PDA

View Full Version : Dino's F-35 Update

IanHenry
October 18th, 2012, 01:05
Hi,
I don't know if anyone else has received this yet, but I've had an e-mail from Simmarket telling me they have an updated version of Dino's F-35 Lightning ready for download.

Regards,
Ian. :applause:

Dino Cattaneo
October 18th, 2012, 01:16
Correct - I've uploaded an updated installer overnight.
They are just minor modifications - the most evident are the fact that the -B version has new animations (nozzle rolls to control side movement, and Lift Fan air intake opening angle is now dependant on airspeed - like in the real deal) and all the models have now a crew boarding ladder.
I wish I had time to add more stuff, like new weapon loadouts... but the Tomcat is absorbing all my FSX time - so I decided to release it as is.

Version 2.08

October 17th 2012 – CHANGES FROM PREVIOUS VERSION:

Added 3BSM roll animation, and lift-fan air intake door variable opening angle to F-35B model (as in the real plane the engine nozzle can rotate sideways to help directional control, while the lift fan door opening angle changes depending on airspeed – NOTE: these animations may not work in multiplayer).

Fixed minor mistake in Royal Netherlands Air Force repaint

Fixe light leakage modeling mistake in -B model

Changed registry entry in installation program (should address compatibility issues in some configurations)

Fixed F-35B canopy texturing misplacement

Added crew boarding model and animation to all models (SHIFT+E then 4 controls the animation – panel opens and crew boarding ladder is deploued, cosmetic-only)

cortomalteseit
October 18th, 2012, 04:28
That's what i call efficiency!
Thank you very much!!! :salute:

Warrant
October 18th, 2012, 04:52
Great news (had the mail in my inbox this morning).

Thanks Dino! Great service :ernae:

DennyA
October 18th, 2012, 13:01
Awesome, Dino! I'd like to put in a request for a "clean" version of the F-35C if you ever do any tweaks to that one. Love it, but that's the best-looking F-35 (IMHO) and I'd love a clean one (1) for the sleek looks, and (2) to enable a Blue Angels repaint. :)

DaveWG
October 18th, 2012, 13:11
There already is a clean version of the "C". I think it got added with the previous update.

DennyA
October 18th, 2012, 13:36
Oh, sweet! I must have missed a prior update. Thanks for the heads-up, DaveWG!

(Now, we just need someone with painting skills to get on that Blue Angels paintjob. :)