PDA

View Full Version : Goosed!

Cazzie
January 3rd, 2009, 10:06
I know some of you have probably long flown the Grumman Goose that came with Acceleration, so to you it's nothing new. But this morning I wanted to fly an amphibian, take off on land and land on water. The Goose is the only amphibian in FSX.

Well, dag-nabbit, this old Goose is a sweet airplane, ain't it? :icon_lol:

Once I familiarized myself with the overall VC controls while on the ramp at KDAN and worked all the "A" key functions in VC, I came to love this airplane. I put it down gently at Hyco Lake right at the power plant.. Lovely old bird! :ernae:

Caz

stiz
January 3rd, 2009, 10:18
its the best defult plane ever done :applause: :applause:

Meso
January 3rd, 2009, 10:32
Nice shots Stiz. I had the same thought yesterday! I started up tile proxyy and departed from dilingham at Oahu. P.S. I like the beaver also!

kind regards,

Meso

JorisVandenBerghe
January 3rd, 2009, 11:24
I wished there were more amphibians for FSX...I'll be glad when Aerosoft's Catalina is released (hopefully before Eastern...)!

A lovely machine, they made magnificent flying machines during the Golden Age of aviation...

:ernae:
J.

scotsman
January 3rd, 2009, 11:29
Hi Caz,

I fully agree - and that old lady makes a great item for pics. Wood like to see one with weathered RAF livery and perhaps a nose art.
Do you know this download at Avsim that brings her deeper into the water?
<table align="center" bgcolor="#aaccee" border="0" width="50%"><tbody><tr><td width="25%">
</td> <td width="75%">fsx_goose_realism_fix.zip</td></tr></tbody></table>
Mike

Meso
January 3rd, 2009, 11:36
Hi Caz,

I fully agree - and that old lady makes a great item for pics. Wood like to see one with weathered RAF livery and perhaps a nose art.
<TABLE width="50%" align=center bgColor=#aaccee border=0><TBODY><TR><TD width="25%">

</TD><TD width="75%">fsx_goose_realism_fix.zip</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
Mike

im not aware of that fix, but i've seen that the wheel lock in the vc is wrong. when the lever is at unlocked it is in fact locked and vis(t)a versa.

kind regards,

Meso

jdhaenens
January 3rd, 2009, 12:29
Did Someone say "Goose?"

robcap
January 3rd, 2009, 12:44
its the best defult plane ever done :applause: :applause:

A lovely machine, they made magnificent flying machines during the Golden Age of aviation...:applause: :applause:

I couldn't agree more :mixedsmi:

Cheers, R.

Tako_Kichi
January 3rd, 2009, 13:26
The Goose also has the best sounds of all the default aircraft IMHO. I love the sound of those two big radials.

Cazzie
January 3rd, 2009, 14:30
Hi Caz,

<table width="50%" align="center" bgcolor="#aaccee" border="0"><tbody><tr><td width="25%">
</td> <td width="75%">fsx_goose_realism_fix.zip</td></tr></tbody></table>
Mike

It's at FlightSim as fsxgoosx.zip (http://www.flightsim.com/cgi/kdl/main/83/fsxgoosx.zip?rZIJL03L).

Caz

klemay
January 3rd, 2009, 15:12
Hey JD,

Beautiful Coast Guard paint....where can one find it?

Panther_99FS
January 3rd, 2009, 15:31
The "Goose" & Maule are definitely 2 of my default favorites...:Banane44:

jdhaenens
January 3rd, 2009, 15:31
Tom Stoval, another forum member here made it and I believe it's at Avsim, maybe here as well, I haven't checked.

Jim

txnetcop
January 3rd, 2009, 16:01
I love several of the default FSX aircraft. I really pleased with that Goose. Combined with MoCat and Jim's seaports it is just plain fun.:applause:

CG_1976
January 3rd, 2009, 16:05
Goose, Come to think of USCG paints. I have Tom's fine paint but i seem to have somewere found a USCG current paint somewere on the Web. Anybody know of the site that contains the current USCG scheme. I love having Historical USCG paired with Current.

Ah ha found the Current USCG scheme for the FSX Goose.http://www.vintageatc.com/repaints.html
Stoval USCG Goosehttp://www.sim-outhouse.com/downloads/download.php?lloc=downloads&FileID=12432 (http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/../downloads/download.php?lloc=downloads&FileID=12432)

warbird861
January 4th, 2009, 02:01
I wished there were more amphibians for FSX...I'll be glad when Aerosoft's Catalina is released (hopefully before Eastern...)!

A lovely machine, they made magnificent flying machines during the Golden Age of aviation...

:ernae:
J.

Catalina is supposed to be released on February and I believe we are on schedule, but don't accuse me if anything happens :kilroy:

JorisVandenBerghe
January 4th, 2009, 07:14
Catalina is supposed to be released on February and I believe we are on schedule, but don't accuse me if anything happens :kilroy:
LOL, of course I won't :whistle:...but I'm glad to hear that, really. Thanks for the information!

BASys
January 4th, 2009, 10:15
Hi Folks

Love the Goose.

Recommend flying the Aleutian Cargo Run mission, (FSX RTM).
Great atmosphere.

ATB
Paul