PDA

View Full Version : Widescreen

Cratermaker
January 3rd, 2009, 04:49
So I have been away from IL2 for a while, but saw IL2:1946 on Steam for $7.50 and bought it.

Now back when, I think there was a utility called stab or something that allowed me to get the correct widescreen aspect ration.

Is there something out there or some file to edit that allows me to get widescreen(correct aspect ratio) for IL2:1946?

Cratermaker
January 3rd, 2009, 05:19
Oh wait, found the conf.ini file in the steam subfolder. Poking around a bit, I edited the screen dimensions and saveaspect settings and have glorious 1680x1050 in the proper aspect ratio.

MOG Cluffy
January 4th, 2009, 07:31
Oh wait, found the conf.ini file in the steam subfolder. Poking around a bit, I edited the screen dimensions and saveaspect settings and have glorious 1680x1050 in the proper aspect ratio.

Cratermaker, in wide screen have you managed to keep the indicators for friend/enemy in the out of cockpit mode?

Cratermaker
January 5th, 2009, 10:57
Sorry, I'm not sure what you are talking about. The target boxes that highlight the other planes?

MOG Cluffy
January 6th, 2009, 01:08
Sorry, I'm not sure what you are talking about. The target boxes that highlight the other planes?

Hi Cratermaker,

If your flying out of cockpit ie presing SHIFT+F1 you get target indicators (red & blue triangles) if there are planes near your plane.

When I tried to fit the game to widescreen 22" I found that when I was out of cockpit the target indicators would only work on one side of the screen.

Not the end of the world but it would be nice to use the whole screen with target indicators.

Cheers

MOG Cluffy

Nausicaa
January 6th, 2009, 02:31
The widescreen via the conf.ini in IL2 is a workaround, not a really working widescreen. There where no widescreens when the game was originally programmed. That means that you will see via the workaround your cockpit and world in widescreen, but all other elements, like map, speed bar and target indicators can't be pushed further then the 4:3 aspect ratio which forms an invisible barrier inside your new 16:9 aspect ratio.

MOG Cluffy
January 6th, 2009, 06:33
The widescreen via the conf.ini in IL2 is a workaround, not a really working widescreen. There where no widescreens when the game was originally programmed. That means that you will see via the workaround your cockpit and world in widescreen, but all other elements, like map, speed bar and target indicators can't be pushed further then the 4:3 aspect ratio which forms an invisible barrier inside your new 16:9 aspect ratio.

Thanks for replying Nausicca. Shame about that, but atleast it's fair for everyone.