PDA

View Full Version : FTX England screenshots

arrowmaker
October 19th, 2012, 08:22
Posted today on the Orbx forum, three shots of FTX England.

http://fsfiles.org/flightsimshotsv2/images/2012/10/19/MDYBi.jpg

http://fsfiles.org/flightsimshotsv2/images/2012/10/19/ThHx.jpg

http://fsfiles.org/flightsimshotsv2/images/2012/10/19/iqNJb.jpg

Roger
October 19th, 2012, 09:14
Now that's better:cool:

guzler
October 19th, 2012, 09:26
yipeeeeee !!!

PrivateCustard
October 19th, 2012, 09:36
****** yeah!!

My credit card awaits.

full
October 19th, 2012, 09:43
It does look mighty fine ! gonna have to get this, I hope Old Warden is included :0

noddy
October 19th, 2012, 09:47
Think my photo scenery may well be replaced.

Roger
October 19th, 2012, 10:02
Dare I hope that at last the White Cliffs of Dover will be...white?:costum:

Bomber_12th
October 19th, 2012, 10:03
This is an interesting situation to be in. I have some of the Horizon photo scenery for England, and I love the the fact that, no matter where you fly, everything is accurate. However, the strongest point of interest I have in ORBX products is their ability to create sceneries where the colors are so exact to the regions they cover, and that is where the English photo sceneries have always fallen short, no matter the producer - they just never capture the same brilliance of colors that exist throughout England, especially in the spring/early summer - if the colors of the scenery will be anything like their recent New Zealand products, it will be simply amazing. This will be a definite sell especially if they care enough to work with guys like the Airfield Construction Group, and are able to work with them on adjusting or making sure the ACG Duxford scenery fits in flawlessly - there's no doing scenery better than what was accomplished with that production, and I couldn't have an English scenery without the ACG Duxford scenery also installed - I have a feeling that anyone esles efforts would only fall well short. There is also the great UK2000 airfield addons to be concerned about how well they may or may not fit in. I also look forward to seeing how much attention is paid to items like the Dover coast line - they have a real opportunity here to do it well, and unlike anyone has been able to accomplish before, and I hope they don't just slide over it.

stiz
October 19th, 2012, 10:06
surpised how good it looks, to may trees on the mountains though, needs some gause and heather :engel016:

Bomber_12th
October 19th, 2012, 10:25
Finally just checked the ORBX forum page and saw the first image that was posted a few days ago - wow! As I said, I absolutely love the ability of that company to create scenery with all of the spectrum of color of the actual regions. I can't wait to see more details on the Goodwood airfield and others they are working on.

http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/49534-the-very-first-ftx-england-screenshot/

Henry
October 19th, 2012, 10:31
GREAT!:applause:HOPE they havetheFENS MOUNTAIN RANGE?:icon_eek:ENRY:173go1:

hairyspin
October 19th, 2012, 10:41
surpised how good it looks, to may trees on the mountains though, needs some gause and heather :engel016:

Pic number 3 looks to my eye like the foothils of the Cumbrian mountains at the Kendal end, seen from the M6. These Aussies have spies everywhere...

@Henry: LOL

AndyE1976
October 19th, 2012, 11:01
The colours look good from those shots, but it's hard to judge accuracy from pictures of countryside - they certainly look believable to people who don't know that particular location.

The 'poster' on the ORBX forum though shows a building with 'Earls Court Motor Show' on the front, which most definitely is not the Earls Court arena, however it also mentions Goodwood in the same poster, so perhaps it's something to do with the revival meeting.

Will watch this closely.

Roger
October 19th, 2012, 12:08
GREAT!:applause:HOPE they havetheFENS MOUNTAIN RANGE?:icon_eek:ENRY:173go1:

Yes, with their majestic peaks extending over 10,000':icon_lol:

Roger
October 19th, 2012, 12:10
The colours look good from those shots, but it's hard to judge accuracy from pictures of countryside - they certainly look believable to people who don't know that particular location.

The 'poster' on the ORBX forum though shows a building with 'Earls Court Motor Show' on the front, which most definitely is not the Earls Court arena, however it also mentions Goodwood in the same poster, so perhaps it's something to do with the revival meeting.

Will watch this closely.

There are quite a few Goodwood shots so I'd guess it's an advertising poster.

jetstreamsky
October 19th, 2012, 12:32
Fantastic, a definite buy

fallenphoenix1986
October 19th, 2012, 12:35
Looks pretty impressive, if they move north and cover Scotland I'm sold.

Craig

huub vink
October 19th, 2012, 13:59
The scenery looks absolutely beautiful, however there is definitely something not correct........

It isn't raining and there isn't any fog. Just kidding of course, these shots must be taken on the single day it doesn't rain in the UK :engel016:

I share Roger's hope that the white cliffs are the correct shade of white :icon_lol:

Cheers,
Huub

Henry
October 19th, 2012, 14:54
Yes, with their majestic peaks extending over 10,000':icon_lol:higher than that,during sugarbeet harvesting,oohhahhghh:cost1:H

Sundog
October 19th, 2012, 15:13
Looks pretty impressive, if they move north and cover Scotland I'm sold.

Craig

They will. They're going to do all of Europe, er, most of it based on what they've said. The beginning of this year Orbx set up offices in England for the team modeling there.

I'm just hoping that when they model the Netherlands that the NL2000 airfields will integrate with it, especially the military airfields.

ShawnG
October 19th, 2012, 16:20
I'm a big ORBX fan from way back, they may want to do all of Europe, but they're also still planning to do all of North America too, I just wouldn't be too surprised if they don't get it done. (Either EU or NA) the work they do is fantastic and painstaking and takes a while. I would Imagine it will be well into 2014 till all of UK and Ireland is done. It's nice to be ambitious, but I wouldn't get too worked up if it takes a really long time before Europe beyond UK is covered.

Snurdley
October 19th, 2012, 18:04
I'm a big ORBX fan from way back, they may want to do all of Europe, but they're also still planning to do all of North America too, I just wouldn't be too surprised if they don't get it done. (Either EU or NA) the work they do is fantastic and painstaking and takes a while. I would Imagine it will be well into 2014 till all of UK and Ireland is done. It's nice to be ambitious, but I wouldn't get too worked up if it takes a really long time before Europe beyond UK is covered.

This release will include all of England by December. Wales and Scotland will follow which I'm sure will be next year. Northern California and Alaska areas are being readied too.

crashaz
October 19th, 2012, 18:33
Bring that ON!!! Spits,Hurris and 109 galore!!!!

T6flyer
October 19th, 2012, 20:56
As someone who has just changed sims from FS2004 to FSX, I duly purchased the Horizon VFR scenery and found it although very good, but a little too clear for my liking. Last week bought Treescape and deleted that after a day - trees were way too large and didnt seem to fit the surroundings very well. Think will still use my FS2004 setup for British photographic scenery together with the freeware tree addons as found this very realistic having some 1200 hours spent flying in the UK.

Now where was I? Oh yes, FSX. Bought Orbx PNW and really love this and so the English scenery will have to be a must buy. Perhaps a Christmas present to myself? As then will get something that I really want and not clothes or something even worse!

Looking forward to seeing me and then the release.

Best wishes,

Martin