PDA

View Full Version : SOH Library; is there a tutorial ?

Geomitrak
October 10th, 2012, 12:35
For the life of me, I simply can't work out how you go about finding specific files. The closest I've got was a database error; at least I almost got to the database. As an example, I am looking for repaints of the SOH A-26 Invader for FSX. I've tried to input any and all permutations of those key words, and get nothing. Its probably simple ( either that or I am ), so can someone run through the process please ?

Many thanks

Rami
October 10th, 2012, 12:50
Gemoitrak,

You mean like this?

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/local_links_search.php

Steps - Library - Search - Search for Text "Invader" - and on the right-side box, (search categories) FSX skins. Then click "search."

fleurdelys
October 10th, 2012, 13:47
Hi Rami,

I just tried finding my repaints for both FS9 and FSX and it works (partly) !...:kilroy:

I'm pleasantly surprised... :icon_lol:

Although there are a few missing, still ...
I made some textures for Manfred Jahn's C47 Dakota which don't appear under my search request (Fleurdelys_FSX Skins); but they are there as I managed to find both of them by taking an alternate road to get there (Manfred Jahn_FSX Skins)... :isadizzy:
Still, some very nice work has been made and it is getting there ... :medals:

Cheers,

Fleurdelys

Geomitrak
October 10th, 2012, 21:01
Gemoitrak,

You mean like this?

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/local_links_search.php

Steps - Library - Search - Search for Text "Invader" - and on the right-side box, (search categories) FSX skins. Then click "search."

Rami, thanks. Found them now you have pointed me to them, but it still leaves questions about how the search facility works. I had been to that page, and was having no luck there.

As an example of my problem...yesterday I downloaded two files which I obtained by direct links;

A26soh.zip
FSX_SOH_A26_Invader.zip

However if I search for them ( in category FSX American aircraft for the first file , and FS 2004 aircraft for the second file ) I can only get a result if, as you suggest, I type in 'Invader'. If I type in 'a26' or even just 'SOH' I get nothing. What happens if I don't know the keyword ?

What does the search actually look for ? It doesn't seem to me that it searches for the file name. For the A-26 Invader SOH project files, only the word 'Invader' seems to be a keyword.

Also, do I have to enter the search category twice, one in the upper right 'Search Category' pane and again at bottom right in 'Categories' with the 'Go' button ?

Rami
October 11th, 2012, 13:43
I tried the search feature again, typing "A-26" in the search text box...I got more than a page of hits.

Geomitrak
October 11th, 2012, 20:04
Rami, I'm clearly doing something wrong here. Its not working for me, but I'll get there. Thanks for your time and help. :guinness:

OleBoy
October 12th, 2012, 11:53
In the search box, I tried the same 'method' as Rami suggests. It seems to be working alright.
Search <> A-26 Invader/FS2004 Skins = 4 pages
Search <> A-26 Invader/FSX Skins = 1 page

Geomitrak
October 13th, 2012, 09:42
Ok guys, I got it. Somethings ya don't see for looking too much. Not telling, its too embarrassing. But thanks for the help.