PDA

View Full Version : Home from work...and smelly a bit ZESTY!

OBIO
October 16th, 2012, 22:26
Ever wondered what you would smell like after peeling a ton of onions? Me either....but I found out tonight anyhow. One hundred 20-pound boxes of onions....peeled, inspected, and packaged. I can't describe the process we used to peel those onions, as the process and equipment we use was developed by the company I work for and is proprietary and has patents pending on it....but suffice it to say....it does require a fair bit of manual effort and personally eye-balling each and every onion to make sure it is peeled properly and has no bad spots, cracks or rot. It's actually a fun job to do...if you don't mind coming home smelling like the world's largest onion ring. Pass the ketchup, please LOL!

On a less smelly front....tonight the supervisors asked me if I would be willing to come in an hour early each day to help set up the production lines and bring out the produce. Sure! An extra 6 hours a week...heck I get to work a half hour or so early every day and sit in the break room talking to my co-workers....an extra half hour early each day, making money instead of sitting in the break room chatting....its a no brainer in my book.

And the supervisors informed me that they will be using me for more pallet jack and tow motor work...bringing raw produce out of the coolers to the packing lines, and putting packaged produce back into other coolers to wait for their turn to be shipped. Not likely to get any extra pay for that....but it does translate into more job security since I will be a more valuable "asset" for the company.

Tim

Jagdflieger
October 17th, 2012, 07:20
Looks like a some career progression Obio. I'm glad to see that the company values your efforts.

aeronca1
October 17th, 2012, 11:08
I prefer Kraft Miracle Whip with my rings, but I have to admire your attitude towards work! Very refreshing these days!

brad kaste
October 17th, 2012, 14:49
OBIO.....as long as ya' smell like Vandalia onions,...you'll be fine.

n4gix
October 17th, 2012, 15:11
Not likely to get any extra pay for that....but it does translate into more job security since I will be a more valuable "asset" for the company.

Not to mention probably smelling a little less fragrant! Of course, B.O. smells like rotten onions anyway, so perhaps not, come to think of it! :mixedsmi: