PDA

View Full Version : prop clock

Ickie
October 24th, 2012, 15:00
today I went to a antique's store and seen a prop clock. it was a 36" prop with a clock in the middle, i did have a pic taken and will post it soon, as I recall it was 25 dollars. if anyone is interested i will get you all the info, I am sure they will send it to you.

http://www.pattyandfriends.com/

hey_moe
October 24th, 2012, 15:14
Did you order me one for my Christmas gift? :icon_lol::icon_lol:

Henry
October 24th, 2012, 15:43
Did you order me one for my Christmas gift? :icon_lol::icon_lol:you been BAD:mix-smi:H:icon_eek:

SSI01
October 24th, 2012, 16:24
A LONG time ago when I was a "dragonfly" (A1C) in the Air Force, I had a surprise one day when a couple of guys I knew from our CE squadron on the base came into my shop with a two-blade 4' prop that had a gouge out of a trailing edge of one blade - not too bad, about six inches in length and maybe three inches or so in depth at its deepest point. The prop had prominent red tips on it. They had found this in one of the older buildings on Forbes AFB that was being demolished and immediately thought of me, so brought it over. I still have it, and am thinking about mounting a clock in its center. You should have seen me getting on the airplane to go home on leave with this thing.

Toastmaker
October 24th, 2012, 19:21
Did anyone accuse you of being so nervous about flying that you felt the need to bring your own spare parts along ??

:running:

Ickie
October 25th, 2012, 05:43
these pics were taken by a friends phone and I had to wait until today to get them, they aint pretty, lol

74394 74395

aircav1970
October 25th, 2012, 15:23
I like it! I just sent an inquiry to Patty's as to the price and if they can ship it to me,that will look great in my sim room! Thanks for the link Ickie!:cool:

Dangerousdave26
October 25th, 2012, 16:43
Hey this gives new meaning to shopping on the internet. :icon_lol:

That is nice.

SSI01
October 26th, 2012, 04:33
Nice pictures, Ickie!

The one the guys found for me is quite a bit larger, I'm afraid.

As a matter of fact, I was razzed by one of the stewardesses about having that thing on the aircraft. I just told them I was hauling parts for the airline's other division. They very kindly placed it in the coat locker until we got home.

Ickie
October 26th, 2012, 06:19
AirCav-70 let me know if they will not ship for you.
I will buy it and take it to the UPS Store and you can pay me through the forums donate button, lol.:isadizzy:

aircav1970
October 26th, 2012, 06:34
AirCav-70 let me know if they will not ship for you.
I will buy it and take it to the UPS Store and you can pay me through the forums donate button, lol.:isadizzy:
Thanks very much Ickie,I should hear back from them today and I'll shoot ya a pm if we need to go that way! :cool:

Ickie
October 26th, 2012, 07:32
if you want me to get it call them and have them hold it until tomorrow, my back is killing me today and i took a real pain pill and now I cannot drive.
my phone # I will pm you with.

aircav1970
October 27th, 2012, 07:49
if you want me to get it call them and have them hold it until tomorrow, my back is killing me today and i took a real pain pill and now I cannot drive.
my phone # I will pm you with.

I purchased the prop clock this morning and Patty's Antiques took care of delivering it to the local UPS store for shipping,Patty's was extremely helpful with the whole deal so a big THANKS to Ickie for the hook-up on this,that is gonna look great on the wall in my sim room and I'll post a pic of it once it gets here and I get it mounted!:cool:

napamule
October 27th, 2012, 22:35
I wonder how much they want for the decoy ducks? :santahat:
Chuck B
Napamule