PDA

View Full Version : Almost There MCAS Miramar

jdhaenens
October 20th, 2012, 20:17
Well, a few more pics. I'm working on photoreal now. Shouldn't be too much longer.

Jim

falcon409
October 20th, 2012, 20:22
Beautiful work Jim. . .as always. :applause::salute:

N2056
October 20th, 2012, 20:46
It's looking great! This is a must-have for me...considering the fact that I live within 10 miles of it.

Sundog
October 20th, 2012, 21:02
I love the look of that flight line. It's great to see it full of so many aircraft/helo's.

blazefox2
October 20th, 2012, 23:10
Looks great, wondering though, will this still have mesh issues with megascenery socal, where the ground raises above the apron/runways and you seem to sink?

also if you are interested in doing MCAS Pendleton i can get you some detailed photos, (i work right across the road from the airfield)

IanHenry
October 20th, 2012, 23:31
Looks great, wondering though, will this still have mesh issues with megascenery socal, where the ground raises above the apron/runways and you seem to sink?

also if you are interested in doing MCAS Pendleton i can get you some detailed photos, (i work right across the road from the airfield)

Blazefox, I think this issue with the Megascenery package is fixed if you apply their SP1.

Regards,
Ian.

airattackimages
October 21st, 2012, 00:27
Awesome Jim!

modelr
October 21st, 2012, 05:07
Fantastic Jim! A must have for me, as I grew up within 20 miles of Miramar.

Victory103
October 21st, 2012, 06:31
Can't wait Jim, looking forward to this as is my MAIW packs, just wish I could make those scenery objects flyable AI (H46/H53/V22).

Felixthreeone
October 21st, 2012, 07:12
Jim, the scenery looks great! Just a question/request...would it be possible to seperate the static helos and v22s into a seperate bgl from the one that would contain c130's or fa18's? The reason I ask is for maiw integration...I would like to retain the helos and such but keep the c130 and hornet ramps clean for AI. If it is a pita then no big deal. Looking forward to it!

jdhaenens
October 21st, 2012, 08:27
Already done Matt. I have 2 different F-18 BGL's, three different hs(Helo Squadron) BGL's and one vs(Vert Lift v-22) BGL. I will supply one AFX file compatible with all the statics and one AFX file with all 270 some odd parking places ready to roll.

This scenery is different than the payware version (not mine). The payware version is NAS Miramar...the Miramar of the "Top Gun" era. This version is updated to the MCAS Miramar era. It may not be totally up to date as when I was making it, I read about a new Hangar 7, new tarmac parking plan, and removal of the fueling octagon. I don't know the progress of those mods. The last time I was at Miramar was 1965 and I was 10 years old. All I can remember was that tthe place was noisy!

The updated FAA airport diagram already has the old runway 28 turned into an extremely wide taxiway with two helo landing areas located NW and SE on the former runway.

Thanks for the kind words all.

Jim

blazefox2
October 21st, 2012, 11:37
Blazefox, I think this issue with the Megascenery package is fixed if you apply their SP1.

Regards,
Ian.

ha! thanks Ian, i think i remember getting an email about that quite a while back, when i bought it for my desktop, now everything is migrated onto my laptop and i completely forgot about that, thanks!

Ian Warren
October 21st, 2012, 14:50
Now that looks brilliant ... I can see a few characters going to " TOPGUN " be up there with the best :salute: <input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><input jscode="leoInternalChangeDone()" onclick="if(typeof(jsCall)=='function'){jsCall();}else{setT imeout('jsCall()',500);}" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

Dino Cattaneo
October 21st, 2012, 23:23
Jim,

this looks really good - Miramar is my default airport for the test flights of my new Tomcat (although it is a F-14D...)!

TARPSBird
October 22nd, 2012, 00:27
Jim, that looks great. I have often eaten my lunch on the back porch of the Air Terminal building while watching flight ops. Transient a/c parking was to the left, toward the fire station. Back in the day you could see almost anything passing through.

spatialpro
October 22nd, 2012, 01:16
Excellent work!!

Just echoing what has been written above, might the helos and Osprey be converted for AI, specifically the excellent program Heli Traffic?

Many thanks

Andy