PDA

View Full Version : nVidia Inspector> New release> Questions

OleBoy
October 11th, 2012, 16:21
I just downloaded and installed the latest nVidia (WHQL) GeForce 306.97 Drivers. They installed without a hitch.
I then ran nVidia Inspector. Come to learn, there was also an update (v1.9.6.6) for that that was available.

The previous version had (or maybe I created) a profile for P3D. This latest version of nVidia Inspector has nothing listed for Prepar3D.
So I'm thinking that I created the profile for it. Problem is, how the heck did I do it? :pop4::icon_lol:

I'm hoping someone in the know can refresh my fading memory on how I create a new profile.
Anyone?

Never mind. Found it. The little "sun" icon found on the top bar. Click it, and create to your tweaking content.

OleBoy
October 12th, 2012, 09:18
In nVidia Inspector, once you create a new profile for Prepar3D, you can then go into the 3D settings (See image 1) dialogue of nVidia drivers you have installed. There is a drop down menu (see image 2) where you can select the Profile you created in nVidia Inspector. Select 'Prepar3D'. Once selected, you can hold your mouse pointer over all the settings on the left. For each, watch below and an explanation of what each of them do will show on the bottom of the screen. Then you will have an idea what to change based on your video card and it's abilities.

It's a good idea to have both the 3D 'settings' panel open, and nVidia Inspector settings at the same time as you go.

SOH image attachments clarity is not the best. Download the zip for better quality. 73872

Here's my starting point for my GTX570 video card.
Once again, download the full resolution shot if you like. 73874

Get the latest version of nVidia Inspector (v1.96.6) http://www.techspot.com/downloads/5077-nvidia-inspector.html

Shane Strong CYHZ
October 13th, 2012, 08:23
lately i can seem to get inspector to work with the settings i put it defualts back to default or it has no effect in the sim