PDA

View Full Version : Thiking about the Virtavia C-17....

ColoKent
October 13th, 2012, 18:31
....two questions:

- Does anyone have any comments/opinion on it?
- I cannot find a paintkit for it (even on the Virtavia freeware/paintkit downloads page, and it does not say one is included)

Thoughts?

Kent

Felixthreeone
October 13th, 2012, 18:52
I purchased it on sale some time ago....I think on pc aviator. It is excellent...I enjoy flying it; the vc is well done and the sound set excellent. The flight dynamics seem to mimic the advanced flight controls of this heavy aircraft well, and performance is within the range one would expect. Lighting is well done. It does not have an FMC, but I think I have seen a thread where one was added. Overall I would recommend it

peter12213
October 14th, 2012, 01:01
I love it too, I normally do not like heavies but this is so nice to fly and you end up doing desert stip ultra short landings and Khe Sahn approaches! Highly reccomend if a touch expensive!

strykerpsg
October 20th, 2012, 10:58
I purchased it on sale some time ago....I think on pc aviator. It is excellent...I enjoy flying it; the vc is well done and the sound set excellent. The flight dynamics seem to mimic the advanced flight controls of this heavy aircraft well, and performance is within the range one would expect. Lighting is well done. It does not have an FMC, but I think I have seen a thread where one was added. Overall I would recommend it

Agree with the write up but have never seen an update for the FMC. Ironically, just read the Virtavia link and they installed the FMC for the Xplane version but not FSX, pity as I also highly recommend but do recall an FMC promised on their now defunct forum before release. It does have an excellent pit and exterior and sounds are exquisite. Perhaps Mal may know of any FMC updates for the FSX?