PDA

View Full Version : Black Canopy Glass

brettt777
October 25th, 2012, 20:44
I have the F/A18 by Daisuke Yamamoto and Hiroaki Kubota with official FSX update by Team KBT in FSX Accel SP2 running in Win7 64. For some reason whenever I am in the cockpit, the canopy and windscreen glass is black and I cannot see through it at all, except where the HUD is. Outside the plane the glass looks fine. I have tried both the "E" and "F" versions of this Super Hornet and they all do it, even the older ones without the KBT update. What do I need to do to cure this?

ST0RM
October 26th, 2012, 05:47
There is a fix available for the canopy. What package did you install?

However, if you are running a nVidia card, you may be out of luck because it simply doesnt work, even with the fix.

I run a GTX 460M and have the same black canopy issue. Bummer since it's an excellent model.

-Jeff

brettt777
October 26th, 2012, 10:30
Well, I guess it's the KBT package. The .exe is called fa18sh41.exe. That one actually told me it wouldn't work with the OS I have (Win7 64). I think it's an FS9 model but it's always worked before. The "F" model I tried is called FSXF-18F_Warhawks. That's the one with the black canopies. These are the models I downloaded a while back and they have always worked till now. So then I go to the Simviation site and re-download the same planes but supposedly newer FSX updated models. They are the F/A18E by Daisuke Yamamoto and Hiroaki Kubota with official FSX update by Team KBT, and F/A-18F SuperHornet "Team FS KBT" Model design by Daisuke Yamamoto. Both of these installed in FSX but both also have the black canopy glass.

My video card is an ATI Radeon 5870. I know there tends to be more compatibility issues with the ATI cars but I like the ATI graphics better. To be honest, I don't remember if I ever even tried these models with this machine. I've been flying the VRS SuperHornet but I have joystick centering issues with that plane for some reason, and it's an fps hog. The machine I used before when I did have them was an old Dell XPS 710 which, ironically, had an nVidia 8600GTS card. As much as I like ATI, when I get to build a new system some time in the next few months I will probably go back to an nVidia card.