.jpg

Nice bird!

andrea6811
October 28th, 2012, 01:08
It's a real beauty !
Made my first flight from Bowerman, just a few minutes, low to high altitude, just to burn some fuel before landing.
Once again, I get quite a big FPS hit with that plane, just like with the Baron and the F-15, and even with the texture_max_load at 1024. However, given the fact that many people told me they didn't have any FPS hit at all with this Sabre, I am now investigating (once more) my various settings to try to spot the cause of the hit.

The Sabre remains enjoyable (a lot) in the not-so-crowded areas, I love it so far :)

Probably the cause of the FPS hit it's the engine smoke effect.

Naruto-kun
October 28th, 2012, 01:26
It's a real beauty !

Damn....Those shots look anything but CG....Too real. Any chance you can send em to me at 1024x768 or higher(same aspect ratio)? I want the top one for my desktop.

Daube
October 28th, 2012, 02:05
Probably the cause of the FPS hit it's the engine smoke effect.
No, it's not the smoke. Actually, the FPS are quite smooth in external view. It's only in the VC. I'm still investigating on that. The amount of people affected by the FPS hit is quite small, so it had to be some incorrect graphic setting or tweak on my side.

Damn....Those shots look anything but CG....Too real. Any chance you can send em to me at 1024x768 or higher(same aspect ratio)? I want the top one for my desktop.
There you go !
http://sapdaube.free.fr/fsx/daube_image1924_big.jpg
http://sapdaube.free.fr/fsx/daube_image1923_big.jpg

Naruto-kun
October 28th, 2012, 02:15
Thanks a bunch :)

Dimus
October 28th, 2012, 02:34
I have started working on this one which I taxi by every time I fly from my club in Tatoi:

The graphics are awesome but the best thing is that they are combined with a fantastic FDE. These both give this plane some real soul!

Fly the guts out of this bird and you will have the time of your life!

andrea6811
October 28th, 2012, 02:42
No, it's not the smoke. Actually, the FPS are quite smooth in external view. It's only in the VC. I'm still investigating on that. The amount of people affected by the FPS hit is quite small, so it had to be some incorrect graphic setting or tweak on my side.

Rgr :)

krazycolin
October 28th, 2012, 03:53
Today, I will be working on a much simplified version of the paint kit so that everyone may use it... Should be done soon...

We, the MV team, would like to thank all of you for all the compliments. They are truly heartwarming...

Thanks,

YoYo
October 28th, 2012, 04:10
Is it possible to turn on gunsight?

Cant find this option.

CODY
October 28th, 2012, 04:25
O-Kay...I think it's is finished...

http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c264/CODY614/F-86%20Paints/910_1.jpg
http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c264/CODY614/F-86%20Paints/910_2.jpg
http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c264/CODY614/F-86%20Paints/910_3.jpg

I'll get the rest of it done if you guys want it?

CODY
October 28th, 2012, 04:44
Excellent work Cody.
I am very glad to see that some are using the paint kit. :salute:

HEHEHE....1.12 Gig in PhotoShop...It is intense! Scrolling and zooming get's interesting...I did take a nap while it was saving some of the final files!:sleep:

Barnes, I'm using CS 8...On the next couple I do I'm going to clean up PSD's and then flatten them...and then paint on them, When the major painting is done I'll transfer it to fresh PSD and save it that way. That will eliminate the huge files while painting.:isadizzy:

Barnes
October 28th, 2012, 04:55
Today, I will be working on a much simplified version of the paint kit so that everyone may use it... Should be done soon...

We, the MV team, would like to thank all of you for all the compliments. They are truly heartwarming...

Thanks,

Thanks Colin - that will be very apprechiated.

krazycolin
October 28th, 2012, 05:00
Is it possible to turn on gunsight?

Cant find this option.

**** :salute::icon_lol:

YoYo
October 28th, 2012, 05:18
**** :salute::icon_lol:

Right, not many time for this (yet, MiG Alley waits) but is possible:

Good to add CS Weapon FSX til the Tack Pack not released. Will try.

Daube
October 28th, 2012, 06:09
My FPS hit is gone :)
I switched from the internal FPS limitation (I have never been so lucky with the other FPS-limitation modules) to the "1/2 refresh rate" technique with the NVidia drivers. Now both the Baron and the Sabre fly smoooooooooooooth !!! :ernae: I haven't tested the F-15 yet.
The GPS unit of the Baron still hits the FPS a bit when I turn it on, but it's fine like that, the FPS go back up after a few seconds.

http://sapdaube.free.fr/fsx/daube_image1928.jpg

http://sapdaube.free.fr/fsx/daube_image1929.jpg

http://sapdaube.free.fr/fsx/daube_image1930.jpg

Kiwikat
October 28th, 2012, 06:37
I will be painting this one as soon as I get back home and can purchase the plane. Andy Nott was nice enough to make it for me for the Alphasim Sabre years ago, but I know a lot more about photoshop now. Will be nice to have her back in the sim again.

http://www.airport-data.com/images/aircraft/large/515/515635.jpg

Naruto-kun
October 28th, 2012, 06:45
My FPS hit is gone :)
I switched from the internal FPS limitation (I have never been so lucky with the other FPS-limitation modules) to the "1/2 refresh rate" technique with the NVidia drivers. Now both the Baron and the Sabre fly smoooooooooooooth !!! :ernae: I haven't tested the F-15 yet.
The GPS unit of the Baron still hits the FPS a bit when I turn it on, but it's fine like that, the FPS go back up after a few seconds.

http://sapdaube.free.fr/fsx/daube_image1928.jpg

http://sapdaube.free.fr/fsx/daube_image1929.jpg

http://sapdaube.free.fr/fsx/daube_image1930.jpg

Damn....your sim looks waaay better than mine. FWIW though on FSX tweaks....The frame limiter in Nvidia Inspector or Nvidia drivers is the best i have seen so far. To further reduce the load on the sim, instead of running at unlimited i set it to 40-60 fps and limit it to 30 with Nvidia. Works like a charm.

Daube
October 28th, 2012, 07:04
Really ? Then I will give that a try too. Thanks for the advise :)
Concerning the quality of my shots, it's mainly due to two parameters:
- the Antialiasing is disabled in the sim (DX9), and forced in NVidia Inspector to 8xS
- I'm using the ENB bloom package available from the REX forums, the one nammed SUNLIGHT. The picture are always a bit too dark, though, but the overall colors are quite nice.

OleBoy
October 28th, 2012, 07:11
For those on the fence that have considered this one, have a look at these shots the team has on Facebook. The damn thing is so realistic, it's like your there.

*Note: Look on the bottom, "view larger", then right click, select "view image", then left click for full resolution.**
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=404681832909531&set=a.404681186242929.97841.184784678232582&type=1&theater

Simply, and utterly amazing levels of detail.
I am SO going to fall off the fence.

In fact, I just did.:ernae:

To the developing team, I would still like to have a "Factory Fresh" scheme as a base layer on the paint templates.

Shot taken in Prepar3D

FSN
October 28th, 2012, 07:34
It is a work of art eh. I may have to pick this one up. Just watched the promo video for it on thier FB page...thank you for adding in the sounds of the aircraft in the video. So disapointing to see all these nice videos out for aircraft but they always leave out the sound of it. A shame really.

Glad to see this one has some audio in it from in game.

Aircanuck
October 28th, 2012, 09:18
.... having a senior moment here gang !!

purchased the F86 .... very nice indeed, install went well but I'm encountering some issues with the startup process.

Start up is via the manual,but it wants to cycle on its own during the ignition process and not ignite ?

Could someone pls tell me how you register on the Milviz Forum ...... not my day !!

Thank you inadvance

krazycolin
October 28th, 2012, 09:52
Page one in the manual tells you how to register

Roger
October 28th, 2012, 11:27
Bought, downloaded and flown in FsX/A and Dx10. After at first having the missing canopy issue I found that after my next flight it was there in all it's glory. Funny how Dx10 seems to learn that some texture it doesn't like at first, will reappear in a subsequent load.
Got to get to the bottom of the manual (and print off some pages) before going any distance!
Great job guys...oh and I like the sound pack too.

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y203/rogera/mf86-1.jpg

PRB
October 28th, 2012, 11:35
Some of the screen shots in this thread are hard to distinguish from real photos. The glass reflections from outside the ship have a lot to do with it, I think. I may have to get this one after all...

- Paul

olderndirt
October 28th, 2012, 11:45
Must be one of the very few who hasn't successfully downloaded this. First my 'G-Data' protection, with all functions OFF, would not let it slide through. Uninstalled that and installed a free 'Avast'. Shut that down but it too said infected file. What now?

Aircanuck
October 28th, 2012, 11:46
....quick note,

Don't know if this was the main issue causing my engine start problem but I did have the Section 8 Sabre loaded as an addon including the Milviz Sabre file...... ???

Have deleted the Section 8 Sabre and my start up problem has disappeared.

Cheers for now

n4gix
October 28th, 2012, 11:50
Must be one of the very few who hasn't successfully downloaded this. First my 'G-Data' protection, with all functions OFF, would not let it slide through. Uninstalled that and installed a free 'Avast'. Shut that down but it too said infected file. What now?
Ignore the "false warning." This is a very well-known and widely discussed issue with ALL protection programs for which none of them seem the least bit inclined to fix!

DaveWG
October 28th, 2012, 12:25
Downloaded and installed without any problems. Only had time for one very quick flight, but it looks, sounds and flies superbly.

Well done to all involved, the bar has just been raised again.:applause:

jojohnson9
October 28th, 2012, 12:46
Can't get logged into MilViz forum, so I'll ask here. I can't get the landing lights or NAV lighting to operate. I get panel lights fine. I have read the manual and set the switches as indicated. I know I am missing something, but be damned of I can figure it out. Help??

Roadburner440
October 28th, 2012, 12:54
Can't get logged into MilViz forum, so I'll ask here. I can't get the landing lights or NAV lighting to operate. I get panel lights fine. I have read the manual and set the switches as indicated. I know I am missing something, but be damned of I can figure it out. Help??

If you are having troubles logging in to the forum email me at Roadburner440 at milviz dot com and I will get it all taken care of for you. If you do not already have a log in name please let me know the one you want to use so I can get you set fully set up in the shortest amount of time. I can also reset your password, and take care of anything else relating to the forum.

mbmorgan
October 28th, 2012, 12:57

Hi John ... to access the MilViz forums, all you'll need to do is send an email request to roadburner440 at milviz dot com. Those folks are extremely responsive and I'm sure you'll get the answer you need quickly.

EDIT: Rats ... I told you they're responsive ... Roadburner440 responded before I could type my reply ...

olderndirt
October 28th, 2012, 13:07
Ignore the "false warning." This is a very well-known and widely discussed issue with ALL protection programs for which none of them seem the least bit inclined to fix!SUCCESS!

jojohnson9
October 28th, 2012, 13:16
roadburner440 responded faster than a speeding bullet, or F-86.....
Okay, I'm old and had two senior moments. Used the wrong login for the forum and missed one little itty bitty instruction in the "quick start" procedures. I didn't turn the battery on after hitting the starter position as clearly indicated in the manual. Am I too old to "fly" this thing?
Anyway, I really love this plane. I flew my old AlphaSim F-86F for a long time and it was good...but a very primitive looking VC. MilViz has done a fantastic job.

Roadburner440
October 28th, 2012, 13:23
It is no problem. By chance do you have access to the F-86 support forum already? Good to see that you got your other issues sorted though. Always a few bumps when flying new planes, but once you get the hang it is smooth sailing (or flying) from there on out.

dvj
October 28th, 2012, 14:12
http://img203.imageshack.us/img203/1041/f86dux.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/203/f86dux.jpg/)

JIMJAM
October 28th, 2012, 14:17
Very smooth docile aircraft with no real bad habits.I did get sloppy on one landing and allowed my speed to creep a little low.Do not get behind the power curve on this one and expect to pour on the coals to get you out of it.
High decent rate,dirtied up and low airspeed = you better be ready to land.

I have never been one to look at any external view for long much less zoom in and stare at the details. But I gotta say the panel detailing, markings, wording,weathering,fluids ect are incredible.
And even on my aging I7 Vista 64 machine the fps stays locked at 25 and fluid.
Great job!

jojohnson9
October 28th, 2012, 15:15
It is no problem. By chance do you have access to the F-86 support forum already? Good to see that you got your other issues sorted though. Always a few bumps when flying new planes, but once you get the hang it is smooth sailing (or flying) from there on out.
Yes, the F-86 is there.

wiltzei
October 28th, 2012, 15:31
Do not get behind the power curve on this one and expect to pour on the coals to get you out of it.
High decent rate,dirtied up and low airspeed = you better be ready to land.
She can be a bit handful, but some character is always nice. :dApproach with boards out with at approx 80-85% power on glideslope at 150 knots. Upon crossing the threshold, smoothly reduce throttle for a touchdown at 120-130 knots.

MenendezDiego
October 28th, 2012, 16:51
To all our proud customers, we offer this banner:

http://www.milviz.com/filesfordownload/F-86_Banner_customer650.jpg

Regards, Diego

JIMJAM
October 28th, 2012, 17:16
In the last 2 years I went from being a hardcore bush pilot where places like Lukla and St Barts were considered generous, big time into old WW2 warbirds and now I am heavy into cold war early jets. I would LOVE to see more emphasis on early jets. We do not need anymore P51s,Spits or 109s.

After flying the A2a and Realairs for sometime now anything less bores me. Recently Ive been flying the 104 Starfighter which has a notorious rep of being unforgiving. Imo Milviz has now gained a place the upper tier of addons with this release.
Great FM,incredible detailing,weathered pit just like I like em........ Bring on some more early jets and I will eagerly move my home base back at Edwards.:cost1:

ColoKent
October 28th, 2012, 17:35
...JIMJAM's comments as well-- A2A and MILVIZ are defining "cutting edge". Great job guys....get us that repaint pack!

Thanks!!!

Kent

Kiwikat
October 28th, 2012, 18:07
Flying her now with a friend on gamespy.

I've got to say this is easily your best release yet. Thanks a ton for making this thing as nice as it is. It really deserved to be done well. :salute:

Back to the flight!

krazycolin
October 28th, 2012, 18:13
Thanks. It is not our intent to rest on our laurels... We will be moving on the P-38, F-15C and the 737.... as well as the others...

Again, everyone, the major thanks for this one have to go to the great team that's behind MV. Thanks people!

ColoKent
October 28th, 2012, 18:41
OH MY GOD that will be great!

K

skyhawka4m
October 28th, 2012, 18:58
Thanks for the banner!

MenendezDiego
October 28th, 2012, 19:38
Anyone try a gear up landing yet?

strykerpsg
October 28th, 2012, 19:53
http://img203.imageshack.us/img203/1041/f86dux.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/203/f86dux.jpg/)

Oh my gosh! I had to look at this one a few moments to realize it's not real! Fantastic shot and great job Colin and crew.

hammer353
October 28th, 2012, 20:21
Thanks for another great add-on. Now all we need is a Fury and a Mig.

Mike

JAllen
October 28th, 2012, 20:22

...and tear up my brand new jet!!! Are you crazy!! :icon_eek:

skyhawka4m
October 28th, 2012, 20:31
did my own baremetal....love this plane...next will be a scheme.....going looking for my info....

full size image:
https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-snc6/664806_4388842412357_461702848_o.jpg

strykerpsg
October 28th, 2012, 21:38
Whats the chance of doing a D variant? Wasn't that the one with the retractable rocket pack and RADAR?

Jafo
October 28th, 2012, 22:45
Still needs a CAC 27 version....you know...the 'real' Sabre....;)

ColoKent
October 28th, 2012, 22:45
...would love a D/K/L...but I also know there is almost no commonality between the D/K/L and earlier (A, E, and F) variants. Hey--Milviz has two votes with you and me....

Kent

As for the CAC version...it too has only about 40% of the original NAA fuselage commonality, so it seems like a new model. I know it's "unpure", but I bet a few RAAF schemes will emerge on this model anyway...one thing I wish we had on this baby are the early Sidewinder rails/Sidewinders just inboard of the tanks...but overall, I'm THRILLED with this baby...

skyhawka4m
October 28th, 2012, 22:58
F-86H!!! One of the most colorful variants!!!

ColoKent
October 28th, 2012, 23:08
....with an -H, either...basically, ALL Sabres are cool...

Kent

Dimus
October 29th, 2012, 00:07
An inspiring video for anyone wishing to test the 86 by doing this airshow routine:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LH-oEwptjk4&feature=related

jankees
October 29th, 2012, 03:35
very nice, but how do I restart after a flameout?
Also, switching textures shuts down my engine, is that correct and can it be remedied?

http://i722.photobucket.com/albums/ww230/jcblom60/Belgie/ss2155.jpg

http://i722.photobucket.com/albums/ww230/jcblom60/Belgie/ss2150.jpg

http://i722.photobucket.com/albums/ww230/jcblom60/Belgie/ss2152.jpg

Dimus
October 29th, 2012, 03:46
Check page 24 of the manual for inflight engine start procedure.

If that does not work you can belly land (page 23).

fleurdelys
October 29th, 2012, 04:02

You mean like "voluntarily"...:kilroy:

And risk putting dings and scratches on the paint job of my brand new Sabre... :icon_lol:

I want to go on record right now that I like my planes to have a generaly used look, not misused... :kilroy:

Love your Sabre ... :medals:

Naruto-kun
October 29th, 2012, 04:16
Take one of the paints you dont use that often and try it :P

bstolle
October 29th, 2012, 04:17
IF you belly land off-airport, you need to really slow her down! Don't try to land her flat and fast, the slower the better. Try touching down with the tailpipe making contact first e.g. at least a 10deg nose up attitude is recommended.

fxsttcb
October 29th, 2012, 04:51
Thanks. It is not our intent to rest on our laurels... We will be moving on the P-38, F-15C and the 737.... as well as the others...Hey Colin! How about an FJ-4 Fury? You guys already have most of what it should take.
One in the category(as in awesome) of your F-86, would... Oh... my... Come on funny feeling... :icon_lol: ...Don

hschuit
October 29th, 2012, 05:49
Hey Colin! How about an FJ-4 Fury? You guys already have most of what it should take.
One in the category(as in awesome) of your F-86, would... Oh... my... Come on funny feeling... :icon_lol: ...Don

Vertigo Studios has plans for an FJ-4.

bstolle
October 29th, 2012, 06:36
The only really and very interesting next 'version' of the F-86 I'd LOVE to see would its final stage of development.....F-100

Mach3DS
October 29th, 2012, 06:55
The only really and very interesting next 'version' of the F-86 I'd LOVE to see would its final stage of development.....F-100

I second that! from what I've read/watched about the -100, it was a handful to fly until you got used to her. I've seen some horrific crash video's of F-100's crashing on runway due to too high AoA in flare and then trying to go around with full power...would love to try this beast from the safety of my chair! :D

yankeeromeo
October 29th, 2012, 09:02
yes, agree too, the F-100 is needed as well, in fact, as all the Century Series, 100, 101, 102, 104, 105 106...:jump::cost1:
Cheers.

Naruto-kun
October 29th, 2012, 09:12
Easy guys or you will overload the Milviz coders :icon_lol:

bstolle
October 29th, 2012, 09:30
Nah, just put the F-xx, the F-xxx, the T-xxx etc. onto back burner ;)

Roadburner440
October 29th, 2012, 09:33
Wow ALL the century series fighters. :icon_lol: I love jets but that is a tall order even for us I think.

Naruto-kun
October 29th, 2012, 09:42
Nah, just put the F-xx, the F-xxx, the T-xxx etc. onto back burner ;)

Hell no they been backburnered too long already. It was only me sense of priorities that kept me from being distracted completely by the F-15C while i was working on the baby-six.

jankees
October 29th, 2012, 09:53
work in progress..

http://i722.photobucket.com/albums/ww230/jcblom60/Belgie/ss2179.jpg

http://i722.photobucket.com/albums/ww230/jcblom60/Belgie/ss2180.jpg

http://i722.photobucket.com/albums/ww230/jcblom60/Belgie/ss2181.jpg

http://i722.photobucket.com/albums/ww230/jcblom60/Belgie/ss2182.jpg

snow_white
October 29th, 2012, 10:46
work in progress..

http://i722.photobucket.com/albums/ww230/jcblom60/Belgie/ss2179.jpg

you are my hero..!! cant wait for this

now al I further need is one for 85 AFS (Advanced Flying School) camo version, stationed at Air Force Base Pietersburg South Africa

Ian Warren
October 29th, 2012, 13:02
EEEEeeeK:eek:Give JK five minutes with a newbie and hes in with a grin :icon_lol:<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><input jscode="leoInternalChangeDone()" onclick="if(typeof(jsCall)=='function'){jsCall();}else{setT imeout('jsCall()',500);}" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

jocko417
October 29th, 2012, 13:30
Hey Colin! How about an FJ-4 Fury? You guys already have most of what it should take.

Or... Why not stick closer to home (just down the street)...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v621/jocko417/fsx2012-10-2917-12-12-38.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v621/jocko417/fsx2012-10-2917-10-24-98.jpg

Even better, put some slats on it and throw in a real engine et voila, Mk.6...

P.S. Mk.5 above is W.I.P, not even close to being finished, still lots of stuff to be done including new bump maps. Any body found the seam where the right side of the windscreen meets the nose? Found the left one but can't find the right side, bit of a gap in the anti-glare paint as it is now (see 2nd pic)

Thanks for this amazing aircraft, looks stunning in game and put me down for the 'BIG' paint kit too if you decide to release it. :salute:

noddy
October 29th, 2012, 14:21
Playing around with a shot.

Sundog
October 29th, 2012, 15:13
An F-86 I would love to see modeled is the variant that was tearing up Tomcats at the first few Topguns, the F-86H. Of course, I would love the Hog for all of it's wonderful 50's and 60's paint schemes as well.

doublecool
October 29th, 2012, 15:14
I got mine Saturday morning...took her up for a quik flight before work, after work the whole weekend...My wife even wanted to fly her, and she did

Your best release to date Milviz... and thats darn good :salute: Team Outstanding
Sounds
Smoke
Outside
Inside
Lighting
Flight Model
THE JET ITSELF

What a complete package...BRILLIANT :wavey:You guys have really done the old girl Proud

Thank you 7463874637

Aircanuck
October 29th, 2012, 15:54
Or... Why not stick closer to home (just down the street)...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v621/jocko417/fsx2012-10-2917-10-24-98.jpg

Even better, put some slats on it and throw in a real engine et voila, Mk.6...

P.S. Mk.5 above is W.I.P, not even close to being finished, still lots of stuff to be done including new bump maps. Any body found the seam where the right side of the windscreen meets the nose? Found the left one but can't find the right side, bit of a gap in the anti-glare paint as it is now (see 2nd pic)

Thanks for this amazing aircraft, looks stunning in game and put me down for the 'BIG' paint kit too if you decide to release it. :salute:

..... awesome,take your time !!

"can't wait"

Montie
October 29th, 2012, 16:10
This is my new favorit jet! Great work Milviz :salute:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v73/Montie/FSX/f86sabre.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v73/Montie/FSX/f86sabre2.jpg

JAllen
October 29th, 2012, 17:23
Thanks. It is not our intent to rest on our laurels... We will be moving on the P-38, F-15C and the 737.... as well as the others...

Colin! A P-38!!! Done up to the F-86 standard is a dream come true! I fly the Lightnings a helluva lot, and I have them all.

Jafo
October 29th, 2012, 17:44
Still needs a CAC 27 version....you know...the 'real' Sabre....;)

What I mean.....CAC CA-27 Avon Sabre Mk.32 ..... RAAF

http://www.ausairpower.net/HISTORICAL-RAAF/CAC-CA-27-Avon-Sabre-Mk.32-A94-983-Wolf-Cocklin-5.jpg

Ian Warren
October 29th, 2012, 18:57
:icon_lol:Biggest Grinnest:icon_lol: OK JAFO , now we do i get that paint from ...... :wavey:<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><input jscode="leoInternalChangeDone()" onclick="if(typeof(jsCall)=='function'){jsCall();}else{setT imeout('jsCall()',500);}" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

jeansy
October 29th, 2012, 20:49

Sorry Jafo I asked a while back during the development, it wont be on the cards

skyhawka4m
October 29th, 2012, 21:02
Is there any chance that MILVIz might consider making a long range model of the -30. It would have the late larger style fuel tanks and then the current style tanks on the inboard pylons? Also, maybe a model with the MISAWA style fuel tanks?

Kiwikat
October 29th, 2012, 21:29
Is there any chance that MILVIz might consider making a long range model of the -30. It would have the late larger style fuel tanks and then the current style tanks on the inboard pylons? Also, maybe a model with the MISAWA style fuel tanks?

Geez, as if she didn't take enough runway as it is. The takeoff roll really is limiting. I wasn't even able to get her off the ground at Jackson Hole without going through trees at the end. 6300 feet isn't exactly short either.

skyblazer3
October 29th, 2012, 21:32
I've been flying a lot of cross country flights with the Sabre, day and night, and really enjoying it. It's refreshing to navigate via dead-reckoning in a jet, calculating high-altitude winds, true airspeeds, and then flying steep-penetrations with a coffee-grinder ADF.

I love this jet because I can do everything I want to do in an F-86.

I spent last week at the reunion of an F-86 and F-100 squadron (the Big 22, Bitburg, Germany) in Las Vegas -- those pilots are in their 80s and 90s now, but I was able to relate to many of their stories of flying the Sabre from this addon -- that was pretty neat.

Chris

Naruto-kun
October 29th, 2012, 21:55
That 4 tank config was hardly used since it really turns the Sabre into a brick snail...You MAY have gotten away with it if i didnt implement dynamic drag ;)

StormILM
October 29th, 2012, 22:22
Geez, as if she didn't take enough runway as it is. The takeoff roll really is limiting. I wasn't even able to get her off the ground at Jackson Hole without going through trees at the end. 6300 feet isn't exactly short either.

At that altitude density and runway length, you would have needed to lighten up down to at least 15,000lbs to make 50ft obstacle clearance and then make the climb profile/gradient. The hard-wing, flaps, and gear & tank drag make the AoA & climb envelope tighter. I tested the Sable at 8300ft AMSL running different weights and at weight I needed a good bit of that 12,467ft runway to get airborne and make the climb. In testing, we really beat the hell out of the FDE with Bernt. I can honestly say that this is probably the most well thought out/worked on FDE I've ever tested and used in MSFS.

YoYo
October 29th, 2012, 22:58
Id like to say something about one thing - GREAT new flyby view done by Milviz team.

This is the best flyby view as I saw in all sims ever. I suppose to add this as default flyby view.
Very good job with this, looks like picture from spotter camera! Well done :applause:.

Now i used only two view - vc for sure and this new as external. Two favorites views.

yankeeromeo
October 29th, 2012, 23:48

This is a sober Sabre repaint, CONGRATS.
Cheers.

DaveQ
October 30th, 2012, 01:41

http://www.ausairpower.net/HISTORICAL-RAAF/CAC-CA-27-Avon-Sabre-Mk.32-A94-983-Wolf-Cocklin-5.jpg

Great screenie Jafo.....!!!:cool:

DaveQ

DaveQ
October 30th, 2012, 02:02
Got this Saturday. After some 'challenges' with the wrapper and Norton 360, all is great. Thanks for a wonderful add-on guys. The VC really does re-define the standard.

As regards the exteriors I do have some issues though. First, I prefer that FSX/P3D does the metal shading otherwise the model looks fabulous but from only a limited number of angles. Second, I spent yesterday re-writing the stencils just on the left fuselage, because the font (IMHO) is not the right one (not that any of the free ones are entirely correct I would concede). These are very minor issues though and I can correct them to my tastes; I notice that Jock0417 has done a great job of addressing them in his WIP CL-13 repaint as well - that's one of my to-do's too btw!

Great work Milviz - like others, looking forward to more early jets to this standard!

Regards

DaveQ

Jafo
October 30th, 2012, 03:14
:icon_lol:Biggest Grinnest:icon_lol: OK JAFO , now we do i get that paint from ...... :wavey:<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><input id="jsProxy" onclick="if(typeof(jsCall)=='function'){jsCall();}else{setT imeout('jsCall()',500);}" type="hidden" jscode="leoInternalChangeDone()">
That's not a 'paint'...that's a real one...;)

Jafo
October 30th, 2012, 03:17
Sorry Jafo I asked a while back during the development, it wont be on the cards
Drat.....but one can hope....;)
It'd really be a lot of effort.....the airframe was extensively modded to get an Avon in it....wasn't just the cannon config...;)

Daube
October 30th, 2012, 03:37
We've been discussing, on another forum, about the shape of the canopy. It seems it's a bit large when looking at the plane in front view. What do you guys think ?

krazycolin
October 30th, 2012, 04:39
It will be very easy to find images that are the same and images that are too wide and images that don't match up at all. Cameras are all different and so are the "problems" inherent in using that type of visual as a reference for exactitude. This is why we used drawings rather than pics for the general overall shape.

Daube
October 30th, 2012, 05:49
Yes, it might be a camera effect, indeed. :)

Naruto-kun
October 30th, 2012, 06:00
Also if i recall correctly, the canopy varied quite a bit between different variants.

jankees
October 30th, 2012, 06:10
my two paints are now on Ozx, while I wait for acceleration. I just had my first successful emergency landing, without flaps...interesting..

http://i722.photobucket.com/albums/ww230/jcblom60/Belgie/ss2198.jpg

fleurdelys
October 30th, 2012, 06:36
In reference to Jankees WIP shots of the two repaints that are now available for download, I noticed in one of the shots that there is a smoketrail...

As I could not find it on the original plane, I have to surmise that it has been added afterwards by JK (as I did).

Or, is there an included smoke trail effect that I might have missed, somehow, and how is it put to use ?

Is there one that could be added that would work automatically when the engine reaches a certain speed ? Mine has to be activated with the "L" key.

The effect that I'm using is a bit coarse, while JK's is a bit on the light side...

Is there one available that could be suggested which would fall in between ?

Thanks for your input,

Fleurdelys

skyhawka4m
October 30th, 2012, 07:25
I actually have a smoke trail from the original....while on the light side....I have been trying to use another one but can't figure out where to make the change in the smoke system. I want a bit heavier smoke trail.

dvj
October 30th, 2012, 07:33
In reference to Jankees WIP shots of the two repaints that are now available for download, I noticed in one of the shots that there is a smoketrail...

As I could not find it on the original plane, I have to surmise that it has been added afterwards by JK (as I did).

Or, is there an included smoke trail effect that I might have missed, somehow, and how is it put to use ?

Is there one that could be added that would work automatically when the engine reaches a certain speed ? Mine has to be activated with the "L" key.

The effect that I'm using is a bit coarse, while JK's is a bit on the light side...

Is there one available that could be suggested which would fall in between ?

Thanks for your input,

Fleurdelys

The smoke effect is included with the sim and looks quite natural. I've not needed to activate it with the "L" key. Seems to be automatic. I have smoke during engine idol. Interesting how people are having completely different experiences.

yankeeromeo
October 30th, 2012, 07:34

Thanks a lot Jankees and :applause:
Cheers.

RyanJames170
October 30th, 2012, 07:35

one needs one of these engines http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Avro_Canada_Orenda a Orenda 14, a tad lighter and more thrust

OleBoy
October 30th, 2012, 07:36
I actually have a smoke trail from the original....while on the light side....I have been trying to use another one but can't figure out where to make the change in the smoke system. I want a bit heavier smoke trail.

**Deleted**
See what Bill mentions below.

My personal opinion of course.
I think the external sounds could be a bit better after watching this video. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O0XLmZNuYBo
Here's a nice start-up. When the plane rolls out is where I feel that part of the sound (on the model sound set) could be a bit better. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FFk9JAvVxcA&feature=related

Not meaning to imply I am not happy with the model. This thing is a GAS to fly!! I love the heat blur effects.

n4gix
October 30th, 2012, 07:40

The engine smoke is included in the released product. They are built into the model, and are controlled via embedded XML script conditions. There are six files that're triggered in cascade, based on both engine running and increasing N2% values.

The effect filenames are:

ZusatzT_38_Gas_50_N1.fx
-through-
ZusatzT_38_Gas_100_N1.fx

The "color" used is as black as black can get:
Color Start=0, 0, 0, 1
Color End=0, 0, 0, 0

For those who don't know already, 0,0,0 is pure black, and 255,255,255 is pure white. :kilroy:

In short, if you wish to try a different "smoke effect" you will have to use the filenames cited above.

Do NOT use the "L" key for anything at all.

n4gix
October 30th, 2012, 07:44
I believe you would edit the aircraft.cfg (see below) to a different effect file.

[SMOKESYSTEM]
smoke.1 = -9.90, 0.0, 2.20, MilViz_F86_EngFire
smoke.2 = -10.00, 0.0, 2.20, MilViz_F86_EngFire

Nope! Those are just the orangish "fire in the can" effects...

See my previous post for details on the fully automatic smoke system.

OleBoy
October 30th, 2012, 08:00
Nope! Those are just the orangish "fire in the can" effects...

See my previous post for details on the fully automatic smoke system.

My apology, Bill. I did not see your previous post.
Thanks for clearing the air waves.

fleurdelys
October 30th, 2012, 08:02
The engine smoke is included in the released product. They are built into the model, and are controlled via embedded XML script conditions. There are six files that're triggered in cascade, based on both engine running and increasing N2% values.

The effect filenames are:

ZusatzT_38_Gas_50_N1.fx
-through-
ZusatzT_38_Gas_100_N1.fx

The "color" used is as black as black can get:
Color Start=0, 0, 0, 1
Color End=0, 0, 0, 0

For those who don't know already, 0,0,0 is pure black, and 255,255,255 is pure white. :kilroy:

In short, if you wish to try a different "smoke effect" you will have to use the filenames cited above.

Do NOT use the "L" key for anything at all.

Thank you Bill ... :icon29:

I will remove my "placebo" and get back to the original fx files and work from there.

Cheers,

Fleurdelys

Daube
October 30th, 2012, 08:17
I confirm I get engine smoke with the original install without any modifications.
For the takeoff, I don't get any problems. Without external tanks, I could make my first test flight from Bowerman. My internal tanks were somewhere around 50% I guess...

Akatsuki
October 30th, 2012, 08:50
Fantastic aircraft ! Well done guys ! :applause:

n4gix
October 30th, 2012, 09:41
Thank you Bill ... :icon29:

I will remove my "placebo" and get back to the original fx files and work from there.
No problem. If you do manage somehow to get a denser, darker smoke effect, please share them with me: n4gix@comcast.net

I only had so much time to work on these, since my main task was the actual model files themselves. :ernae:

Cuco
October 30th, 2012, 10:57
http://i722.photobucket.com/albums/ww230/jcblom60/Belgie/ss2198.jpg

http://i722.photobucket.com/albums/ww230/jcblom60/Belgie/ss2152.jpg[/QUOTE]

Thank you Jankees, much appreciated. Keep'em coming.

Cuco,
San Juan, PR

MenendezDiego
October 30th, 2012, 12:04
As requested, here are the paint kits:

1) Very simple and basic, yet mostly correct version. (no groups or anything that will prevent it from being in non-adobe software).

http://www.milviz.com/filesfordownload/Sabre_low_paint_kit.zip

2) High-rez version. It's complex and difficult to use, but it has the most control.

http://www.milviz.com/filesfordownload/Sabre_super_Paint_kit.rar

Regards, Diego

YoYo
October 30th, 2012, 12:43
Next addon? Could be nice ;)....

Especially for TacPac and Multi.

http://th04.deviantart.net/fs70/PRE/f/2011/033/3/e/mig_alley___v1_by_bazze-d38mudq.jpg

http://th01.deviantart.net/fs70/PRE/f/2011/048/c/f/mig_alley___v2_by_bazze-d38oucq.jpg

@Jankees
Thx for this repiant but on the Ozx You have info "This folder contains a repaint for the Carenado Milviz F-86, in the colors of #51-2762 "Elsie"...
Carenado? ;)

snow_white
October 30th, 2012, 13:33
oopsie...!

noddy
October 30th, 2012, 14:03

n4gix
October 30th, 2012, 14:35
Sweet!

OleBoy
October 30th, 2012, 15:36
As requested, here are the paint kits:

Regards, Diego

Thank you.

VCN-1
October 30th, 2012, 15:46
What was wrong with the original released paint kit?

VCN-1

krazycolin
October 30th, 2012, 16:00
The original paint kit was and remains fine. But, for the purposes of it being a paint kit, we had dumbed it down a bit. But we also so that some people were finding it hard to use so... we made two... we put out the original super high quality, everything in paint kit that was used to actually do the base paint and another one that has, I think, 5 layers that can be used by just about anyone... (with the caveat being that although it will look good, it won't have the control or quality of the higher end ones...)

there ya go...

jocko417
October 30th, 2012, 16:16
DL'ing super paint kit now, thanks!

Sabre 23273 of the Central Flying School, over RCAF Station Trenton, Ontario, circa late fifties.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v621/jocko417/fsx2012-10-3019-26-40-54.jpg

The 1063 on the nose is the build number as applied by Canadair.

fleurdelys
October 30th, 2012, 17:36
No problem. If you do manage somehow to get a denser, darker smoke effect, please share them with me: n4gix@comcast.net

I only had so much time to work on these, since my main task was the actual model files themselves. :ernae:

Hi Bill,

I just emailed my suggestions to you ...

Let me know if you like

Fleurdelys

Aircanuck
October 30th, 2012, 18:47
I am finding the Mil viz support forum a little difficult to use.Can someone tell me if there is a solution to the Flt Sim crashing to one's desktop when finished taking this beauty for a ride .......it won't let me swap out for another plane without shutting down.

Thanks inadvance for some direction.

Aircanuck

ryanbatc
October 30th, 2012, 19:46
Go to the section for "Completed Milviz Projects."

Then there will be an F86 section

hammer353
October 30th, 2012, 20:02
Can some one please do a repaint of John Glenn's bird "Mig Mad Marine"

Thanks in advance
Mike

Aircanuck
October 30th, 2012, 20:15
I see the F86 "Support Forum" has reappeared and Roadrunner is suggesting someone play with the Config file. Not keen on goin there ... me thinks this issue is getting the attention it needs.

Think I will remain in a holding pattern and wait for further details.

jeansy
October 31st, 2012, 00:22
I am finding the Mil viz support forum a little difficult to use.Can someone tell me if there is a solution to the Flt Sim crashing to one's desktop when finished taking this beauty for a ride .......it won't let me swap out for another plane without shutting down.

Yes changing aircraft mid flight will shut your engines down, like most new releases that have advance coding ie PMDG, Cerasim & A2A the engines will shut down when swapping models. Its a trade off for abilities of the aircraft, sadly there is nothing you can do about that

I see the F86 "Support Forum" has reappeared and Roadrunner is suggesting someone play with the Config file. Not keen on goin there ... me thinks this issue is getting the attention it needs.

What config change are you worried about? the "HIGHMEMFIX=1" entry? its one of the more nessesary fixes for your fsx.cfg these days, not only does milviz recommend it, but many developers and tweaking sources do as well including many members here.

MenendezDiego
October 31st, 2012, 00:46
Yes changing aircraft mid flight will shut your engines down, like most new releases that have advance coding ie PMDG, Cerasim & A2A the engines will shut down when swapping models. Its a trade off for abilities of the aircraft, sadly there is nothing you can do about that

I believe this also occurs because in order for the code to work properly, the aircraft must always loads Cold and Dark.

Regards, Diego

Naruto-kun
October 31st, 2012, 00:53
No there is a way around it. I posted it but in order to keep support in the proper place please go to the Milviz forums.

snow_white
October 31st, 2012, 02:55

Thanks inadvance for some direction.

Aircanuck

Same thing here.. Guess I will need to move over to the dark side.

snow_white
October 31st, 2012, 03:01

Think I will remain in a holding pattern and wait for further details.

Cant seem to find the post for this. any pointers. Is this the milviz forum at milviz.com or the avsim milviz forum

Naruto-kun
October 31st, 2012, 03:24
There are 2 F-86 forums. The general forum and the support forum. I think you have to email Roadburner to get access to the latter.

jeansy
October 31st, 2012, 03:27
Cant seem to find the post for this. any pointers. Is this the milviz forum at milviz.com or the avsim milviz forum

http://www.milviz.com/forum/index.php

is the best place to get help but you need to read this before trying to post http://www.milviz.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=1086 otherwise you may find your self running around in circles

krazycolin
October 31st, 2012, 03:38
1) page one of the manual says pretty clearly how to get access to the forums.

2) you must provide proof of purchase to get support

3) it's pretty easy to find the topics if you are registered. If not, not so much

4). You do not need to have a purchase to register. Contact roadburner440@milviz.com and he will hook you up

jeansy
October 31st, 2012, 03:58
http://aussiex.org/forum/uploads/gallery/album_139/gallery_11700_139_547472.png

Aircanuck
October 31st, 2012, 06:47

What config change are you worried about? the "HIGHMEMFIX=1" entry? its one of the more nessesary fixes for your fsx.cfg these days, not only does milviz recommend it, but many developers and tweaking sources do as well including many members here.

Appreciate all the feed back ,what I mean't by changing aircraft is the following ... when I'm ready to swap out one jet for another I hit the escape button and then hit the "end flight" tab and this is where the flt sim ctd.It refuses to take me back to the aircraft menu screen. I get the "fatal error meassage" from Microsoft and it ask's me if I want to reboot .Having the engine shut down as part of the process is not a concern.

If the above fix "HIGHMEMFIX=1 works where in the config file do I insert this line ?

Cheers for now.

Naruto-kun
October 31st, 2012, 06:50
I have some doubts as to whether or not its the HIGHMEMFIX thing. But i can only answer your questions in the Milviz forums.

Aircanuck
October 31st, 2012, 07:20
.... just an observation re Milviz support.

Why does the F86 "Support Forum" seem to come and go from their web site ??

Do we use the "General Forum" for our questions or the "Support Forum" ?

Don't misunderstand my thoughts the Sabre is a terrific and I'm enjoying every flight.

Cheers.

Dino Cattaneo
October 31st, 2012, 07:27
I'm seriously considering to buy this...looks really good.
In the meantime, some suggestions for repainters: Cavallino Rampante, Lancieri Neri and Frecce Tricolori aerobatic teams all had the F-86...

http://www.panterenere.it/MIX1976/PHOTOS/RIVOLTO/rivolto.htm

Skyhawk18
October 31st, 2012, 07:41
I'm seriously considering to buy this...looks really good.
In the meantime, some suggestions for repainters: Cavallino Rampante, Lancieri Neri and Frecce Tricolori aerobatic teams all had the F-86...

http://www.panterenere.it/MIX1976/PHOTOS/RIVOLTO/rivolto.htm

Dino:
Frecce Tricolori (#9) will be available soon in an aerobatic display team package. :salute:

krazycolin
October 31st, 2012, 08:39
The forums are always up...

The himem is not the solution to the ctds. However, and I will be honest here, this is almost certainly a conflict of some kind. We "may" not be able to fix it... That said, anyone who is having these issues is free to return the product (if you bought it from us)...

We are continuing to look at and try to resolve this issue.

Dino Cattaneo
October 31st, 2012, 09:14
@Skyhawk18

Great! Now, the only thing stopping me from buying it is that I will not have much time to fly it in the next weeks....

cortomalteseit
October 31st, 2012, 09:51
Congratulations to the Milviz team! It's a wonderful aircraft, well done!

Felixthreeone
October 31st, 2012, 12:12
I am also considering this one....KYWS West yellowstone from Orbx and the Carenado King Air 200 are also contenders right now...