PDA

View Full Version : Graphics settings

dhasdell
October 25th, 2012, 08:27
I am using Anisotropic and Anti-Aliasing and getting reasonable results. I was wondering whether I might do better to leave these settings at "none" in the FSX display options and turn them on via the graphics card, where their boxes are currently unticked. What is the thinking on this, please?

Dangerousdave26
October 25th, 2012, 08:40
Once upon a time in the FS9 forum we had a very long discussion about a similar topic.

Specifically then we were looking at Anti Aliasing.

I proved at that time it was better to have the card do the anti aliasing than the sim. It did a better job than the sim did hands down.

Right around a year later I had to replace a video card. With the new video card I could not get good anti aliasing unless I had it on in the sim and the video card at the same time. Alone both of them looked like carp (that is a fish reference they are ugly).

What I came to understand is each system is different and what works on this system might not work on another.

My advise is experiment take notes and figure out what works better for your system.

IanHenry
October 25th, 2012, 08:41
I think you will need to use Nvidia Inspector for it to have any effect. see this link:
http://www.simforums.com/forums/settings-for-new-drivers-updated-v1959_topic36586.html

Regards,
Ian.

dhasdell
October 26th, 2012, 22:39
Thank you. I'll try fiddling around. In theory, though, should using the card settings rather than the game's make the game itself have to work less hard and free up capacity for other tasks?