PDA

View Full Version : AlphaSim F-117 Hud Fix

falcon409
October 13th, 2012, 16:22
Is anyone aware of a fix for the solid black HUD in the recently released (as freeware) F-117?:wiggle:

PutPut
October 13th, 2012, 18:38
Is anyone aware of a fix for the solid black HUD in the recently released (as freeware) F-117?:wiggle:

I'm second in line.:pop4:

Paul

falcon409
October 13th, 2012, 18:58
If I could figure out if it's on a texture I might be able to fix it, but thus far, nothing looks familiar. Could also be that it's part of the mdl.

falcon409
October 13th, 2012, 20:14
Ok, this one's gone. After messing with it for most of the day, I found several things. . .one is that it isn't the HUD that's blacked out, it's whatever is mounted above the moving map and below the HUD. The HUD was actually commented out "To save on FPS". There were also 13 gauges commented out of the VC, why, I'm not at all sure and even after adding them back in there was nothing added to the cockpit that I could see. Finally, after all that time in the VC it was obvious that nothing, aside from a few buttons on the moving map, is clickable. I downloaded it to add it to my "Modern Military" folder, but I don't really need it that bad. So bye, bye F-117.:wavey:

Daube
October 13th, 2012, 23:06
I wish somebody would finally build a virtual cockpit to add to the Captain Sim F-117 that is embedded with their Hornet :/
Thanks for the information about the Alphasim one Falcon. I had downloaded it yesterday, but not installed yet. I will delete the archive right away.

falcon409
October 13th, 2012, 23:31
. . . . .Thanks for the information about the Alphasim one Falcon. I had downloaded it yesterday, but not installed yet. I will delete the archive right away.
Yea, too bad really as it is otherwise a nicely done VC and exterior. . .just a bit too much wrong to spend any time tinkering.

Gosh, just noticed I've gone over 7000 posts. Don't know if that's a milestone or not, lol. . . .think I'll just go to bed now, lol.

fsafranek
October 14th, 2012, 21:08
Nothing wrong with it. You guys are trying to use it in the wrong sim. Just sayin'
:ernae:

falcon409
October 15th, 2012, 17:30
Nothing wrong with it. You guys are trying to use it in the wrong sim. Just sayin'
lol, and you know that it's virtually impossible for these airplanes to remain only in FS9. If we can somehow "force them" into another sim. . .we'll do it. :salute:

Essex
December 1st, 2013, 16:21
[Vcockpit01]
Background_color=0,0,0
size_mm=512,512
visible=0
pixel_size=512,512
texture=$vpanel

harrybasset
December 2nd, 2013, 08:07
I am not seeing a black square but my VC view is black outside.