PDA

View Full Version : I lost an X!

OBIO
October 19th, 2012, 22:33
As in one of the Xs on the size tag on my shirts. In the last sx months, I have lost 3, almost 4, inches from my waist. From a 46 inch waist, I am now around 43 inches, closing in on 42 inches. And my shirt size has gone from XXL to XL. My jeans are all super baggy on me and without my belt fall right off. Today I dug into the dark corner of my closet and pulled out a long sleeve purple shirt that was once one of my favorite shirts. I got too fat to wear it, but could not bring myself to toss it out. Luckily I didn't, because when I put it on today....it fit great. First time in 5 to 7 years that I have been able to button the shirt with out losing the ability to breath. Then I reached back into my closet and pulled out the red pull over that I wore as part of my wedding attire.....haven't been able to wear it since late 2004 or so.....and it fits better now then it did the day I married Deb.

Deb wants me to go out next Friday...my next day off....and buy at least one new pair of jeans in the proper size. The ones that are too big will do just fine for work....but she wants me to have one properly fitting pair of jeans to wear on Friday (my only day off) so that I'm not walking around looking like a rap artist in jeans 4 sizes too big.

Now you may be wondering how many pounds I have dropped. And the answer is...not many. When I began work in April (after being out of work for over 5 years caring for my wife during a breast cancer scare...turned out negative.....and then a brain tumor surgery and lengthy recovery) I weighed 285 pounds. The scale now says 275 pounds. A 10 pound drop....but I have lost a lot more size than pounds as my body has simply replaced fat with muscle....and muscle weighs more than fat. Granted...even when I had a 34 inch waist and looked very thin, I still was heavy.....245 pounds. I have calves (solid muscle calves at that) that are the size of an average man's thighs and thighs the size of an average man's waist....I have always had HUGE powerful legs. Combine that with broad thick shoulders and a rather big chest cage.....I am built to be heavier than I look.

Do I feel better being 4 inches less girthy? Heck yes! My energy level is up and my sleep apnea has decreased greatly. I haven't had a single major flair up of acid reflux in a few months now...though I still get heart burn every once in a while...but not the full blown acid in my throat and nose that I used to wake up from.

So, 4 inches down...another 2 to 4 to go. A 40 inch waist...I can live with that...and live longer in fact.

Tim

Naismith
October 19th, 2012, 23:32
Hmmm, seems you passed that stray X onto me. Or it could be the Old Speckled Hen I found in the liquor store recently. :icon29:

gradyhappyg
October 19th, 2012, 23:41
Don't worry about your lost X!
I found it.
Congrats on gettin into better shape and all the goodies that go along with it.
Now where did I put those Nacho Doritos.

Lionheart
October 20th, 2012, 04:01
Congrats, OBIO!

:medals:

stansdds
October 20th, 2012, 05:04
:applause::applause::applause:

norab
October 20th, 2012, 05:05
Go Tim! :applause::applause::applause:

gecko65
October 20th, 2012, 07:41
Way to go :applause::applause::medals:

aeromed202
October 20th, 2012, 07:56
Way to go there. When I see one of your posts it sometimes crossed my mind how the new job was probably quietly transforming you and also how Deb was getting along. Thanks for updating both and glad things are going well.

arfyhun
October 20th, 2012, 09:50
My congratulations to you Obio. You have every reason to be proud of yourself. Top man!

Graham.

OBIO
October 23rd, 2012, 21:22
Just got back from a late night trip to Walmart. Deb had me pick up a new pair of jeans...a pair that does not look like another person could squeeze in with me. Took three pair to the fitting room to try on...two pair of Wranglers in 42 and 44 and a pair of Dickies in 42. The 44 Wrangles were loose, the 42 Dickies....heck even the legs on them were tight....but the 42 Wranglers.....a tad snug....maybe by a half inch small...but they fit nicely overall. They do feel tight all over...but that is because I have gotten used to wearing pants that are 2 sizes too large, so being in pants that are actually the right size...they feel very close fitting.

So, I am down 1 shirt size (XXL to XL) and 2 pants sizes (46 inch to 42 inch) thus far.

Oh....and because my pants are no longer considered to be Plus Sized.....they are $2 cheaper! $15.77 instead of $17.77 a pair. See, it does pay to lose weight.

Tim

Terry
October 24th, 2012, 04:28
Next time try what they call relaxed fit. Just seems to have a little more material in the right places to make them more comfortable.

OBIO
October 24th, 2012, 22:14
I HAVE to wear relaxed fit jeans....my legs are so big that they will not fit into regular cut jeans. My calves....solid muscle.....are a tad over 20 inches in circumference when relaxed.....almost 23 inches when flexed fully. My thighs are right at 30 inches around and they too are solid as rock...a little fat on them....but very very little. If not for relaxed fit jeans....I would have to wear skirts LOL!

Tim

Jagdflieger
October 25th, 2012, 05:50
Good on you Tim!

There's a thread on personal responsibility for your own health elsewhere and this thread compliments it nicely. Here's to more "poundage" and "inches" lost!

Blackbird686
October 25th, 2012, 08:11
Good on you Tim! Here's to more "poundage" and "inches" lost!

I'll drink to that! :guinness:

BB686:USA-flag: