PDA

View Full Version : 75th ANNIVERSARY OF THE PIPER CUB

beana51
October 19th, 2012, 12:23
<tbody>
My recent AOPA Magazine did a great layout of this event.It was October 8th 1937 at Lock Haven Pennsylvania.Of course History and an American Icon was born!.A scant 34yrs after the wright Bros.

It was to be the Real World Flight Simulator.From its cockpits the Aviators were created to Fly Fighters,Bombers, And Transports shortly later!

I was only 5yrs old then,However my Dad took me to many grass fields to see this yellow wonder...I grew up with that plane.Some years later I had the opportunity to get Dual time in it....That expression.."FLYS LIKE A BUTTERFLY,BUT STINGS LIKE A BEE" was meant for this Friendly looking bright cheery plane

So now its 75yrs. Its ironic another American Icon was born then also December 17, 1935 The DC-3....What a year,We had nothing like them,and now we had it all.

Their History and impact needs no review from me,it is emblazoned in every Aviators Heart,and all those who love Aviation

HAPPY BIRTHDAY J-3 CUB!..Long May You continue to be Forever Young!!

http://i1126.photobucket.com/albums/l609/beana51/screenshot2589.jpg

<tbody>

</tbody>

</tbody>

Daveroo
October 19th, 2012, 12:53
amen,and happy birthday

OBIO
October 19th, 2012, 22:36
I love the Piper Cub....such a sweet little plane to fly....well, in FS9 at least....never seen or flown the real deal....never flown or flown in any real airplane other than the one time a doctor friend of my Dad took mom and me up for a spin....I was maybe a year and a half old and have absolutely no memory of the flight. The Cub is the FS9 stock plane that I have spent the most hours in....low and slow flying at its finest.

Tim