PDA

View Full Version : Team L1049 FSX Native Constellations???

tommieboy
October 26th, 2012, 15:53
What ever happened to this project? I've got their FS9 birds and they look good except for the typical messed up prop / cloud deal in FSX Acceleration.

Tommy

expat
October 29th, 2012, 01:50
Have been flying the rivets off of all of them - in FSX/Accel - since they came out. You just need to swap another good 3 blade prop blur texture that looks good in FSX and they all work fine (for me) in FSX.

delta_lima
October 29th, 2012, 06:28
I have a really nice one I stumbled across years ago - no idea where from - works well for all the 3-blade Calclassics (C240/340, DC-6, all the Connies, etc.)

I'm travelling in Asia at the moment - when I return, (Thurs 8 Nov) if you haven't got one still one, I'll send it to you.

I posted (but never heard back) on Calclassics regarding a similar file for the 4-props ... their new DC-7C would be really nice with an improved prop. Agree with Expat, most of their planes (at least the aforementioned, haven't tried the B377/KC-97 in FSX) is very nice in FSX, notwithstanding how far back some of those models go back, and that they were initially intend for FS9.

Of all of them, the Connies work the best.

DL

skyhawka4m
October 29th, 2012, 06:56
I'm not able to get the DC-6 to fly or even show up in my FSX aircraft when selecting my plane. any help?

tommieboy
October 29th, 2012, 07:53
I have started to created my own prop textures for these Connies, so I'm OK in that department. I was just wondering what ever happened to the FSX native versions of these birds that the someone on Team L1049 had made mention of a long time ago. I guess that project never happened?

Tommy

mjahn
October 29th, 2012, 08:47
Had we but RAM enough, and time,
This suggestion, sir, would be NO crime.

As the poet said. It's true, we have been thinking about it, and maybe something will come of it. However, for reasons of sanity I am doing one project at a time only, and the current one has two engines, one oversize fin, and is a really ugly goon. Anyway it'll have to come first.

Manfred

thunder100
October 29th, 2012, 12:18

As the poet said. It's true, we have been thinking about it, and maybe something will come of it. However, for reasons of sanity I am doing one project at a time only, and the current one has two engines, one oversize fin, and is a really ugly goon. Anyway it'll have to come first.

Manfred

Gute Antwort Manfred

As a former member of the L team,all I can say that still the L's(049-1649) fly well in FSX with decent frame rates*.Apart bump map's&shadows I see little improvement in a new native one apart the huge task to make a new (seperated model) VC

And still the gauges life up to redent DC-6B payware,belive me

Still I understand the dream's

Roland
aka
thunder100

*35 FPS like best new payware

tommieboy
October 29th, 2012, 15:36
Thanks for the responses / clarifications everyone.

I'll move forward on my alternate FSX Acceleration prop textures for these birds and post them on avsim when I'm done. They won't solve the prop / cloud issue, but still, I think some will find them useful.

Tommy

delta_lima
October 29th, 2012, 16:42

Manfred

I know it's getting OT ... but you're not talking about a redone C-46, are you ... 'cause that would be oh so sweet .... Mind you, those clues could just as easily take us to a Martin 404 .... hmmmmm .... :sheep:

DL

Willy
October 29th, 2012, 16:46
My money is on a Super DC-3 aka C-117

dandog
October 29th, 2012, 16:59
As in "Ugly Goon?!".

mjahn
October 30th, 2012, 02:00
... Is the right answer. Super Gooney it is.

expat
October 30th, 2012, 02:14
Manfred, just want to mention to you and the other Connie team members what absolute treasures these planes are and what a generous contribution to the community of some of the very best freeware. I fly often e.g. the 749, 1049, 1649 and Willy Victors and you should know each time I do I think of the many hours and effort it must have taken to achieve what you all did.:salute:

mjahn
October 30th, 2012, 05:34
Many thanks, much appreciated by me and all team members, past and present. I'll check with them, perhaps a quick and dirty conversion is feasible after all...

expat
October 30th, 2012, 06:12
I wasn't fishing (at least this time) !! Seriously, I had seen and thought from the CalClassics forum there might be another (FS9) for the Starliner down the road, which would be more than welcome. I have so many ports in FSX and good fps with the Connies, I honestly don't think it is worth all the time to duplicate these for FSX. What I enjoy, in addition to the huge nostalgia, is all the flight profile and engine management "plate spinnng" that keep's one on their toes and also marvel at all the functionality you guys achieved. It also is educational to practice, read and learn how aircraft and airlines of this era operated, and so differently than they do today.