PDA

View Full Version : Crash when changing settings

fsafranek
October 18th, 2012, 11:06
I installed P3D a couple of weeks ago. See lots of potential here. I installed it on drive E: because C: was getting too full. The config files for it are on drive C:. I'm running WinXP Sp3.

However, whenever I go into settings I get a black screen eventually followed by a crash message. The one that asks if you want to restart and also if you want to upload details. I read in another thread here that updating the Logitech drivers fixed a crashing issue but I've done that as well with no change.

I'd like to get in there and move the display sliders around a bit.

Anyone else have this problem and know of a solution?

Lionheart
October 18th, 2012, 11:30
Hey Frank,

Try running it in Administrator mode and see if that bypasses the crashes. If it does, then copy a new folder of LM files (saved flights) into your Administrator section and you should be good to go.

Bill

fsafranek
October 19th, 2012, 07:43
Thanks Bill. Using XP Home so not so easy to verify I am the administrator but found an MS KB article on how to do it. So did it but no change. Someone is sending my their cfg file so I can compare the two and make changes to mine (after backing it up of course.) I did save a flight and load it before trying to get into settings but no joy.

Lionheart
October 19th, 2012, 09:07
Frank,

I am running WinXP 32 and when I go to start it, I right click on the icon and select Run As, and select Administrator.

I also use that cool start program where I can select FLT files directly. I right click on that and select Run As also. Program is P3DLaunch.exe.

Bill

fsafranek
October 19th, 2012, 14:10
Hum? When I right click I get a short menu with typical Windows choices but the closest to "Run As" is "Open".

Now, I am using the Academic version and you no doubt are using a Developer build. But I'd think I would have heard a lot of noise if that was a limitation.

Might just be time for a "repair" re-install.