PDA

View Full Version : amendment to last post...

Captain Tenneal
January 3rd, 2009, 00:08
Thanks to the good graces of G2B I have a new MoBo with a 1333 FSB

ok she posts! starts xp install, I mean loading drivers and such but about 40 seconds into windows set up she shuts down?
any ideas? when I first started it it said that the CPU was bad i went into bios and it saw it there i chose to save defaults then I was not geting that message any more...i have tryed insatalling thro my dvd rom, no luck hooking up a few HDD i had to see if maybe it was the stat drive that was choking it up but that wasnt it i don't that the bios see's the sata drive....i tried to install from my USB dvd drive same issue. Im sure it is a user error.... :-(

Bruce...

Captain Tenneal
January 6th, 2009, 21:52
Update :-(

or maybe a good thing

well it ain't the HDD i was able to load the OS onto it in another machine after that I thought i had put the sata cable to the wrong sata data port on the MoBo but i double checked it and spun up the install again and again machine powers down after initial install of drivers and before start of format/windows install

Ok the Bios says the CPU is running at around 98c is that way to high for a dual core? system is running about 23c I'm using the fan that came with the CPU every one says that one would be ok I do have an after market fan sitting doing nothing I have real good airflow I think? is maybe that a 1333 fsb CPU shoot from running in 1066 fsb MoBo? gawd I hope not.......I'm getting desperate even enough to start playing cfs2 on a old celeron emachines AKKKK!!!!!!and forget about ever running FSX :help: :banghead:

(edit) changed out to the after market fan, still no joy............:help: :banghead:

David_L6
January 7th, 2009, 04:12
OK, I'm going back and forth through both of your threads........ Let's see if we can get this figured out.

What motherboard are you trying to use now (the one with the 1333 FSB)?

I doubt that trying to run a 1333 FSB CPU in a 1066 FSB motherboard hurt anything.

98°C is way too HOT. That very well could be the problem.

What do you mean "powers down"? Does the computer completely shut off? Do you get any beeps when you first turn it on?

Captain Tenneal
January 7th, 2009, 06:33
Thanks

What motherboard are you trying to use now (the one with the 1333 FSB)?
I'm using the 1333 board

What do you mean "powers down"? Does the computer completely shut off? Do you get any beeps when you first turn it on?
yes it shuts off completely and there are also beep(s) now.......

David_L6
January 7th, 2009, 11:21
Thanks

I'm using the 1333 board

yes it shuts off completely and there are also beep(s) now.......

Brand and model number of motherboard?

The beeps should provide the answer. Google "beep codes" for your particular motherboard.You'll find something like this beep codes (http://www.computerhope.com/beep.htm).