PDA

View Full Version : Milviz AH-1W Super Cobra Preview

MenendezDiego
October 13th, 2012, 13:57
Hey guys,

To see a preview of the Milviz AH-1W Super Cobra, follow this link: http://milviz.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=2400

All the best, Diego

roger-wilco-66
October 13th, 2012, 14:59
I like the way you presented this, and what I saw, of course. Never seen that on a simulation cockpit before.

Cheers,
Mark

krazycolin
October 13th, 2012, 15:04
we have much higher rez ones but... they take FOREVER to load... (16 megs each)

PRB
October 13th, 2012, 15:10
Dang, that's nice. I may have to figure out how to fly these confounded "Ruby-Goldberg" contraptions after all...

- Paul

MudMarine
October 13th, 2012, 16:37
Finally! A snake pit that actually looks like a snake pit! I'm all over this Cobra like stink on poo!! VERY EXCITED!:applause:

jetstreamsky
October 13th, 2012, 17:01
I see just empty forum posts

OleBoy
October 13th, 2012, 17:28
They took forever to load on my slow connection. The images are GREAT. I've never seen that amount of detail in a simulator model, but it is definitely very impressive.
I never have been able to fly helicopters very well. Mainly due to helicopters fly differently than aircraft. I always have to change the joystick and simulator settings to fly one or the other.
It gets cumbersome. And I have FSUIPC. I still haven't figured out how to make profiles. :icon_lol:

krazycolin
October 13th, 2012, 17:52
I see just empty forum posts

You must have flash installed.

jetstreamsky
October 13th, 2012, 18:07
Oh well, not an option on iPad, I'll have to wait until Monday

Kiwikat
October 13th, 2012, 18:08
Can you please post some here? They aren't showing up on my tablet.

MenendezDiego
October 13th, 2012, 18:14
You'll have to check them on a PC as they're 3D flash animations.

Regards, Diego

yankeeromeo
October 14th, 2012, 00:43
Hello FOlks,

I had a look at your portfolio, which is impressive and here's my question: do you plan to release all the models in this portfolio ?
Cheers.

krazycolin
October 14th, 2012, 01:20
The portfolio is just that. A portfolio of the models we have. They are not for FSX.... Though some may end up being used... most will not.

Roadburner440
October 14th, 2012, 04:59
The only downside to these panoramic images is that they use Flash. Which if I am not mistaken is not supported by tablets (at least the iPad like I have). So unfortunately if you are trying to view them on a tablet they will not come up. They also do take awhile to load since they are so huge. When I was trying to look at them last night I thought there was an issue with my connection cause all I saw were squares. Just be patient even if you have a cable internet connection, and eventually they will load.

As far as flying helicopters it is not to hard. I struggled with it in FSX for YEARS. However the best thing I ever did was turn off all of the dead zones on my controller, and after that I had no more problems. Flying heli's is very hands on as they do not trim in the sim like airplanes do. So when I fly I just do not have any dead zones, and use very small inputs to hover. I am still not great, but proficient enough that I can do basic hovers and land.

jetstreamsky
October 14th, 2012, 05:06
..............the best thing I ever did was turn off all of the dead zones on my controller, and after that I had no more problems. Flying heli's is very hands on as they do not trim in the sim like airplanes do. So when I fly I just do not have any dead zones, and use very small inputs to hover...........

Completely true, imagine trying to drive a car where the steering only kicks in when you have the wheel turned by a 180 degrees, oh wait a minute, I've driven some cars like that :running:

Naruto-kun
October 14th, 2012, 05:32
I believe the no deadzone thing is most effective when used with a Saitek X-65

griphos
October 14th, 2012, 07:43
No, I've used several different joysticks, and helicopters are always much more controllable with no null zones and full sensitivity.