PDA

View Full Version : Jag M?

peter12213
October 17th, 2012, 17:43
Anyone got a Specat/Breguet Jaguar M model I could steal? No VC necessary, Think Alphasim and the Bos, UKMIL had one on the brew, I've just bought a whole load of 70 books regarding this aircraft and need a .mdl even a basic one to get some flight dynamics worked out, if anyone can help / or has an interest in this model can you let me know please! Taa fellaz!

Ferry_vO
October 17th, 2012, 21:26
If you are a member, UKMIL has a Jaguar Beta that you can download. No VC last time I checked but a nice visual model.

fallenphoenix1986
October 18th, 2012, 06:29
Can't help you out, but I am interested :cool:
Heard a story that it lost out to the SuE as it was deemed to have inadequate performance around the ship if it were to lose an engine... yeah, the single engined Etendard would have been far superior in this eventuality :isadizzy:

Craig

spatialpro
October 18th, 2012, 06:34
I'm interested too! :cool:

I don't have a model, but I do have scale drawings for the M, which I'd happily scan at 600dpi.

Andy

hschuit
October 18th, 2012, 07:08
Found this on FlightSim.com. Don't get too excited yet, it is a repaint of the old Alphasim freeware Jag:

http://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/fslib.php?searchid=1361169

fsafranek
October 18th, 2012, 07:16
This is probably a repeat of hschuit's suggestion but at flightsim.com found "jaguar_marine.zip"

Size: 5,437,629
Date: 05-18-2012

Searched for "jaguar". Came up on the first page.

Hope this helps.
:ernae:

SkippyBing
October 18th, 2012, 09:18
Can't help you out, but I am interested :cool:
Heard a story that it lost out to the SuE as it was deemed to have inadequate performance around the ship if it were to lose an engine... yeah, the single engined Etendard would have been far superior in this eventuality :isadizzy:

Craig

To be fair the standard Jaguar only seemed to get airborne thanks to the curvature of the Earth and its single engine performance was less than stellar. It may well have been the case that in the event of losing an engine you were no better off than a single engine aircraft as you couldn't get it back on the deck.

peter12213
October 19th, 2012, 11:09
Yeh but it looked cool as hell and was flown off a few carriers unless I'm mistaken, would love to have had a go for real! As stated I've been doing alot of ready on the jaguar and It was clearly the lack of an autopilot radar and its low range were the coffin nails for the project. Downloading that .zip now so thanks for that!